Dior Hydra Life BB Creme

3.6

Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.75%, Titanium Dioxide 3.55%, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone -3) 1.00% Other: Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Methyltrimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon 6/12, Alcohol, Iron Oxides, Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides, BHT, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citronellol, Limonene

on 8/22/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This would be such a good bb cream if i bought the right shade for me. I bought the shade which is really orangey by a mistake thanks to weird lightning in the store.When i got home, i was like "How could i be so silly!" Cuz you know, its a dior product!! Coverage is awesome! Product itself is very thin that you might think "Omg how this formula can cover up my face!" But it can, girlfriend. It has a strange scent which is not bad but not good either. I loove the packaging!! If i got its right shade i would give it 5!! Anyways i might buy it again with selecting the right shade this time

on 8/1/2013 12:32:00 PM

I received a sample of Dior's Hydralife BB Cream at Sephora and was super excited to try it out. This was when the BB hype had really begun and I had been itching to try some so that I could know whether I wanted to invest in a full sized product.

Pros:
-Great, velvety texture
-Moisturizing
-Great coverage that isn't too heavy or opaque; flaws were still camouflaged though

Cons:
-Very few shades to choose from. When I received my sample Dior was currently only carrying one shade that was supposed to blend into any skin shade. Nope! I don't even consider myself pale and it still made my skin muddy and orange. *Dior has since added 2 more shades, but that still means that there are only 3 shades for all skin tones.
-The price is just crazy. I don't mind paying more for a truly great product, but there are so many other BB creams that are better that cost less.

It's not that it's a terrible product, but when you compare it to other BB creams on the market (Bobbi Brown, MAC, Stila, Smashbox) it just doesn't bode so well.

on 7/10/2013 7:17:00 PM

I went to Sephora to buy Urban Decay eyeshadow and was given a sample of this delectable little treat for the skin. I have never tried a BB Creme before now. I have medium/fair skin tone so the Golden Peach works best for me. I loved it so much I will be going back this week to purchase a tube of this BB Creme. Yes, it cost $56 but it is so worth it. It works well in the hot humid summers of good ole North Carolina. It has no smell that I can detect, the texture is divine, lightweight and it really covers without looking like you have on makeup. I have oily skin and even this does not make my oil skin worse. Though, I admit it might be because I do use a primer before using the BB Creme. Regardless, I highly, highly recommend this stuff. Splurge ladies...you only have one face might as well treat it well. THANK YOU CHRISTIAN DIOR!

on 7/9/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best BB cream on the market as far as I'm concerned. Improves skin, and covers leaving a natural complexion... This is my second summer with it and I've yet to burn, thanks to the high SPF!

on 6/6/2013 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Love , love, love it!!! I love the pump tube and the high value sunscreen. It gives me a faint cover I love for every day or evening. I am at an age where less is more. This BB gives my skin a nice finish that doesn't pill and doesn't sink into lines on my face . It is a grownup girls BB cream. I am on my second tube. 1 and 1/2 pumps gives me plenty of coverage so it does last longer that you would think. Bravo Dior!

on 5/3/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have not tried any other BB Cremes but my face is very particular when it comes to foundations, tinted moisturizers and bb creams. I have very dry skin so most products would emphasize my dry areas. I use Nivea creme to moisturize every morning and night and my skin still gets dry patchy areas.

I've used Nars Tinted Moisturizer and that broke me out and made my skin extremely dry. Wanted to find something new, I found this product at Sephora, I've been using it for about 2 weeks and it's amazing! There is a fragrant scent to the bb creme but it fades away after application. It's extremely moisturizing - doesn't pick up any dry patches and matches my skin tone really well! I'm in between a NC25/NC30 for reference. This also had better coverage than Nars and hasn't broken me out! The only complaint is the price - I've never paid $56 for a face product before. I'd repurchase if I don't find anything comparable or better.

Update: It leans more orange.. I've stopped using.

on 4/16/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a high end western BB cream with a higher coverage than most western BB creams. There is only one shade, and unlike Asian BB creams, the shade is much darker and somewhat orange tint. I do find the BB cream to oxide quiet a bit.

I purchased this about two weeks ago and I have come to the conclusion that I cannot make it work for my skin. Although, I love the coverage that it gives, it is too dark for my skin. On my medium-fair skin, it makes it look like I have a bad tan.

I do like the packaging of the product though. It is sanitary and portable. The pump gives out a small amount, so I need about two pumps for my face. I also like that this product does not have a scent, or at least to me.

The other downside of this product to me is the lasting power. I find this transfers onto clothes easily and also turns oily in about an hour, even on my combination skin. Now that it is getting warmer, it melts somewhat, and nothing is worse then a melty orange face. I have tried many different primers and powders with this, and yet it still won't last.

As for application, I find a flat top kabuki works best for me. I've tried my fingers, a stippling brush, and a beauty blender, but they don't work as well.

Honestly, when I first apply this, its gorgeous. I look flawless. I would suggest this to someone with drier skin and a medium skin tone and yellow undertones.

on 4/13/2013 6:37:00 AM

I love this and I love everything about this!! I got it as a sample when I went to Sephora, I told the girl I was interested in trying out some BB Creams and this was one of the samples I got. As soon as I tried it I fell in love! For me, it had great coverage and it makes my skin so soft, it does give off a nice dewy finish and Im not gonna lie I LOVE the scent. Asides from everything else I liked about it after I washed it off from the first day of wearing it my skin stayed soft!!! I have no complaints and no regrets about this product and its worth every cent :)

on 4/7/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My mom stole this from me :( lol I showed her this product because I wanted to complain about it giving me a yellow tone, and she tested it on her skin, and kind of never returned it and thanked me so much for it.... so yeah, it's hers now, I guess. :P

The texture is creamy, slightly liquid, very easy to blend. I don't detect any smell (though I mostly never do), and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The packaging is a plastic tube with a pump, so clever and practical! Great for travel, great for controlling how much product you're using, and it keeps it clean. Alas, my only concern is the color. My skin is warm and I thought this would look alright, but this looks too yellow on me! I make it work with some powder and contouring, but on its own it looks wrong. A shame, since I wanted a bb cream for wearing on its own when I didn't feel like doing my makeup, and I haven't found a tinted moisturizer I like... Then again, my mom has the type of skin that looks as if she's blushing all the time, and this looks perfect on her. It gives her enough coverage to even out her skin tone, but not enough coverage to feel heavy or "makeupy" (she hates wearing foundation)

So, I'll give it 4 lippies because it's a GREAT product, but they should come up with more than one shade :( It's so unfair...

on 4/1/2013 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm lucky that this BB Cream suits my skin color perfectly. It delivers an amazing coverage for a BB Cream and has a good SPF protection. The finish is very dewy so depending on your skin type you may need to powder.

I think this is mostly for normal to dry types. This doesn't provide oil control at all, which is okay because the specifications never said it controls oils. Is very moisturizing so I get oily very quick and need to blot at least once each hour. The good thing is that this is so pigmented that I don't need to reapply no matter how many times I blot.

To be honest, this has helped me a lot with my skin, I believe the skin care products it contains have made a huge difference. I tend to get compliments when I wear this, no matter if I'm oily my skin looks amazing. My only complaint is that it sets on my very large pores. My nose needs coverage because I have redness on the sides, however I must need the thinnest layer of this because it sets in my pores and looks horrid. That's why I'm on the fence with this product. Is too expensive and it sets on my pores. L'Oreal Magique BB Cream doesn't set on my pores and is way cheaper but it lacks the skin care this Dior BB Cream delivers.

I may be tempted to buy it again.