Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 3/17/2015 2:55:00 PM

An absolutely fantastic face brush, worth every bit of hype. I use it daily to blend foundations, concealers and the result is quite flawless. Has a nice dome shape and the bristles are soft and feels good on the skin. Very easy to wash and dry and has a clever flat broad handle base so that it can stand just like that. And another good thing is it does not shed.Very happy with this brush, it's my desert island brush now. Will definitely re-purchase.

on 2/26/2015 9:28:00 PM

I love this so much. Putting on foundation is fun with this brush! I just smear some streaks of foundation on my cheeks, nose, and forehead, then I blend and buff them in. Perfection! I use way less product, and it even helped me cover my perioral dermatitis. The way this brush just buffs over the skin seems to keep makeup from being ground into the drier areas. I used to use the Shiseido foundation brush, which is like painting your face. It left streaks that I had to fix with my fingers...what was I thinking?? THIS brush is the way to do your face.

on 2/25/2015 10:06:00 AM

Wow, now this has officially replaced my Sigma F80!! The F80 was my HG, but within a year it fell apart and I refuse to repurchase a brush yearly, crazy. So I've been on the hunt for a great replacement and I've tried the following: Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Multipurpose Brush #4...Sephora Pro Bronzer Brush #48...Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The SK was a bit too small and I didn't like the flat top, it was awkward compared to the Sigma. I also didn't like the feel of the curvy handle in my hand. The Sephora one was too heavy and I didn't like how it applied foundation, plus it took FOREVER to dry. The RT brush on the other hand, has the most perfect rounded brush head that is neither too small or large, it's not heavy, and it applies foundation smoothly, leaving a lovely finish. It also washes easily and dries fast. I love that I can stand it up on my counter after I use it since it has a flat bottom. It's also the cheapest of the bunch! Highly recommend.

on 2/20/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. I finally splurged and bought this after years of using Elf brushes and being unsatisfied. This blends my foundation beautifully, liquid or powder. Some days I don't like to wear a full face of liquid foundation so I use this brush and just pack some powder in my tzone. It works wonderfully! This brush is also the perfect size, not to tiny and not too big, gives great control of the product. It also cleans up nicely after washing, doesn't shed. Would definitely repurchase!

on 2/16/2015 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Where has this been all my life??? Now, I "came of age" during the time when you used your fingers to apply foundation. I have never really liked sponges, seems they soak up a lot of product. So, I usually like to apply with my fingers, and blend with a brush or beauty blender (kinda getting to like those!). And I just don't get the flat foundation brushes; seem to pile it on too thick.

This brush just...perfects the finish. Plus, it's magical when it comes to ensuring a seamless blend between foundation and cream blush (usually Stila Convertible Color, Poppy). I recently got a second one (sale + coupon!) so I could wash more frequently; if there is ANY drawback to this brush, it's that the very dense bristles take more than a day to dry fully. Oh, and it washes up like a dream.

on 2/15/2015 10:32:00 PM

My favourite foundation brush! Have had mine for over a year now and still works as good as when I first bought it. It does not shed at all and has still held its shape even after regular cleaning. It applies and blends my liquid foundations and bb creams flawlessly and so quickly. Will buy it again if it ever loses quality (which it hasn't showed any signs of yet)

I really wanted to love this product. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and while this worked well on my oily forehead, it left streaks on my -oily- nose. I don't get it really.. I use the same moisturizer and primer on every bit of my face so it shouldn't really make a difference, right? I used it to apply liquid foundation (MAC Pro Longwear), which is my HG foundation. I am now using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply my foundation and so far I'm satisfied. Much better than this Expert Face Brush. Will not buy again. Maybe if you have dry skin this brush works wonders for you.

I use this brush when applying my liquid or cream foundation, and I also use this to buff and blend my concealer in. The effect? FLAWLESS FACE! The bristles are dense and super soft, but still sturdy enough for a perfect foundation application.

At times, I use this while powder/cream contouring and applying blush. I think this brush is perfect to put in that makeup bag you bring with you wherever you go because of its versatility. For its price, you will never believe how great of a brush this is!

on 2/4/2015 3:07:00 AM

This brush is my savior. Before I used this I was using cheap, stippling brushes which did nothing for my foundation. The expert face brush makes my makeup look smooth. The bristles are sturdy yet soft and really give you full control of the application. It's great for buffing and stippling! Pretty easy to clean as well which is a bonus.
It's a bit pricey imo (around $20 AUD at Priceline) but worth it nonetheless.

on 2/1/2015 12:30:00 AM