Skin79 Snail Nutrition BB Cream SPF45 PA++

3.7

snail secretion filtrate, titanium dioxide, phenyl trimethicone, zinc oxide, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, orbignya oleifera seed oil, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1dimethicone, butylene glycol, arbutin, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, magnesium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, calcium stearate, quaternium-18 bentonite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, water, adenosine, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, linaria japonica extract, anthemis nobilis flower water, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, centella asiatica extract, copper tripeptide-1, betula platyphylla japonica juice, beta-glucan, portulaca oleracea extract, imperata cylindrica root extract, sodium hyaluronate, glycine soja (soybean) sprout extract, magnolia kobus bark extract, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract, malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, primula veris extract, achillea millefolium extract, alchemila veronica officnalis extract, disodium EDTA, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, 1, 2-hexanediol, fragrance, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 2/18/2013 11:18:00 PM

I received a sample of this formula after ordering Skin79's Gold & Pink BB creams. Out of all three, I liked this one the LEAST. Here's why:

(-) Greasy after 4 hours.
(-) Lighter than the Gold line. I am NC25-30 and I had a "white cast" even after a few hours. I would say this is for NC15-20.
(-) Broke me out the next day. I received tiny little red zits within 24 hours and my skin has been great in the last 5 months and I know this because I only try (1) new product at a time.

In conclusion, this is not for anyone who is acne-prone, combo/oily skin, and has a darker skin range than NC25-30 (MAC Standard).

on 1/29/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this product gave me tiny pimples, has a weird toilet-like smell, the coverage was light, but its a good moisturizer and sunblock since the spf is high, but since my skin is quite oily, it makes me feel greasy. i also look very pale(my face&necklooks different from the rest of my body skin tone) when i take pictures. it was worth trying, but i wont buy again.

on 12/15/2012 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a pretty good bb cream. For ref i am an NC35-40, I have moderate acne scarring and i have extremely oily skin and I live in tropical climate.

Texture: I find that the texture is smooth and creamy but a lil runnier compared to the Gold or Pink Label.Spreads amazingly well and blends like a dream.

Shade: I feel that this is perhaps the lightest of all Skin79 range and has quite a prominent pink undertone to it. I think this would suit NC15-25/NW15-20 best, if worn alone. Its pretty light IMO, deeper skin ladies can still pull this off, but it must be used very minimally or else it would give the dreaded cement-mask face.This does oxidize slightly after application to match NC25/NW20 well, but does not oxidize anymore after this initial oxidation. I feel that those with very fair complexions and pink undertone would like this very much. I feel on me its quite pasty but since i mix it with my darker foundation, its not a problem.

Coverage: Since the consistency is light, i'm amazed that this gives a true medium coverage. If layered, you can achieve a full cover look with this. It evens the skin tone and covers redness pretty well and covers my acne hyperpigmentations pretty good too. Layers well without caking.

Fragrance: This has an awful smell, very masculine, it almost smells like a guy's sweat, but a sweet-smelling sweat, you know when a guy wear cologne and the smell mixes with his own sweat...it sounds gross, bcuz it is, but after application like maybe 5 to 10 minutes later, the smell is mostly gone....

Longevity: I have worn this alone underneath with some dark powder and managed to look ok with it, but i mix this with my UD Naked Skin 7.0 foundation that was a shade and a half darker than my skin tone, and the two works well together and stay put all day. When worn alone, this stays well throughout the day, around 8 hours wear, considering my skin type and the heat i battle daily.Feels slighly hydrating but not overly so, so i caution those with extremely dry skin to wear a good moisturizer underneath. I blot less with this bb than any other, I only need to blot twice with this considering i am so oily (when worn alone), when mixed with UD Naked Skin, i only need to blot once.

Reaction: I feel like i'm developing milia around my eye area due to this, i'm not certain yet, will have to continue to use it to be certain, but for now i will avoid using it anywhere near my eyes.

Brightening Benefits: After using this for two weeks, i have noticed quite a huge improvements in the first week alone on my hyperpigmentations, most have already faded away, amazing...but it does nothing for hydration, i dont feel like the texture of my skin has improved or gotten softer like I experienced with BRTC/ Missha BB Cream, nor does my acne heal faster like the BRTC and Missha. Those looking for something hydrating, i'd recommend BRTC and Missha, and if you are looking to lighten those hyperpigmentations, this actually work.

Price/Container: Comes in pump/can container and price is pretty reasonable too, I got this for USD15...

Overall a pretty decent bb cream, i feel that this suits someone with very fair skin with pink undertone who has combination/oily skin....Drier complexions may need to use a good moisturizer underneath.

on 12/10/2012 7:13:00 PM

I love this product! Probably the best Skin79 product I've ever bought. It provides perfect moisture to my face. It has medium coverage and buildable(which is all i need). And it controls my oil so well throughout the day. I definitely recommend this product if you have normal to oily skin type. I have normal. I recommend starting out with a thin layer and building on problem spots to achieve better coverage. This is going to be my HG list. I don't know how much the snail cream portion is going to benefit my face. But I have tried snail cream products and I find it very beneficial for my skin. I don't have acne so it is hard to tell how big of a difference this will be. I will update my review if I see skin improvement. Highly recommend this!

on 10/23/2012 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, I think this is a nice BB cream, but I am not sure I will purchase it again. It is only appropriate for very fair skin--it has a greyish-pink cast. I think it would look mask-like on darker skin tones. It provides medium coverage and goes on smoothly, leaving a dewy finish. I set it with translucent powder, to provide longer wear.

I do like the high SPF rating and the fact that it contains arbutin, which helps to even out skin tone. I'm not sure the snail filtrate is of definite benefit to the skin, but to be honest, I'm willing to try anything! I also use Mizon's Snail Recovery Gel.

My main problem with it, is that it seems to emphasize the fine lines around my eyes, and that's what keeps me from giving it five stars. I prefer Skin79's Super+ BB Cream Pink Label. That seems to have a slightly more natural color and doesn't emphasize lines.

on 10/13/2012 7:15:00 PM

I am not a fan of the smell and I must admit that it may have broke me out, but still, I totally love this BB cream!
When I put it with my bioderma pore refiner (which gives you a very matte finish), I can have this purely flawless skin for like..hours! (at least 8)! It is just crazy for me, because normally, my skin tends to get oily with bb creams after just like...3 hours!
I has a good coverage and it really helped make my skin brighter!
Love this product!

on 10/10/2012 5:29:00 AM

I've given this BB cream a low rating not because I think it's a bad BB cream per se (it feels very nice!), but because it didn't work for me in terms of coverage and colour.
I didn't purchase the full size, I got a mini 5ml sample in store, but it was enough to know that it was not for me...

PROS:
- really nice texture, glides on easily
- light on the skin
- feels moisturising

CONS:
- too light of a coverage. I have light-medium acne scarring (discoloration), but even with carefully applied two layers on problem areas, the discoloration is still obvious. Compared to say Lioele's Triple The Solution or Missha's Perfect Cover BB creams (which in my book are medium-high coverage) this SKIN79 BB cream is of light coverage.
- too pale, greyish of a colour. BB creams tend to be on the pale and grey side, but for me this BB cream is even more so than the average BB cream.

In my opinion, if you have nice skin (don't need a lot of coverage) and are pale, this would be a very nice BB cream!

:))

I am somewhat new to BB creams. This is only the second one I've tried, the first being Etude House BB magic cream for dry skin. I've been using that one all summer and really liked it, but was ready to branch out an try something new.

I bought the Skin79 Snail nutrition BB during a late nght BB buying/sampling spree on Amazon, this one just happened to be the first to show up.

First off, I really like the packaging. The little gold and white pump is nice and hygienic, and I like that it can stand up on my dresser, unlike the Etude House one. Also, the pump dispenses exactly enough product for me to cover my entire face, which is nice.

The consistency of this is really smooth and creamy, probably due to the several different silicones in it. This gives it a sort of skin protecting quality, and a really nice feel on the skin, much like silicon based primers.

The coverage of this cream is also really good. I don't have any acne to cover, but I have sensitive skin with some reddish patches on the cheeks. I used to use a MAC liquid concealer to cover this, but after using the BB creams, the MAC looks cakey, fake, and too opaque. The BB creams (this one and the Etude House) give enough coverage to diffuse the redness, but are still see through enough that I don't feel too made up looking, especially in the summer.

The color of this snail cream is a little odd, but I like it. I think the high concentration of titanium dioxide gives it that greyish cast, and whatever they use to correct that is slightly pink. I will be curious to see how the colors of the other samples I got compare. For now, I'm ok with the color of this because of its transparency and blendibility. I'm not sure I would trust this if I was being photographed with flash though. I'd be worried about looking like a flashbulb because of all the titanium dioxide.

I have not used this on it's own for sun protection. I use Cerave AM under it, mainly because I'm not sure how much of the BB cream I would need to use to get proper sun protection, but I have a feeling it would be more than I want to put on my face. I do like the added protection, though.

This product does have a strong smell, but I'm not sensitive to that sort of thing, and I don't even notice it once it's on my face. Others might, though. This stays on very well, and coverage remains adequate through a 12 hour shift, and is even better when I top it off with coastal scents silicone spheres powder.

All in all, I think this is a great product, and for the money ($25 I think) it easily surpasses all the fake high end "BB" creams in sephora by the big US brands. I would definitely buy again.

on 9/7/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like this BB cream best. I love the high spf. I love that it's much more moisturising. I also find that a tiny bit goes a lot further than other BB's. I still find that it's settling in my pores and caking. I have found this to be a problem with all BB's I've tried. Might have to go back to tinted moisturisers.

EDIT: Have come to conclusion that BB creams are just not for me.

on 7/25/2012 2:40:00 PM

I like this one!
I am also a fan of the hot pink and gold ones, but I had to try the newer ones when they came out because I'm a makeup junkie.
The vital orange one is very thick and has a more yellowish tint. It didn't look at all natural on me when applied all over, but was fantastic for spotting on acne scars.
The snail one is by far the best though. It applies smoothly without any drag (and no primer) and maintains an elastic type feel all day. I don't have many problems with oilies so I can't comment on that, but it appears to last and look natural! The color is a little more pink than the others, but that's fine for me because I am white as can be. I also like that this is not using an oil as one of its main ingredients (even if it is using snail slime instead) because even though the others didn't break me out, I did notice clogged pores if I wore it for too long.