September 18, 2014 | 1054 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pur Minerals - 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by pk31

I absolutely LOVE this product. It goes on almost like more of a medium coverage foundation, and stays put all day. I prefer to dust some of my 4-in-1 compact over this because it helps tone down the mica (the sparkle people are talking about in some of the other reviews), while still leaving the appearance of more radiant skin. A little goes a LONG way with this product, so it's a great value at $34. A pea size amount is really all you need for your entire face, less if you only want to apply it to problem areas.
I should also add that when working with this product, I've found it's pretty easy to manipulate the shade to match your skin. The light has more of a yellow undertone (this shade seems to suite most), the medium has a pink undertone, and the tan (which is the shade I use) works really well on olive skin tones.
Overall = FANTASTIC! Love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A cosmetician at shoppers drugmart gave me a sample of this to try (she squirted it into a pill container for me) since I have such a hard time with foundations either causing breakouts, not matching my skin or drying my skin out more (i'm dry/dehydrated with normal t-zone, prone to breaking out).

I've used this twice now and LOVE it. I'm an NC20 with a touch more yellow in my skin and yet this TM seems to moisturize just enough for my dehydrated combo skin and it blends into my neck color perfectly.
I dont notice the sparkles that others mention, maybe the newer formulas dont have it? There is no scent and I like that because scents drive me crazy or cause irritaion to my skin. I also like that its a bit thicker than a regular TM, so I can use my Mac foundation brush to apply this. I find that if I pat it into the skin, I get a perfect, healthy, dewy look. Of course, it doesn't cover zits, but again, its a TM, not full coverage.
I'm going to use up my sample and if I'm still zit free, I will definately be purchasing this. I should also add that I'm using Light.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I read the reviews on here and tried it out in the store, and it seemed just what I was looking for for a tinted moisturizer. except for two things:
1. It feels so dry on your face! which is strange because it's supposed to be a moisturizer, but also stranger because I have pretty oily skin.
2. It has shimmer! Little tiny flecks of glitter, while not being obnoxious, still ends up making my face look all shiny. ugh.

also, it doesn't cover at all. since its a tinted moisturizer I won't knock a lippie, but really I expected it to even me out just a little bit.

also I found it was irritating my skin slightly. a little zit here and there, but in places where I never get them except when I use this (like my forehead).

So really I just ended up with a really expensive tube of shimmery sunscreen. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by damiri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thick and difficult to spread on evenly. Unless you want to spend a really long time working in sections and perfecting an even coverage, don't bother buying this. Like the person below me commented, this TM does dry quickly - too quickly. It also has too many sparkles. I switched from this to Laura Mercier, and I'm much happier with my Laura Mercier TM.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wowza! Do I love this product!!!!! I have used this for 2 weeks now.....
-I got this in medium. For starters, my body is completely tan, but my face always looks a lot more pale. This gives my face and neck the exact color I need to match the rest of my body.
-This dries fairly quickly, so you have to work fast and in sections. I just put some on and rub in a circular motion to let it all sink it.
-I don't recommend using this alone. For me at least, it doesn't give me the medium coverage I need and it's way too shiny by itself.....but, you use some powder on top (I use Alima minerals matte) and WOW, this gives the prettiest glow I've ever seen without making you look shiny.
-Can't go wrong with the fact that this works as a susncreen, primer, moisturizer (although I do moisturize since I live in a dry climate) all in one.
-Not one single breakout

This make my skin glow, look absolutely flawless (with powder on top) and I just can't say enough good things about this product. The downside I can see is that there may not be a color match for everyone and it takes some getting use to when applying it properly. You have to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jwlpatterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an acne prone skin. Currently using Retin A at night, Aczone in the morning, and Doxy at night -- needless to say, my skin is very dry - it peels almost every day. I have been experimenting with BB creams and tinted moisturizers. I spent so much money trying to figure out what will best work with my skin.
Any how, I tried Asian BB creams (Skin 79, Etude House, Missha, etc) -- and every single one of them does look good on the skin EXCEPT it makes me look like a ghost. My face is so pale - it does not match my neck color at all!
I then tried US brand creams - Garnier BB Cream - too oily and shiny for me. Two Faced Beauty Balm -- I really love this as it is easy to apply and provided a great color that matches my neck BUT -- I broke out after the first use!!! My skin was finally calming down due to my medicine that my dermatologist gave me -- after using Two Face Beauty Balm, I had 4 new acne forming and a couple of white bumps -- yuckkkk. Returned it the next day.
Then comes this Pur Mineral Tinted Moisturizer. I'm so glad I didn't stop searching. This blended well - my face matched my neck -- and NO new acne formed. It looks so natural and feels clean. I hope SPF can be higher, but I wear hat all the time so it's ok. I'm sticking to this one.
Everyone reacts differently to different product. Don't give up. Remember, you can always return your cosmetics if it does not work for you. Love love love my skin now.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear Blush Medium in the 4-in-1 pressed foundation and have for about 5 years now. Pur's site said I would wear the medium tinted moisturizer, but it looked so dark in the tube. The girl at Ulta said I could go either way with my skin tone so I ended up choosing the fairest one to be safe. I have to say it blends flawlessly into my skin. It gives a little coverage and I still use the mineral pressed powder over it, but it leaves my skin dewy and glowy giving it a little boost of healthy tan color. I choose this mainly because it doesn't have any chemical sunscreens. My face cannot handle them and breaks out any time it comes close to one. I've noticed no breakouts with this stuff. I removed 1 lippy for the steep price- you don't get much in the small tube for $34, however, a little does go a long way. I use this on the weekends when I go out but not everyday for work. All in all, I think I will be repurchasing.

EDIT: I've started using this everyday. The more I use it the more I love it and can't resist using it. I'm slowly becoming obsessed with all things Pur Minerals :)

EDIT: 7/28/13 They must've reformulated! :( Repurchased and had to return it. The light shade I was using before was completely different (swatched it next to my old tube) and it now has silvery sparkles in it that made my face look like a disco ball. So sad. Moving onto trying their CC Cream instead....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by oceanpearl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It covers just right as an*on the go* foundation and it's a terrific primer for when you want to layer mineral foundation powder over the top. Not quite enough SPF but I have enough SPF in my daily moisturizer anyway. LOVE IT! I will buy it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by cahef

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so picky when it comes to tinted moisturizers, I have been using Laura Mercier for years. I have also tried Bobbi Brown, Smashbox and Josie Maran. I have to say I have found this new Pur Minerals 4-in -1 to be the best on the market. Love that it has a built in primer, color is great ( no Yellow), coverage is what is to be expected in a tm. I am a mature woman and I have dry skin and this feels so nice on. I don't feel it on and am so happy about that!! Also, love that it is paraben free and has a spf of 20.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Great all-in-one product with non-chemical sunscreen, no fragrance, and no parabens. I'm quite pale but like a bit of colour in my summer makeup so I got "Medium" and it's perfect - very natural, with no shimmer to worry about in the sunlight.
UPDATE Jan 2014: This is still my HG foundation. My sensitive skin loves it. Most of the year, I wear "Light" and it's a perfect match. I swear I look more "luminous" when I wear this even though there's no obvious shimmer. People have been complimenting my skin lately (at age 39! woohoo) and I think this has something to do with it.

UPDATE May 2014: Grrrr. It seems that they have changed the color of this. I was using Light which I bought about 2 years ago and finally ran out, so I bought 2 new tubes off the website. This time the Light is definitely lighter! I compared side by side with what was left over from my last tube. The new color is actually a bit more neutral (less warm) than the old one which is nice, but it's also too light for my skin now, especially in the summer. I wonder if the Medium has been reformulated as well? In any case, I'm very frustrated.