November 26, 2014 | 1263 users online

Bronzers - Christian Dior - Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great multitasking product that you can use year-round because it's not too intense and looks very natural. I have medium warm-toned Asian skin (NC30 in MAC foundation) and have this powder in Sunset, the darker of the two. Sunset is a peachy tan with the slightest dash of orange that doesn't make you look like an Oompa Loompa but rather brings warmth to the face. I don't own Sunlight, but from swatching it in stores it looks like a lighter tan than Sunset with pinky-peach undertones rather than just peach. I apply it as a bronzer (temples, under cheekbones, sides of forehead, nose bridge, chin) and it makes me look naturally tanned and healthy. Because of the peach tones in the powder and the satin finish, I can forgo blush and just wear this alone to sculpt the face while also adding color. It also works as a finishing powder thanks to its fine texture and sheer but buildable coverage, and has great lasting power. I also find that unlike more intense, true brown bronzers, I can use Sunset during the winter and not look odd. I've been using mine pretty regularly for 6 months and the lettering on the powder is still raised. The two shades available are aimed towards those with fair to medium-tan skin, but deeper complexions may like this as a highlighter or a radiance powder.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Catraftery

I love this product!
Its my first Dior product and I will definitely be buying more Dior products in the future.
I look so nice on my skin and gives me a hint of colour without making me look orange or give me an unnatural tan.
I use it as a contour and as a bronzer.
The packaging is gorgeous and so luxurious which makes the price of 37 worth while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The new Healthy Glow powders are really nice. First off, the packaging is enough to suck me in. The compact is a gorgeous, heavy, luxurious silver with the quilt pattern. It doesn't get any better than this, in terms of packaging. The mini kabuki is cute, and would suffice for travel. The look of the powder is nice too, the NUDE design in nice without being too cheesy. The powder itself is super super silky, but IMO it could be a bit more loose. It's really hard to get enough on the brush to provide any significant amount of coverage (I've tried all types of brushes, and I prefer the MAC 167SH for this powder). However, if you don't need much coverage, the overall effect is very pretty. IMO it's not at all too shimmery to wear all over the face, so it's very versatile. The lightest shade works for me, and I'm NW20. It's not dark enough to be a bronzer for sure. Overall, I really like the powder and am I happy with my purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yet another bronzer that I've added to my collection. I admit, the sleek packaging drew me in. The MA applied this powder and it gave my skin a nice, healthy glow. I bought the Nude shade.
I use the flesh colour powder as an all over base for those days when I want a light makeup look. It's so sheer that it's not obvious it's a bit lighter than my natural skin tone.
I use the pink colour as a brow highlighter and I mix the pink and brown together to highlight my upper cheeks.
The powder is a very soft texture and not chalky or dry.
If you're going to splurge on a CD product, this is one to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love it! HG for sure! I use the darker one (Sunset) and could not be happier. I can use a little and get a flush of color, or use more and get a more dramatic look. It never looks orange or brown or muddy or streaky. Absolutely flawless. A little expensive, but just like other Dior products, completely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by svmgv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to say it, but the packaging was a large part of why I bought this. I was looking for a contouring powder, and was originally thinking about their "flat" bronzers in the same compact, but the SA showed me how I could use this (in 002, sunlight) both as a bronzer and for contouring over the top. I was very impressed, prefer to use this without foundation, just a bit of concealer, and it just makes me look healthy and tan. One slight issue for me is that the contouring can look very obvious if you don't blend it out properly. Also, whilst I love the packaging, it is incredible heavy (perhaps for some this indicates quality, idk), and is very susceptible to fingerprints, even though I keep it in its little pouch when I'm not using it. And the price was a bit of a turn-off (37 GBP!!): had it not been for the packaging I'm not sure this would have been worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is a beautiful product! It's not exactly a bronzer or rather a typical bronzer because it gives warmth and a subtle glow to my face without looking over done. I have the color Sunset and it is so lovely. I adore the packaging and the mini brush but I wish the brush had a cap rather then a the cover it came in. I looking forward to putting this product on every day...that's how much I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

I bought this compact in 002 Sunlight and love it. It cost AU $82, which includes a compact with pouch and a small travel-size kabuki and pouch.
Gives a very natural yet visible tan, amazing for contouring and I absolutely love it.
Lasts throughout the day, a little bit goes a long way, yet it is still buildable. A very faint shimmer that isn't really visible when worn - looks absolutely natural.
Have received so many compliments wearing this, people asking why I look so "refreshed" and if I'd been on a holiday. Would recommend this product to anyone that doesn't mind spending a little more on this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i agree with the previous reviewer, I like this because it is not a bronzer as such, it just really warms up your skin tone but looks completely natural on. I bought the Nude Complexion enhancer (Limited Edition) last year and this powder (in Aurora) makes the skin look really radiant. I think this shade will be very popular I think I got the last one in the shop when I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

In Europe, there are four shades to choose from:
two suitable for cool toned skin (more pink): 001 Aurora (all year round) and 002 Sunlight (summer)
And two for warm toned (more peach): 003 Zenith (all year round) and 004 Sunset (summer)

It's technically not a bronzer in the pure meaning of the word but an all- over face powder that "warms the natural skin tone and adjust to ambient light for a healthy glow all year round".
The powder comes as always with Dior in a dark blue velvet pouch, but this time it also comes with a mini kabuki brush (in a seperate velvet pouch) which actually is very nice, soft and cute. The compact is round and silver and looks very classy.
The powder is sectioned in four parts, every part has a letter imprinted that spells 'NUDE" together.

This is a review for no. 001 Aurora, released for Summer 2012 (and thankfully will be permanent), which is different from the Aurora powder from 2011.
In Aurora, the lightest shade available, two parts are light nude with pink letters, the other two are more peachy tan with darker tanned letters.
You can use the colours blended together or use the pinkier ones as blush and the darker ones for contour or bronzer. You can use the powder all over the face or only on 'the big three'.
I've swatched Aurora next to Sunlight, and to me Sunlight is the summer version of Aurora, deeper in tone with a a bit more brown and tan in it, less pink.
I use this powder mainly as a bronzer, on the big three on my face (temples, cheeks/ nose, jaws/ chin), just to give my skin a bit of a tan and a 'healthy glow'.
I'm nw 15 and Aurora is the most foolproof bronzer I've ever had. I've tried Guerlain, MAC, Benefit but this is the easiest to work with and the most natural one of all. Even the lightest shade from Guerlain Terracotta no. 00 (matte) is darker than this. You can never go over the top with this one, it always looks subtle, even if you have zero skills.
I really think that in the summer when I'm a bit more tanned (not much: nw20) this might be too light to work as a bronzer, it is that light.
I love that I can use this and never look really bronzed, just healthy. I love it's satin finish (the shimmers on the products either don't transfer on my skin, or they blend in very nicely) and I love that it looks very natural on my fair and cool toned skin.
The product is very pricy, but it comes with a very nice mini kabiku brush that is actually working, and the powder is of superb quality: finely milled, blendable and easy to work with. Plus I love the Dior packaging, so chique!
I'd definitely buy this again, and I'm seriously considering buying the Sunlight one for summer.

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No