February 1, 2015 | 1126 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 2:38:00 AM More reviews by mimipls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was pretty disappointed with this brush.. I have very soft skin and it's sometimes sensitive. I found this brush to soak up a lot of my foundation and it didn't distribute it very easily.. I think the bristles are quite tough too ugh. I have 4 or 5 other real techniques brushes and they're all better than this one! I could use it for contouring with powder but I already have the contour brush and it's perfect, this would be too big!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by treasaod

I have used this brush twice since I bought it. The brush is very dense and the product does not absorb into the brush. I dont find I need to use any extra foundation at all when using it. It leaves a great finish and buffs foundation in very well with minimal effort. Much better than a duo fiber stippler brush and a flat foundation brush. It gives higher coverage than both of them. It was a steal at the price aswell! will not be going further than real techniques.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by SiaKou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loveeee this brush when I want full coverage makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I really like this brush. It has lots of thick bristles that apply liquid foundation really, really well. I also used it on multiple occasions to apply blush which worked very well. It gave the blush a really rounded appearance. It is very high quality for $9.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SianLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this brush for almost anything, liquid foundation ,liquid highlighter and my cream bronzer mostly. Although I use this brush for three very different shades it does not overlap on my face, making it seem like I wash my brush between every use. This brush gives such a flawless look with foundation on my face even though I have many imperfections it covers them up nicely, over bits which have not been covered I blot over that section again to which usually seems to do the trick! Although whenever I do clean this brush it comes clear to me of how much product it does hold back onto - as the product is usually up to the handle, I think this is due to this being such a compact brush that once the product gets into tight spaces it is hard to get out. Overall this is a amazing brush and I honestly don't know what I would do without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by galactica17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very well made brush that doesn't really work for me. It washes easily, and doesn't shed. It is also fairly soft. Unfortunately, my skin is dry and slightly flaky, especially on my cheeks, so I usually use a dampened stippling brush (MAC 187) to apply my liquid foundation. I get frustrated with 187 because it is too wide for my face (and 188 is too narrow) so given the great reviews I decided to give this a shot.

As other reviewers have noted, this is a very thirsty brush. It soaked up a lot of foundation, even though I kept spritzing it with water. It also pulled the makeup off my skin when I tried to blend with it.

It isn't the brushes' fault...the dense bristles are no doubt better suited to buffing in powder or applying cream foundation. I would highly recommend it for those uses, but for an airbrushed finish on dry skin, I will stick to a stippling brush. I may try the RT stippling brush next.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by julianaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a great multitasker, I use it mainly to apply my liquid foundation and I love it for that purpose but I have also used it for powder, bronzer and blush. It's super soft, I would definitely recommend this, for the price and the quality that you get it's a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

At first I wasn't that into this brush, mainly because I was so into the buffing brush by Sam. The expert face brush is more suited to liquid foundation and creams. The buffing brush more suited to powders, HOWEVER you can use them for all, they are that versatile. The size is perfect and all foundations blend really quickly, it makes light work of everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Lkatz90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush is fantastic! Great full coverage that looks completely natural! What a difference a quality makeup brush makes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush for applying cream or liquid foundation. I also occasionally use it for cream blush.

It's dense, but not too dense so you can build the coverage up and buff as needed. It has an oval shape with a rounded top which makes it a good size for covering your entire face and also getting into all the little nooks and crannies around your nose.

I've owned this brush for over a year and with regular washing I haven't lost any bristles. I definitely recommend this if you use liquid/cream products and like using a brush to apply