Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

OCTINOXATE 7.4% Sunscreen OCTOCRYLENE 3.0% Sunscreen ZINC OXIDE 8.6% Sunscreen WATER • DIMETHICONE • ISODODECANE • SD ALpCOHOL 40-B • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER • DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • XYLITOL • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • THIOTAURINE • SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT • PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT • ONONIS SPINOSA ROOT EXTRACT • ECTOIN • LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • DISODIUM EDTA • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BHT • SYZYGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT • TOCOPHEROL • PHENOXYETHANOL • BENZOIC ACID • FRAGRANCE • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE •

on 11/24/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The BEST! This is a physical not chemical broad spectrum sunblock, active ingredients are titanium and zinc oxide. Supposedly physical ss are better as they don't oxidize and release free radicals into your skin as chemical sunscreens such as avobenzene are notorious for

I have tried many similar facial sunscreens. I tried Japan's #1 best selling milky liquid face sunscreen, the biore whitening one, all were disappointing compared to shisedio's.

It is liquidy, dries to a dry matte finish, and has VERY MINIMAL "whitish cast" which I despise in physical sunscreens but seems to be avoidable with the higher SPFs. this product has a very light and pleasant scent. Not really a fan of the oblong packaging. The container has a small nozzle tip that is easy to use.

It is pricey. One bottle lasts me on average 4-5 months. So it is worth it to me. A definite must in my skin care regimen.

on 9/9/2013 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

By far the best sunscreen I've ever used. This sunscreen helps my face get less oily during the day and doesn't make my face look pale or white which a lot of other sunscreens make me look. This sunscreen also makes a great primer. I hate how expensive it is but honestly worth it so I will keep buying it

on 9/5/2013 2:49:00 PM

I love this product! This is my HG sunscreen. It goes on smooth and dries nicely to a matte finish. This also has great oil control and does not clog my face. I reapply throughout the day as needed and does not leave me with white cast.

on 8/16/2013 3:53:00 AM

I know that it says for face only, but I was wondering if I can use it on arms and necks etc? If I'm spending $30 I'd rather but one.

on 8/15/2013 5:56:00 PM

Love love love this sunblock. I use it everyday under makeup. It has a non oily finish which is so important for summer time. I would even dare to say this sunblock mattifies my skin after moisturizer. It's just an amazing product. Light and fragrance free. Took it with me to the Caribbean and it kept my face matte and makeup in place. A small bottle like this lasts for about 3 months with daily application. This is my HG sunscreen!

on 8/15/2013 3:16:00 AM

This review is for Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector in Shade #3. I read reviews on the Sephora web site before purchasing this. I was looking for something lightweight and sheer but with a glow of some kind. I had been using Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel in Radiant and while I do like it a lot it was lacking in the healthy glow aspect and the shade needed deepening with a darker powder (BM Faux Tan) to suit my slightly tanned face.
Upon using the Shieseido the first time I was so impressed by the luminosity and brighteining aspect of this foundation/tinted creme. It sets to a non sticky finish and doesn't need powder. It isn't silicone based like Perfekt is, and gives a more natural, clean, dewey glow. It transforms your skin from blah to yah. Really amazing product. I will be using this from now on. The price is cheaper than the Perfect ($60.00), Shiesdo ($30.00).
This comes in three shades. The darkest shade really isn't that dark. It is a forgiving color and can be used on a variety of skin tones. I add a little dusting of Laura Mercier Loose Mineral powder in Rich Vanilla just because I love that powder and I am used to setting everything a little bit even if it isn't nessessary. I top that with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and Bobbie Brown Pale Pink blush mixed with Tartes Natural Beauty blush (strawberry/red). The result is perfection. LOVE

on 8/11/2013 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Update 1/25/14
Yes baby I am still using this sunscreen! Just bought my 3rd bottle the other day. Slight white cast but definitly does it's job. On my good or bad skin days I swear by this stuff any time of the year. Protect your skin people, no matter your tone or race

I have oily acne prone skin. I know the sun can age you so I've used sunscreen everyday since 18. I used to use Neutrogena sunscreens but they would make me sooo greasy. So I decided to try this and loved it. Slight fragrance but nothing too strong. This is surely oil-free because it dries matte. However i dont find it to stay matte all day unless im wearing powder. It also has a white cast which does fade within an hour or 2 but for that i just make sure i bronze if im going to work or something. Overall, this is the best sunscreen I've used. Protects my skin, can get oily after 5+ hours but not greasy like the ones from the drugstore I've tried. I use this all year round and its amazing

on 7/23/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

very good sunblock. does not make my skin feel greasy at all after putting it on top of a moisturizer.

on 7/21/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best sunblocks I have ever used. this is the only sunblock I used when I was hiking for all day long. And I didn't break out even though I put more and more layer on as the day went on.

on 7/21/2013 10:56:00 AM

This is a wonderful daily face sunscreen and makeup primer in one. It doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin. In fact, my skin feels smoother and healthier after using this for a while.

I am fair-skinned, so it does not give me much of a white cast. It helps my mineral powder foundation stay put a little longer, and helps keep my oily forehead matte. I love the convenience of having sun protection and primer all in one.

I would definitely recommend this product for those with sensitive/oily skin.

Top Rated Shiseido Products