Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.6

ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] methyl trimethicone [] butylene glycol [] neopentyl glycol diheptanoate [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] nylon-12 [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] salix alba (willow) bark extract [] aloe barbadensis leaf extract [] cholesterol [] glycerin [] zinc stearate [] peg-10 dimethicone [] caffeine [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] lecithin [] disteardimonium hectorite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] tocopheryl acetate [] phenyl trimethicone [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] laureth-7 [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] potassium sorbate [] sorbic acid [] sodium dehydroacetate [] triethyl citrate [] hydroxyapatite [] xanthan gum [] sodium chloride [] alcohol [] dipropylene glycol [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] sodium hyaluronate [] nylon-6 [] chlorphenesin [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] mica]v

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who struggled with oily skin, this foundation was the best I found. It is relatively inexpensive for a high-end foundation, does not make me break out (I have very sensitive skin), provides moderate-full coverage, and does not get nearly as oily as almost every other foundation that is marketed as "matte". (disclaimer: the finish is not entirely matte, has a little more of a natural finish, but combats oil amazingly)

I have purchased this foundation in 6 different colors for all my different phases of self-tanning because it is so essential. It stays on the skin all night and does not oxidize on my fair skin.

Also, this does not dry out my now somewhat-dry skin during the winter, which is rare for a matte foundation.

on 2/14/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this foundation thinking it would blend nicely however it didn't. I found it to be quite thick and looked very obvious on the skin. There aren't many pale colours in this foundation which lead to me looking slightly orange. I'm disappointed this didn't work well for me as I have a full tube I know I'll never use. It didn't stay very matte on my skin but not many things do so I can't really comment on how well it would control mild oil.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very effective product. Especially for this price range. I appreciate a soft matte look and this was easily achieved with Clinique's "stay-matte". A small amount of this covered well, glides on velvety and dried quickly to a delicate matte finish. It has a professional and classy effect and does not appear to be "cakey" or crease. The color I use, which is 09 Neutral, looked natural and blended well to even my skin tone.

on 2/7/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always loved Clinique because of the quality. I also think that the price is still much more affordable than other department store brands. I did not like this product because it looked thick and unnatural. It did not blend well and it just sat on my face. It exaggerated the flaws.

on 2/5/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for a foundation that was higher end, but wasn't really pricey. This was a good price I thought. I wanted something that was oil free, but also a good coverage. This foundation covers realllllly good. It last allll day. Its a bit dark for my skin so I put a lighter powder over it to lighten it up a bit

on 1/2/2015 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the worst oily skin ever!!! All of it is an oil slick and primers...blah..have not found one which won't make me oily and feel like I have caked on gunk. Anyway after my 20's I could not get away with powder foundation anymore and the search for a good foundation began. I was pleased with the Superfit but Clinique discontinued it ugh. Gave the acne control one a try but would end up looking like a grease ball after 3hrs. Finally Clinique came up with the stay matte and holy cow!!! I keep going back. It does not keep me oil free all day but I do get a good 5 hrs dusting on a bit of the Merle Norman Ultra powder foundation and may need to blot to make it to the end of the day. Took off a lippie because the color selection is not the greatest I look tan a year long but I can deal with it since it has been the only foundation to work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

golden neutral is the best match i have ever found for my skintone. im nc25 light-medium with clear olive/yellow undertones. this gave me medium coverage and looked amazing on my skin upon initial application. however after wearing it for 2 days straight i started noticing bumps all over my face. so i stopped wearing makeup for a few days and the bumps went away...tried the foundation again after my skin cleared and the bumps came back. so unfortunate because besides the fact that it breaks me out everything else was perfect....*sigh* back to my search for the "perfect" foundation. also, i want to note that i do wash my face very thoroughly since i'm working on keeping my skin as clear as i can. i use the coconut oil to wash my heavy foundations off. been using this method for almost 8 months now with dif foundations and never has it giving me pimples so i know it isnt because i didnt wash my face thoroughly after wearing the stay matte foundation. 2 stars for being a good foundation however the clogging my pores part is a deal breaker. im sure this will work for those who are lucky enough to not be highly acne prone like i am.

on 12/29/2014 7:59:00 PM

This has become my hg foundation, looking flawless when applied with a damp beautyblender-type sponge. I find the sponge absorbs too much product with some foundations but this one is a good fit. It's a medium-to-full coverage on me which I need when I have post-Retin-A redness. It stays matte and looks natural. I switched from L'Oreal True Match which was my favorite for years, to this.

on 12/7/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried the clinique superbalanced but it was too shiny for me, I like the Stay Matte better, it's better suited for my oily skin. The color 7-cream chamois, was a good match for me I'm NC25-30 for reference. The only con is that as my skin gets drier in winter time this emphasizes the dry parts of my skin and it makes more visible the thin lines around my eyes, some of those thin lines I didn't even knew I had! I use moisturizer before but it's still not working, I don't like looking like I am 10 years older, I returned it... Maybe it would be better for the summer but right now I'm still looking for a foundation that will suit me for winter time.

on 11/30/2014 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Good coverage, does help control my oiliness, isn't as expensive as most prestige brands. Stand by in my makeup bag.