September 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Skin Smoother

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by coleyCol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an HG product for me. Great primer for my Mineralize Loose Foundation when I do actually wear makeup. Helps stop creasing & flaky spots. I've recently decided to try to start using MAC BB cream on work days to try to even out my winter red skin & use it under that as well.

Edit: 22 Apr 2013. I'm taking off 2 lippies b/c this doesn't work so great under my BB. I now understand what people mean when they say makeup is sliding around on their face. I do use it under powder foundation but over my new HG primer, La Roche Posay's SPF 50 Anti-Aging Primer. It does help the powder look a bit more natural. I'd actually give it 3.5 lippies just for that, but only if I could give the LRP 6 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not really see the point of this product as it does not do what it is supposed to do despite a nice ingredients list, full of plant extracts and peptides (the first ingredient is dimethicone though, closely followed by silica). I bought it primarily because of the ingredients and because of a friend's recommendation (she is a mu artist and has dry skin like I do).

So far all the foundations that I put on top of it (I do not have such a great skin to wear it on it's own and if I would, I would still have to use sunscreen, which simply does not leave a space in my skin routine for this product) look visible and slip all over the place during application. They simply stay as a visible layer on top of my skin no matter what - I have tried applying with different tools (sponge, brush, beauty blender) and fingers. Visible AND patchy layer I need to add.

It does not prevent my under eye concealer from creasing (I used Hourglass in stick and Magic Concealer from Helena Rubinstein which is liquid - same result) or does not make my eye shadows last longer without creasing either when applied to my lids (NARS e/s base keeps them pretty much intact for more than 12 hours!).

I will try to use even less than I used before and let it DRY longer on my skin that a couple of minutes which I gave it before and I would also like to see how it would behave under a sunscreen (silicones help sunscreen to adhere to my skin better) and edit my review accordingly.

Though so far it is a massive fail - it is expensive, packaging might be pretty as other reviewers mentioned but unhygienic (a pump or tube would be much better) and it does not do what it says on the packaging.

EDIT: I've added a lippie because my sunscreen sinks in better with this underneath but that is about it - it still gathers in my fine lines and my concealer migrates.

EDIT2: It went rancid after 6 months and I decided to throw it away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Im really impressed with this primer. After reading some of the reviews, I didnt think it would work with my oily skin. My skin has never been so flawless and beautiful under makeup after using this! I can see how people think the packaging is unsanitary, but I always put makeup on right after washing my face, so my hands are always clean. Im glad I decided to buy this, it makes my makeup look amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by vester1228

I was sold this product as an all over primer. I have combination skin and it did not work at all on my oily t-zone. Worked well under my eyes but really clogged my pores on my nose. I will use it up (under my eyes), but don't really see the need for numerous primers for my face. I have since tried another MAC primer (Enhanced Skin I think) and love it much more. Would not repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

The packaging for this is SO pretty! I really enjoy the feel of this; its velvety smooth. I give this a little time before I put on my TM (I use Nars TM). I find myself consistently reaching for this over my other primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best primer ever for drier, mature skin types. Fills in fine lines especially under my eyes. Concealer under eyes does not crease with this gem :) Will definitely repurchase!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by annnnnnnnnnn

I got this to fill in my uneven texture skin but it felt moist all day and like it never set. I switched to the Nars smoothing face prep which is much more matte.

I couldn't find the box to return so I repurposed this as an eye area primer and I love it there! I might try it for face again with a Mac 191 brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was given this product as a gift and it's great. It has sort of a waxy feel at first, but then feels somewhat powdery after you apply it to your skin. It is great in preventing shine, hiding dark circles, and keeping makeup in place. I also use it as an eyelid primer and it works well for that too. I use my fingers to apply this, but that works well (as long as you start with clean hands) because you can make sure it gets everywhere you want it to.
The packaging is very pretty. I love all the little specks of glitter!
The only reason I would not but it again is because of how pricey it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by PAMEEE

Best primer I've ever used under my eyes. I'm over 60 and have crepey skin under my eyes. This product works beautifully with my makeup. I use the MAC mineralize concealer on top of this primer and my undereye skin looks way more youthful, smoother and moist all day. All the other primers and concealers I've tried just don't work for mature skin - ie they are dry looking, cakey and crease horribly.

This MAC primer is wonderful. Highly recommended for people like me with aging skin around the eyes. Love, love love it!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Selvitella

I recently returned this product after trying it for a week. It goes on slippery and never dries, therefore when I applied my foundation it too slipped all over my face. Its like applying a grease to the skin. I was very dissapointed in this product. It didnt help with pores or fine lines either