E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

4.5

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 4/10/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I USED to love this product. They must have changed the formula because what used to be a nice brown sugar taste now tastes like I'm smearing perfume on my lips. It's terrible now. I bought two recently thinking maybe I got a bad one but the last two have been the same. So disappointed because I loved how my lips felt afterwards :(

on 4/7/2015 7:13:00 PM

Such an unnecessary product. With some sugar+honey/olive oil and/or an wet washcloth you will get the job done! This won't! It's just to abrasive, messy and unhygienic. I really like the packaging though, sleek and sturdy. But overall - waste of space!

The problem with Elf is that sometimes it seems like the cheap prices overshadows the products their practical value. B/c you're like - Hey it's only 3 dollars, what can you expect? Great for the price! Yada yada... Also, in Sweden we have a saying: Many puddles creates a river. (Små bäckar stora.)

on 4/7/2015 1:20:00 PM

This is okayyyy. I like that it's in bullet form and $3. It does its job pretty well, and the balm left behind after exfoliating is very moisturizing. After a short while though, more of the balm than the sugar wears away and you're stuck with a super rough gritty texture that kind of hurts. You don't want to scrape away your lips! I have to waste a bunch of product scraping away the top layer to prevent this. It tastes good, like straight up sugar, sometimes I wonder if I should put the calories into MyFitnessPal lmao.

It makes me reminisce fondly about the old Body Shop lipscuff. #highschool

on 4/7/2015 1:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the taste and the way the moisturizing balm makes my lips feel. It worked well the first few times I used it. After a week or so, the balm wore away, leaving only exfoliating crumbs on the surface. I might cut the top off to get to more of the balm.

on 4/1/2015 6:30:00 PM

I heard many good things about this and when I spotted it in London Drugs (Canada, since they're phasing out Target) I had to try it. I love that it's in a lipstick tube form like everyone else here. It's not messy like other types of exfoliants and for $4, it's dang effective.

I have been using this every other day overnight, and before applying matte lip products. It made my lips softer and maybe it's the other lip balm I've been using but I've noticed that the lines on my lips have softened.

A must have :)

on 3/31/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A true bargain! I often use lipsticks so my already dry lips tend to get flaky. Studio Lip Exfoliator exfoliated my lips effectively, but didn't irritate them. The recommendation is to wipe out the product with a cotton pad, but I find that you can do it just with your fingers and warm water. Afterwards, my lips feel moisturized and even.

For the price, I think the packaging is pretty nice, reminds me a bit of NARS. I really like the scent of the treatment and it tastes like vanilla. E.L.F products have some misses, but this is a quality product. Way better than a similar lip treatment from Body Shop, and most importantly, for half the price!

on 3/30/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is amazing for the price! does a great job of exfoliating my lips and the format it's in, the lipstick-y tube, is way easier than getting my fingers gross. while using it i noticed it was kind of oily/moisturizing on my lips, too, and i looked up the ingredients and it's avocado oil, which is pretty neat!

on 3/28/2015 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this okay but I don't use this as intended. I depot it and use it warmed up with my fingers (yeah, gross). The bullet was draggy and hard and irritated my lips more. Also I don't use it more than once per week because I fear over irritating my already sensitive lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

It's par for the course my lips get dry during winter, but this past winter noticed my lips needed exfoliating.

Thank you MUA members for leading me in the right direction ~ E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator. Couldn't have asked for a better lip exfoliator, and for only $3.00, what a bargain.

I like that it's made into the form of a lipstick and packaged in a tube. The product itself has a tendency to dry out, but I simply scrap off the top dry layer, and it's good to go. The gourmand vanilla/cupcake scent is pleasant, and while it doesn't taste like a cupcake :) it tastes sweet. No need to worry about a bitter or foul taste. Mentioned taste because there's no way one can use a lip exfoliator and not end up tasting it after using the product. The texture of lip exfoliator isn't what I would label gentle, but didn't need to use it daily, so no problem with irritation. Now that it's spring probably won't need to use it more than once a month, if at all, but glad I have it on standby.

Recommend this to anyone interested in buying a lip exfoliator.

on 3/21/2015 8:20:00 PM

I really love this stuff. My lips are constantly dry and chapped and I was desperate for something to exfoliate them. I tried making my own with a Pinterest recipe, which was pretty much a fail. I'd heard some mixed reviews on it, but my lips begged for me to try it.

There is something about the packaging that I really like. It reminds me of a more high end product, and I just like the feel of it in my hand.

The product starts out looking like a lipstick and I think it's basically like brown sugar in a lip balm. I suspect brown sugar because that's what it smells like, and it smells amazing. I mean, really amazing. Once you use it up enough, the stick is more sugar than balm...actually it's kind of all sugar, and it gets a little rough. I think that's why some people don't like it, but it's just what my lips need. That roughness helps get off those little dry dead skin spots that drive me nuts.

I use this so much that I'm going to have to buy another one soon, and for $3 you'd better believe I'll repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments