July 28, 2014 | 1726 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this brush! Real Techniques is easily one of my favorite drug store brand of brushes (even beating out Eco Tools). I was originally using a Sigma pointed "highlighter" brush to set my under eye concealer and I loved it but I saw this and decided to try it out. The bristles on this are a lot softer and delicate for the under eye area yet still dense enough to pack on enough powder so your concealer doesn't crease or slide around. I also love using this to kind of blend out eyeshadow I put underneath my eye. GREAT brush and great price without cheating you on the quality! I also love it for highlighting the bridge of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by alish15

This is one of my favorite real techniques brushes. I love the size of the handle and the top part. It fits perfectly under my eyes for setting concealer. I also use it for putting setting powder on other parts on my face, since I don't cover my whole face with powder in the cooler months. It is a great price and it is often on sale somewhere online. It is nice for highlighter as well. The bristles are soft and easy to clean since it's synthetic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Probably one of the best in the collection ime. I use it for detailing my MMU/getting into corners. Soft and dense. Too bad it doesnt have a cover, but in view of the other covers in the group which are cheap plastic, its no big deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- soft
- doesn't shed
- size
- dries quickly

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Very soft and works great for setting the under eye area, highlighting, and contouring the nose. My favorite use is for highlighting. Nothing bad to say about this.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush...is amazing! One of the best in my kit/collection. I love that its synthetic which means if I choose to use it with cream products, like cheek highlighter, it doesn't absorbed all the product like a natural bristle brush would. It fits perfect under the eye/on the cheekbone. I use this to apply concealer/highlighter and to set my concealer. Flawless application that looks very natural. I sometimes use this to blend out my contour too. I think synthetic brushes are better to blend, the leave a more natural finish. Its $8 on Amazon, so not a huge investment. If you have a extra couple bucks and are looking for a good brush to expand on your collection, I highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Another great brush by Real Techniques! This is my first true setting brush. I usually set things with a large fluffy powder brush. But, this particular brush is exceptionally unique because it is shaped and sized perfectly to set concealer. To be honest, I never really put the time in setting concealer. I basically just swirled blotting powder with a large brush all over and call it a day. I didn't realize how crucial this brush was until I started using it and how much better my concealer lasted. It is the perfect size to effectively set makeup. I even use this brush to apply a powder highlighter down the center of my nose. Like most RT brushes, this one is made very sturdy, good quality bristles and it washes nicely with no shedding. I can honestly say this brush is a standard piece in my daily makeup routine. I won't go a day without using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a small brush, but I like it for liquid foundation. I know, weird! But I've been using it for foundation for a year and it gives such a flawless finish. It allows me to work with areas precisely and it doesn't leave the skin with streaks of foundation. Love it and will repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have 4 of these brushes I love them so much!! fantastic for setting or contouring, so impressed with Samantha Chapman brushes and more importantly the price is amazing which I why I buy so many of her brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Hicksnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best brushes!
I have used this to set banana powder underneath my eyes, with a powder bronzer to contour, and with a powder blush!
I haven't had any issues with shedding fibers and it washes easily with brush cleaner or baby shampoo.
This brush is super soft but not so soft that it doesn't pick up and easily distribute pigment.
I would absolutely purchase this brush again--I have not been able to to find it for sale individually, so that would be nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is awesome!!! I need to purchase a few more I love it so much. I use it to set my under eye concealer mainly, but this brush will do so much more! Apply highlight, contour, blending eye shadows, etc. Very reasonably priced and excellent quality!