September 22, 2014 | 1981 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ting2

I love this product! This is my HG sunscreen. It goes on smooth and dries nicely to a matte finish. This also has great oil control and does not clog my face. I reapply throughout the day as needed and does not leave me with white cast.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by anny6587

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know that it says for face only, but I was wondering if I can use it on arms and necks etc? If I'm spending $30 I'd rather but one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by bgfp9898

Love love love this sunblock. I use it everyday under makeup. It has a non oily finish which is so important for summer time. I would even dare to say this sunblock mattifies my skin after moisturizer. It's just an amazing product. Light and fragrance free. Took it with me to the Caribbean and it kept my face matte and makeup in place. A small bottle like this lasts for about 3 months with daily application. This is my HG sunscreen!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Daisy1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector in Shade #3. I read reviews on the Sephora web site before purchasing this. I was looking for something lightweight and sheer but with a glow of some kind. I had been using Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel in Radiant and while I do like it a lot it was lacking in the healthy glow aspect and the shade needed deepening with a darker powder (BM Faux Tan) to suit my slightly tanned face.
Upon using the Shieseido the first time I was so impressed by the luminosity and brighteining aspect of this foundation/tinted creme. It sets to a non sticky finish and doesn't need powder. It isn't silicone based like Perfekt is, and gives a more natural, clean, dewey glow. It transforms your skin from blah to yah. Really amazing product. I will be using this from now on. The price is cheaper than the Perfect ($60.00), Shiesdo ($30.00).
This comes in three shades. The darkest shade really isn't that dark. It is a forgiving color and can be used on a variety of skin tones. I add a little dusting of Laura Mercier Loose Mineral powder in Rich Vanilla just because I love that powder and I am used to setting everything a little bit even if it isn't nessessary. I top that with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and Bobbie Brown Pale Pink blush mixed with Tartes Natural Beauty blush (strawberry/red). The result is perfection. LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update 1/25/14
Yes baby I am still using this sunscreen! Just bought my 3rd bottle the other day. Slight white cast but definitly does it's job. On my good or bad skin days I swear by this stuff any time of the year. Protect your skin people, no matter your tone or race

I have oily acne prone skin. I know the sun can age you so I've used sunscreen everyday since 18. I used to use Neutrogena sunscreens but they would make me sooo greasy. So I decided to try this and loved it. Slight fragrance but nothing too strong. This is surely oil-free because it dries matte. However i dont find it to stay matte all day unless im wearing powder. It also has a white cast which does fade within an hour or 2 but for that i just make sure i bronze if im going to work or something. Overall, this is the best sunscreen I've used. Protects my skin, can get oily after 5+ hours but not greasy like the ones from the drugstore I've tried. I use this all year round and its amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very good sunblock. does not make my skin feel greasy at all after putting it on top of a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

One of the best sunblocks I have ever used. this is the only sunblock I used when I was hiking for all day long. And I didn't break out even though I put more and more layer on as the day went on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful daily face sunscreen and makeup primer in one. It doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin. In fact, my skin feels smoother and healthier after using this for a while.

I am fair-skinned, so it does not give me much of a white cast. It helps my mineral powder foundation stay put a little longer, and helps keep my oily forehead matte. I love the convenience of having sun protection and primer all in one.

I would definitely recommend this product for those with sensitive/oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by bluelimelemon

My sister got this from the US since it's not available in Asia (I think the Asia version is the multi defense?), it's very small. Only 30 mL/1fl.oz compared to the perfect UV protector, but then again, this is for face only while the perfect UV is for face&body.

The fact that it doesn't have a PA rating (the newer version) kinda bothers me because I like to know how sunscreen products works to protect my skin from UVA.

The texture is similar to the perfect UV. Very runny and liquid-y. Smells flowery like other Shiseido products. I thought that it would almost be the same with the perfect UV since it has the same texture and smell. But after I applied it on my face, it's little bit different from what I expected.

(Note: this is based on 3 day testing on a part of my face for any allergic reactions)

First of all, it leaves a white cast. I used this for 3 days on my left jaw to test for allergic reactions and the rest of my face with the perfect UV protector and I can actually see the area which I apply this sunscreen! Maybe it's because the zinc oxide level is 12.5% and it reflects a lot of light, making the white cast.

Second, it's very, very drying. The perfect UV is drying at some point if I apply too much my oily skin will be dry and flaky. But this one, if I apply even at a small amount it will be very flaky and dry. I don't know it's only my skin (which is oily but sometimes flaky), or happen to other people.

Third, I experienced a few clogged pores on the testing area, not acne, but little colorless and painless bumps. Nothing major, but I'll admit it makes me a little bit worried to put this on my whole face (especially more sensitive cheek area). Some reviews said it's because of the ethylhexyl palmitate, but I can't say for sure.

What I like it's non greasy and it's easily spread, but for something similar and better performance, I will pick the perfect UV protector. Too bad this one doesn't live to my expectation because I see people raved about this :( maybe because the content is changed (more active ingredients)? so it tends to be more drying and leave a white cast?

Pick this one up if you have pale skin, oily skin, and less sensitive, and I'm sure you'll love this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by seh075

i personally like this one a lot. the white cast doesn't bother me because im pretty pale. it absorbs very fast and leaves a very matte finish. also love the high protection coverage. my face never gets burned when i wear this stuff. price is a bit much but i stock up from sephora when i have a coupon