Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Okay, Ladies. I really thought I had found an answer to the evil "big glass jar" packaging. Now I'm not so sure. I found travel "squeeze" containers made out of frosted rubbery plastic that claim to be safe for airline travel (no leaks). The smallest was 1.25 ounces ( I think the evil jar is .9 ounces). I checked to make sure that if I put my whipped creme foundation in it, and I started to run out, I could easily remove the entire cap (which has a small "valve" opening to dispense the contents and a flip down lid over that) and insert a spatula or finger in there and get all the remaining goodness out. Also, this travel container stands upright and upside down as well so the thickness of the base would be helped along by having it settle directly on the on the "valve" opening. I enjoyed the squeezable texture and looked forward to using it. The next morning, I raced to my makeup table to have some fun. Uhmmm...the mu is too thick. I thought if I squeezed the container firmly it would budge. It no budge. So I removed the cap and it still worked better than the evil jar because, having rested on its cap overnight, the mu filled the opening and I didn't have to probe down into the container to get it. So it was both spatula and finger friendly and I still got to play with the squeezable bottle. I have another bottle I am going to try the next time, it dispenses differently and maybe that one will work.
Now, on to the mu.
Holy Grail.
I am a weird color so I have basically tried everything and wasted alot of money. Boy, I really wasted money when I let the SA pick the color! In Colorstay liquid, Buff is too yellow and Ivory is too pink and too pale. In Wet and WIld's wonderful foundation, Fair is too light and ...beige/peach and the next one darker is too...dark. In Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I wear Desert Beige but it's not my color really.
I am "cool" yellow. By that I mean I am lemon yellow (cool green tinge) instead of sunny yellow. If I wear standard foundations I look jaundiced. I believe my complection is "pastel" and by that I mean, even if I find the right color, it would naturally be too intense for my (same) color. I could dilute it with something but I need the coverage. I don't know what the diluting color in my actual skin is but I suspect it includes a shade of brown. But not just any brown because I can't wear straight brown eye shadow and beautiful brown contouring/bronzer/lipstick products. I wonder if this means I have some lovely exotic genes way back in my heritage. If true, I wish it informed more than just my impossible to find foundation! I'd love an exotic facial feature or two!
I have broken caps and age spots so people are always "helpfully" trying to get me to wear makeup that matches my broken capillaries/age spots, even if it means the makeup suggestion makes everything above my jaw much darker and differently colored than everything below it.
For my own purposes, I believe I look better with my neck/body matching so all I need to do is find a teal yellow foundation with some kind of plum-purple undertones! (I keep finding that I can wear brown or grey if they have a purple-plum tone. I kept trying to wear the lovely browns and bronzers that look so neutral on others, kept sighing that I wish I could find neutrals that look good on me and then one day, I realized plum-purple browns ARE my neutrals.) Another coloring comment, when I wear Jordanan's lipstick "Blackberry" people interupt me to tell me I should always wear that lipstick (at $1.29, I've stocked up!).
Pink toned foundation, especially if it's warm toned, looks 7 levels of disgusting on me. So, neutral foundations are my best bet. The only time I foundation that I couldn't detect (colorwise) when I put it on, was Graftobian's Fair Maiden.
In Revlon's Whipped Creme, I wear Buff - I'm around N17 if Mac had a neutral I could wear. It's very nice but not perfect match, I can blur the difference with powder.
It does go on smoothly, cover my caps and sun damage, lasts all day, looks better as it sets. I just wore it today with Hard Candy's long lasting primer and it looked great! (made my skin smoother). Takes a little more attention when removing it at the end of the day but I don't have to scrub, I just have to use a toner to catch traces.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so happy I bought this. The colorstay liquid foundation is too heavy, difficult to take off, and difficult to apply for me--this is different and I like it better. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and large pores. If you're going for full coverage apply it with your fingers, buffing or stipple brush...but I like it best with a beauty blender or damp sponge. It gives a good amount a coverage and very natural finish. I applied the coty powder afterwards and it was a disaster...caused cake face and emphasized my pores. Now I just do the lightest possible application of powder over the oiliest parts of my face and all is good.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What a good find! I saw this on sale and had to have it since my other foundations were running out and I needed to try something different. My skin is oily and sensitive, but can get some dry patches around my nose and mouth. This will help a bit but I recommend prepping and moisturizing skin first. It does leave my skin looking like skin and doesn't crease on me. No color change either which is nice. It has a creamy, fluffy texture and blends very well into my skin. I am really liking this for winter and will have to see how it fares during warmer months. So far, I am happy with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation since I started wearing makeup and I can happily say it's definitely one of my favorites. Skin is moderately oily, especially around my t-zone so I set it with almay's smart shade loose powder. Other than that, this foundation drys matter and does a good job of keeping my face moisturized :)

First is Like to say everyone is different. Since turning 40, my skin has changed. I have dry patches, need medium coverage. Everything I tried looked cakey or dried my skin terribly. For,ME this foundation was a life and money saver. A little goes a long way. I do use Kiehl's Ultra Moisturiser first then Nivea Aftershave for Sensitive Skin as a primer. These 2 products help immensely. Like I said, everyone's different. Buy it from CVS or Walgreens where you can return if you don't like it.

So I bought this for my valedictory dinner, thinking at $35AUS it would be a quality foundation.
Boy was I wrong.
It made me skin feel like an oil slick. Just so shiny and oily. I don't even have oily skin and in Summer at worst I break out a little but this just made my skin look and feel disgusting.
Plus it's so thick, its almost gelatinous. Difficult to blend too.
When I accidentally dropped the jar from a table less than a metre off the ground onto carpet the lid shattered too. Pretty flimsy packaging.
There are so many better foundations than this one. Plus Revlon test their products on animals so this was just an all round mistake.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I just purchased a few week ago, and I definitely like this so much. I do not have many creme foundation that I like particularly, but this one is one of my must-recommend product, I like the texture and it doesn't dry my skin out. If you're reading this review, don't hesitate, go to the store and pick this up!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this is one of the best drug store foundations available. It makes my skin flawless and beautiful.

I have dry skin, especially when it gets colder out, not so much from the cold, but from all the heat they send up in my building. Gotta love old NYC apartments!

Anyway, I didn't think I was going to like this foundation at all as I had tried other whipped/cream foundations from drug store and high end and I hated the way they felt on my skin or they would stick to every dry patch I had on my skin.

A few months ago I was in a bridal party and the makeup artist was using this foundation on nearly everyone. When she got to me, I told her I had very dry skin and wasn't sure if that foundation was going to work for me. She told me it works for everyone that she has tried it on, but she would do a test area on my cheek near my nose, which is one of my major dry spots. I was amazed looked great. The foundation lasted all day on a warm September Saturday and photographed beautifully. I didn't have to touch up at all and the brides maids who had oily skin had to do very minimal touch ups including the bride.

After that I decided to purchase.

Now that I'm nearing the end of my first container I will say as you start to get low it does dry out a bit. I think there is a definite shelf life on this product of around 2 months. Also, I use a small plastic spatula to scoop out product so I don't get bacteria in it.

It has a very natural finish and you can find it on sale fairly often. A few weeks ago Rite Aid had 40% off all Revlon so picked up a new one and a few back ups.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

awww-I was super sad this didn't work out. I've been looking for an affordable alternative for my MUFE Mat Velvet and I read good reviews here. I found that it was VERY heavy, and it made me look older. This felt like theatrical makeup to me. It really stuc to dry patches and I normally prepare for this by exfoliating and moisturizing since I always wear full coverage but I think the creme formula was just too gloppy for me. I like the versatility of liquid foubdTion and the "lift" I feel like it gives my skin-this just sat on top of my skin instead of blending in.

There's a silver lining, however! I took this back and exchanged it for the regular Colorstay liquid formula do oily skin and I really like it! So it was worth it in the long run but I was super disappointed-even though it came in a gross had I really loved the package and it really felt silky going on.

You're far better off spending money on LOreal Infallible or the liquid Colorstay of you have oily or combination skin. I also found that even though this is SO THICK, it didn't really blend away imperfections. It sat on top of them and make my skin look tired, flaky, and old. Yuck! Such a bummer because u had read awesome reviews and literally ran to my vanity this a.m. To wear it to my daughters birthday party. I felt really self conscious the whole time! I don't want to worry about what my foundation is doing-I want to put it on and go.