September 17, 2014 | 1980 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by toriashley

Okay, so I was really, really not expecting much with this palette. But, seeing as e.l.f. had a 40% off sale, I figured, why not? I won't miss $7.50.
I got the palette and once I started to play around, I was insanely impressed. The colors are very vibrant and pigmented. The blending is fabulous. There is some fallout, but that's because I have old brushes and a tendency to forget to tap the brushes before applying.
Also, don't make my mistake and judge too quickly. Odds are, you're not using primer. If you prime your eyes first, these shades can easily measure up to higher priced brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Skincaremaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have both palettes- one in Neutral and one in Brights. Basically, I never need to buy another eyeshadow again!

The awesome: Color selection. As far as color choices go, both neutral and brights have great color selection. The brights have a small, solid selection of neutrals and lots of bright, harder to find colors that would be fun to play with if you love colorful, playful makeup (I do). I love dramatic purples and greens, and the intensity and depth of the jewel tones make me happy. The neutral has great shade range as well- I love the large range of smokey browns and warm plum and burgundy shades as well as the warm, gold-toned rich browns. It's been a blast having all these colors in a neat little palette instead of having to sort through tons of single eyeshadows or small palettes to find what I need.

TIP: I have found that for people that have a hard time with the color not coming onto the brush- I've solved the issue by scratching the surface lightly with a toothpick. It seems the surface may have become "too solid"- but once I've scruffed up the surface, the color payoff has not been an issue at all for me.

The quality of the eyeshadow is above average, great pigment and color payoff, but obviously not the very best of the best. C'mon, considering what you get- 144 colors- for the price (I got mine for 7.50 by waiting for their 50% off sale online), that's to be expected. That said, I'm completely happy with it and I don't find any terrible lapse in quality. It doesn't irritate my delicate eyes, and if you use a primer of your choice, then the color payoff is awesome, and I've found it to be long-wearing, so just use a good primer of your choice! :)

If you're looking to get a palette and don't mind using primer, this is the best palette to get for the cost (I'd wait til they do a 50% off the studio line promotion. ELF's website seems to do this sale a few times a year!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like to wear natural looking makeup so I bought the neutral version of this palette. For $15 this stuff is pretty good. I would rather buy this than the Urban Decay Naked Palette which costs $50. UD Naked only has 12 colors and I'm pretty sure not all of them will look good on me anyway so it's overpriced, in my opinion. Glad I found this E.L.F. palette instead.
The eyeshadows aren't bad quality at all. They're highly pigmented and they're very creamy. You don't even need primer because the shadows stay on all day. But the packaging is pretty cheap and it can break easily if you're not careful. I will definitely buy this again once I use up all the colors which will probably take a long time lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

So I am giving this palette a 5 star rating because it is very cheap to buy and for all the colors it gives, well, it is a good deal. Now as far as the shadows go, they are just okay, nothing special IMO. I got this 144 palette in the Bright Shadows. Most are matte texture which is fine by me. There are a few that appear to be shimmer, but few that have any sparkle and that is awesome in itself. With the proper lid primer these shadows can last all day and most have good color payoff. I have by no means sampled them all, nor will I ever do so. Some of them are not my shade but I will give them a chance because sometimes what color it looks like in the pan is not the color it turns out to be on the skin. I said no to buying it again because there is enough here to last me the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rastacutie

I love this palette! For $15 or $7.50 depending on what sale E.L.F is having its worth the money. You have every color you could imagine. All you need is a good primer of your choice and a good base of choice and BAM! You'll look like a bag of money lol. But seriously the palette is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Enchantedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this palette in the original bright palette and the neutral palette. Why do I need 144 eye shadows? I don't know. To test out ALL THE COLORS. The brights palette has just about every color that could possibly be made into an eye shadow, so it's nice to have a bunch colors to play with to see what works with your skin tone or eye color the best. The brights palette in arranged so that it looks like a rainbow, with different shades of each other going throughout the palette. The finishes are matte, shimmer, and satin. Some of the lighter colors don't have very good pigmentation, but a primer will solve this. It's great for beginners too since it doesn't cost that much...the website says it is normally $30, but it seems like it is always on sale for $15. I have never seen either palette priced at $30.

As for the neutral palette, it has 144 shades of every brown, black, taupe, apricot, peach, silver, and gray imaginable in the same matte, shimmer, or satin finishes. Some of these are also in the bright palette, but it only has 4 columns of neutral shades rather than the entire palette. Again, the lighter colors need a primer. But these palettes are great! Not only for beginners, but for aspiring makeup artists too. It's great because you can find out which colors work the best for you without buying a bunch of colors and then not liking them. I would not buy them again for myself (because there is so much) but I would buy it for a friend or someone who really likes playing or experimenting with a lot of colors.
The packaging is pretty cheap, so the hinges may easily break with use. These palettes do not have an applicator or mirror like all other e.l.f. palettes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by haiden304

I have this same exact product except it's 100 colors instead of 144. This product includes really pretty colors. Their pigmentation is a 6 out of 10 (with 10 being the best), but I've found that if I wet my brush, it's A LOT better. I hate having to do that because it makes the eye shadow messy and gross-looking. For the price ($10), it's a good deal. Will I buy it again? Probably not, because I'll most likely never use this whole palette. The packaging is not very good. Me and my best friend bought it at the same time, and both of our cases were cracked when we opened the box. So it's obviously not very durable. If you're looking for very pigmented eye shadows, this product is not for you so save your money! If you're looking for cheap eye shadow that is fun to play around with and practice with, this might be a decent investment.I like this product, but I'm not in love with it. To sum it all up, I'd say this product is alright.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mermaidea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for halloween one year and its alot nicer than i expected. Only 15 dollars at target. My makeup ended up looking very nice. You do have to dip your brush in water first or use a primer to get a nice color though other wise its a bit bland but deffinatly worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I never actually bought this in the first place, but it did come as a freebie in a sale. It's fun to play with, but I wouldn't actually buy this. It seems more suited for young teenagers.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by 16andFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just like a pretty girl, it only looks nice on the outside but isn't great on the inside. For a $15(?) eyeshadow palette, I understand. But anyways, the majority of the shades were just upsetting. I might as well have spent $3 for one color from a different brand. The colors that were pigmented were all the glittery shades, the bold boring colors weren't. I suggested ditching ELF in general. Their primers aren't good either and their eyeliner isn't either. I suggest another brand that is just as cheap, NYC. New York Color. They never let me down, and their prices don't either.