July 29, 2014 | 1990 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kaykaykasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is meant for those who have pretty decent skin, for this product has a light to medium coverage. Although it's nothing a little concealer can't cover up. I have pretty dark acne spots and pigmentation all over my cheeks but this product just evens out my skin tone perfectly. Also I definitely believe that this keeps you matte all day because I didn't have any comments that my t zone was oily which is what usually happens with my revlon nearly naked. The price is a little out of my comfort zone and the amount of product isn't a lot but overall it does it's job and a little goes a long way. Great way to spend $20 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes this foundation is the holy gail for me. Wow. This foundation is gel and goes on great. It is not cakey because it's gel. I do not need a primer with this. The package iseasy to use. I can control the product since its a squeezeable tube. Even though I use a finishing powder on top my foundation looks like skin. It does not look like I'm wearing powder. Also I like the idea that my natural oils come through. It make me look like I'm not wearing makeup. It's just flawless. It's medium coverage. I love this foundation. It cost 20 bucks. It's 22 with taxes. A small amount goes a long way. People heads turn when I walk in the room. They complement my skin not my makeup. I use a light concealer under my eyes after my foundation trapped with translucent powder on concealer followed by regular face powder then blush. Then Damn. Lol awesomeness.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! Not cakey, doesn't sit in fine lines, medium-buildable finish, long wearing, great price and see-thru package, this stuff has it all.

I have oily-combination skin, but I don't have time to retouch my makeup during the day. This is the first foundation that stays stain-finished for 4+ hours. I let my natural oils seep through so I look a bit more lifelike. On days that I need a flawless coverage I use Clinique's Superprimer and Clnique's Stay Matte Power. I used this combo on my wedding day in the Caribbean with no touch ups and my photos came out perfect (un-Photoshopped!).

I highly recommend this foundation if you want a medium coverage with satin finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sll74

I have oily skin and had been doing powder mineral makeup for many years but wanted to try a liquid for a more glowy (not oily) look. for me the color match is great and this goes on easy (i use a brush) and it lasts all day. i set it with the loose translucent powder. this looks really nice on me in photos and i don't really need heavy concealer where i have some blemishes from previous acne. this really wears like my skin. this seems to be the best clinique foundation for my skin type so i'll stick with it for sure. i hope they don't change the formulation or colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

I have been using a tester of this and am REALLY IMPRESSED. I have tried a lot of foundations for combo/oily/sensitive skin (Mac Studio Fix, Mac Full Cover, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bourjois Flower Perfection, Bourjois 123 Perfection, Revlon Colorstay etc) and none of them have touched this.

I was previously using Mac Full Cover (the big concealer thing you can only get in PRO stores) but it was making my skin so greasy I just had to switch to something oil free.

This clinique foundation is oil free and really suits my sensitive skin. The only thing I would improve is having a slightly more yellow-based range of colours. I am using 01 which is the palest shade - it does suit me if I blend it out well but I wish it was just a tiny bit more yellow-based.

It literally lasts ALL DAY. I use it with their anti blemish concealer and a little bit of powder on top and I work out like a maniac and it still stays put. Really impressed, definitely worth the money and the fact it's oil free is a huge bonus for me :]

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Eldzi

I bought this maybe 9 months ago. I wanted a foundation that would cover my pimples and that stays matte, so i got this.

I liked it at first but after using it a couple of months a realized that this is the WORST foundation that ive ever had. It "goes" in to your pores and make the face look cakey. It doesnt stay matte at all. It doesnt cover my pimples and darkspots either.
The coverage is buildable but it looks cakey.

One more thing that is happening the last month is that the foundation looks pretty ok when i first put it on in the morning. When i come home from school it looks awful, it oxidize and make my face look orange. The face is orange and the neck is fair.. It doesnt look good at all.

So i suggest you to not buy this foundation. But if you want to buy it make sure to get a lighter color because it oxidize. And Get a sample from your beauty store before buying it to see if it fits you :)

+ great package, not luxury but useful
+ long lasting

- cakey
- bad coverage

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colour matched really really nicely to me, which has been hard to do (most foundations are way too yelow). I have tried it for several weeks. It looks cakey when I put it on so I just started to put it where I needed more coverage, my cheeks and chin. I did this for a few days. It did look good but now I have broken out on my cheeks and chin. My skin looks awful. I will be throughing this in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by stef1986

Pros: Colour range matched my skin perfectly. Clinique has an excellent colour range and this is one of the best, if not the best shade i have tried in foundations for my skin.
Inexpensive and great value for money.
Lightweight and looks and feels like you are wearing no makeup.

Cons: This foundation is targetted at people like me with oily/combination skin however after an hour (maybe even 30 minutes), this foundation made me look like an oil slick.
Light coverage/limited coverage - I always thought to purchase Clinique products you have to have naturally perfect skin and this foundation confirms that. I generally go to light to medium coverage foundations however this foundation was far to sheer for me and i don't have bad skin, but it certainly did not conceal any of the blemishes i have and if purchasing this foundation concealer is a must.
This foundation doesn't come in a pump pack which i generally prefer however the packaging did ensure only a little bit of product came out at a time (not that you can easily overdo it with this product).
No staying power

Overall, i would recommend this foundation for people who have dry to moderate skin, definately not oily/combination skin. I would also recommend this product for people who have limited or no imperfections. This is probably the worst foundation i have purchased for my skin type in a while, very disappointed. I still have 3/4 of the foundation left and am already considering buying another because it makes my skin too oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this foundation when I want to have more coverage and/or when I'm in humid conditions. The staying power is pretty darn good. I wore this in a jam-packed salsa club one night and at the end of the night was surprised that my makeup looked even half-way decent compared to normal. I won't say the shade range is the absolute best but I happened to find one that's pretty close (especially when I top with a very neutral powder). The shades tend to be for the fair and on the slightly pink side FYI. I like this because it does give me a more airbrushed look than my collection of mostly light-coverage foundations and it delivers when it comes to sticking around without an overly matted and cake finish. Plus I will say that I enjoy shopping at Clnique. Their reps are helpful without being pushy and that made the usually irritating experience of shopping for a foundation better than expected.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cali5991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my opinion of Clinique's Stay-Matte, Oil-Free Make-Up. In the past, I suffered from acne, which caused a lot of discoloration. Initially, I used a concealer and a pressed powder in an attempt to disguise the pigmentation. Eventually, I realized that I required a product that will provide additional coverage. So, I visited a boutique and the beautician recommended the product. The woman applied the formula to my face and I was in love - my skin was flawless! I purchased the product for about $30 CAN. Initially, I was content with the product because it hid my scars a little better. It was a matter of time that I realized the product was not for me.
First of all, the formula was sheer. In order to have a perfect complexion, I had to apply a generous layer of foundation to my face. Then, I had to apply a significant amount of blobs of concealer onto my face to disguise my discoloration. Then, I sealed the deal by applying a pressed powder. The result? A cake face. Secondly, the product was a little too expensive for me. It was $30 CAN and it lasted about 3 months (I used the product about five times a week MINIMUM). Certainly, it was not worth the price.Lastly, I was not satisfied with the product's packaging. The product resembles a large, tube of tooth-paste. When I was nearly out of product, I decided to slice the bottle with a pair of scissors to salvage whatever remained. To my dismay, there was a TON of product remaining!
In summary, the product is not for me because the coverage is too sheer, a little too expensive and I'm not a fan of the packaging. In the future, I won't be purchasing the product because I found a different Clinique foundation that I adore.