E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 5/29/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A lot of people don't like this product so I was really skeptical to purchase it, but since it was only $3 I thought I might as well try.
I will agree that it is pretty tough against the lips, that I had to get used to. But for someone with as dry as lips as me, it was such a nice feeling to scrape away all of that gross skin! I've used this everyday for the past couple days and already I see a huge difference in the softness of my lips. They're a lot softer and not NEARLY as dry and chapped as they used to be! It tastes and smells great too! This works so well I'm surprised it doesn't cost more. It's worth a shot!

on 5/8/2015 12:02:00 PM

This used to be my favorite product because it worked fine for the cost and was so easy to apply. Now with a change in formula it tastes horrid. I legitimately thought I had purchased an expired product at first. It now feels unsafe to put on the lips.

on 4/28/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

FANTASTIC lip exfoliator for only a dollar. I put it on in the mornings, do the rest of my makeup, then wipe this off and put on lipstick or lipstain. Even when I use otherwise drying formulas, the color goes on smoothly and without drying out my lips. Will definitely buy again -- much more convenient than making my own sugar scrub at home.

on 4/24/2015 7:36:00 PM

This used to be such a great product. I don't know what happened or why it was changed, but its terrible now. I used to love it because it was smooth, but still could feel slight exfoliation. After wiping it off, my lips were so soft! Now it feels like scraping sandpaper across my lips. Again, it never used to be this rough and just plain painful. I wouldn't spend a penny on this now.

on 4/18/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The only complaint that I have, and perhaps I am not using it right, is when I applied it to my lips directly from the tube, when first opened, It was just like putting on a lip balm. Then I took a sterilized needle, and poked a little hole in it. Once I did that,The brown sugar substance came out. Once I ran that across my lips and massaged it in, my lips were beautifully exfoliated.

on 4/10/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I USED to love this product. They must have changed the formula because what used to be a nice brown sugar taste now tastes like I'm smearing perfume on my lips. It's terrible now. I bought two recently thinking maybe I got a bad one but the last two have been the same. So disappointed because I loved how my lips felt afterwards :(

on 4/7/2015 7:13:00 PM

Such an unnecessary product. With some sugar+honey/olive oil and/or an wet washcloth you will get the job done! This won't! It's just to abrasive, messy and unhygienic. I really like the packaging though, sleek and sturdy. But overall - waste of space!

The problem with Elf is that sometimes it seems like the cheap prices overshadows the products their practical value. B/c you're like - Hey it's only 3 dollars, what can you expect? Great for the price! Yada yada... Also, in Sweden we have a saying: Many puddles creates a river. (Små bäckar stora.)

on 4/7/2015 1:20:00 PM

This is okayyyy. I like that it's in bullet form and $3. It does its job pretty well, and the balm left behind after exfoliating is very moisturizing. After a short while though, more of the balm than the sugar wears away and you're stuck with a super rough gritty texture that kind of hurts. You don't want to scrape away your lips! I have to waste a bunch of product scraping away the top layer to prevent this. It tastes good, like straight up sugar, sometimes I wonder if I should put the calories into MyFitnessPal lmao.

It makes me reminisce fondly about the old Body Shop lipscuff. #highschool

on 4/7/2015 1:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the taste and the way the moisturizing balm makes my lips feel. It worked well the first few times I used it. After a week or so, the balm wore away, leaving only exfoliating crumbs on the surface. I might cut the top off to get to more of the balm.

on 4/1/2015 6:30:00 PM

I heard many good things about this and when I spotted it in London Drugs (Canada, since they're phasing out Target) I had to try it. I love that it's in a lipstick tube form like everyone else here. It's not messy like other types of exfoliants and for $4, it's dang effective.

I have been using this every other day overnight, and before applying matte lip products. It made my lips softer and maybe it's the other lip balm I've been using but I've noticed that the lines on my lips have softened.

A must have :)