April 24, 2014 | 1955 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very good sunblock. does not make my skin feel greasy at all after putting it on top of a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

One of the best sunblocks I have ever used. this is the only sunblock I used when I was hiking for all day long. And I didn't break out even though I put more and more layer on as the day went on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful daily face sunscreen and makeup primer in one. It doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin. In fact, my skin feels smoother and healthier after using this for a while.

I am fair-skinned, so it does not give me much of a white cast. It helps my mineral powder foundation stay put a little longer, and helps keep my oily forehead matte. I love the convenience of having sun protection and primer all in one.

I would definitely recommend this product for those with sensitive/oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by bluelimelemon

My sister got this from the US since it's not available in Asia (I think the Asia version is the multi defense?), it's very small. Only 30 mL/1fl.oz compared to the perfect UV protector, but then again, this is for face only while the perfect UV is for face&body.

The fact that it doesn't have a PA rating (the newer version) kinda bothers me because I like to know how sunscreen products works to protect my skin from UVA.

The texture is similar to the perfect UV. Very runny and liquid-y. Smells flowery like other Shiseido products. I thought that it would almost be the same with the perfect UV since it has the same texture and smell. But after I applied it on my face, it's little bit different from what I expected.

(Note: this is based on 3 day testing on a part of my face for any allergic reactions)

First of all, it leaves a white cast. I used this for 3 days on my left jaw to test for allergic reactions and the rest of my face with the perfect UV protector and I can actually see the area which I apply this sunscreen! Maybe it's because the zinc oxide level is 12.5% and it reflects a lot of light, making the white cast.

Second, it's very, very drying. The perfect UV is drying at some point if I apply too much my oily skin will be dry and flaky. But this one, if I apply even at a small amount it will be very flaky and dry. I don't know it's only my skin (which is oily but sometimes flaky), or happen to other people.

Third, I experienced a few clogged pores on the testing area, not acne, but little colorless and painless bumps. Nothing major, but I'll admit it makes me a little bit worried to put this on my whole face (especially more sensitive cheek area). Some reviews said it's because of the ethylhexyl palmitate, but I can't say for sure.

What I like it's non greasy and it's easily spread, but for something similar and better performance, I will pick the perfect UV protector. Too bad this one doesn't live to my expectation because I see people raved about this :( maybe because the content is changed (more active ingredients)? so it tends to be more drying and leave a white cast?

Pick this one up if you have pale skin, oily skin, and less sensitive, and I'm sure you'll love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by seh075

i personally like this one a lot. the white cast doesn't bother me because im pretty pale. it absorbs very fast and leaves a very matte finish. also love the high protection coverage. my face never gets burned when i wear this stuff. price is a bit much but i stock up from sephora when i have a coupon

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this product once about a month ago, was obsessed! Absolutely loved it, I finally found a great sunscreen! Went back this week to pick up another , as I was running low. I got it home and realized the box looked a little different than I remember. I still had the old one and I compared. The new product no longer has the PA+++ on it anymore. And the amount of sunscreen had been almost cut in half. Went back to Macy's and asked and she said its the same product it just can no longer have PA+++ on the package. I told her about the sunscreen being cut in half and she didn't know anything about it. I ended up keeping it, thinking ill keep it as a back up and use it for now, until I kind yet another. It's awful!!!! It's not the same consistency, there is an awful white cast, it never seems to rub in entirely. It is absolutely awful! Why do they do that?!?! Would never repurchase. Save your money!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

i can't believe we have to pay 30$ for 1oz in the US for something you can find in Japan or other parts of Asia for around <10$

complete highway robbery, i see what you did there, Shiseido
well played, well played....

Alternatives, any of the ds japanese ss like biore UV face milk or something a little pricier like Sekkisei Sun protector (35$ for 2oz)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is without a doubt the BEST sunblock I have ever used on my face. It is very expensive, but worth it. A small amount covers my entire face, dries to a satiny-matte finish, does not make my oily skin any oilier, and does NOT leave any white cast. I have had no breakouts, clogged pores, or any other problems with this. I use a pore-refining primer first, then this, and apply my BB cream over it. I LOVE the finish and HIGHLY recommend this product for oily skinned gals like me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

oh yes, super light weight and it disappear in seconds into your skin. it has both chemical and natural sunscreen ingredients. non shinning and no strong smell, very matte. i dont know about the claim that it protects the urban environment, i am doubtful that it does anything apart from the sun UVA UVB.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by intelsana

This is a great sunscreen for summer time use. It is very light, non-greasy, and absorbs very well so you can re-apply it during the day as needed.