December 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - 22 brush peice brush set

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by feedmekarats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this set on sale for 15$, so i got a really good deal, and I LOVE them. They are hq brushes. cheap, do what they suppose to do. overall good brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ForeverTheSickestDes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought these brushes around black friday, because I was looking for a nice set & a friend told me about them. Lots of people complained of the smell.. When I was opening them, they did smell pretty bad. But after you wash them they kind of went away. The brushes do an okay job, but everytime I use them the bristle part on the brush always falls off of the handle. Like it was made cheaply, mostly all of the brushes besides the real small eyeshadow ones have fallen off repeatedly. I can say that I haven't had any shedding of them though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by samzeexo

I have to say, I was very leary about this purchase. However, I was pleasantly suprised! The packaging was decent. They sent a free "I heart makeup" bumper sticker which was cute and an eyeshadow quad tester which was great because I was curious about the quality of their shadows as I have not tried them yet.

The quality of these brushes is really incredible considering the price ($35). They came individually wrapped in plastic inside a leather roll out case which was nice. After i opened each one I did notice a bit of a smell, nothing a quick wash couldnt fix. The set comes with both natural and synthetic brushes which were all of good quality. Application with these brushes is flawless and i am so pleased with this purchase. Im definitely going tobe a continous costomer of Coastal Scents.

The only negative would be that these brushes are not identified by a number which makes it a bit confusing when people want to know what brush im suing or one that they would potentially like to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fab brushes - no shedding - comes in nice brush container - great assortment to start a brush collection - missing a couple that i personally need but for the price this is a great starter set!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by oogg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have so many brushes and i used to play with them all to try to find the most useful use for each one of them..... nothing very expensive by the way..........but lately after i had my 2nd baby i thought i needed one good set in a practical packaging to take with me everywhere and to use them instead of searching in my collection of brushes and wow i found this set now i love to put make up just to use them beautiful soft practical and covers all a working busy woman's needs for make up application in the morning they have protectors for the large brushes and extra space if you want to add another brush................ just perfect

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can not express how much I love this brush set, I would buy it a million times over. The set comes encased in a mock leather brush roll, which has an extra compartment to store some extra brushes. The 5 face brushes come with plastic brush guards already on them. I was amazed at the quality of these brushes and I 100% believe they are better quality then sigma brushes. Unlike my sigma brushes I did not have any major problems with shedding from any of these brushes. 3 of the 5 face brushes are duo fiber which is the only complaint I have with the whole set, I would have liked to have seen a natural haired powder brush included, It would make this brush set complete. The face brushes included are:

Synthetic flat top buffer brush: Fantastic for foundation application. While it leaves a flawless finish, as with most flat top dense buffer brushes it does soak up foundation, so you will need more then if you used a traditional foundation brush

Large duo fiber rounded brush: I assume this meant to be for powder application, however I don't find it particularly useful for this purpose, it is hard to pick up powder even though this brush is very dense. I use this brush for liquid foundation application as well, it works amazing for water based foundations leaves no streaking and does not soak up much foundation

Angled contour brush: This brush is wonderfully soft and much denser then others I have used. Great for contouring your cheek bones.

Duo fiber blush brush. This is the brush that I wish was just natural fibers although it is great for applying cream blush.

Traditional foundation brush: Very soft brush feels amazing on your face and applies well.

Large fan brush: I have never owned a fan brush before so I can compare but this brush is again duo fiber works well for adding a high light or for adding powder under the eyes to avoid fallout.

Each and every eye brush is amazing there is not one that isn't useful. There is an amazing pencil brush in here that in my opinion is the closest thing I have used to the mac 219.

All in all I love this brush set and I think it is a great set for the price. I have heard other people saying that brush sets are not for experienced makeup users which in my opinion is pretty funny. I think most people would be very happy to own this little kit. I especially love the eye brushes. I just don't think you could find a better set for such an amazing price. If your after a brush set at a reasonable price then you should check these out. Coastal scents shipped them to me pretty quick, I'm in Australia and I received them in about a week.

Edit: As of now I have to change my recommendation for this brush set. After using and washing these brushes many times I had the large duo fiber powder brush completely fall apart like nothing I have ever seen before. I must say I treat my brushes really well so I was surprised when this started shedding all of a sudden, the more i used it and washed it the more it shed. When huge clumps of hair started coming out of this brush I had a close look at it and could see that it was getting very thin. The glue that holds brush hairs together started deteriorating causing enormous shedding. I had to throw it out, I wasn't prepared to keep using it on my face. All the other brushes work well still but I have to wonder if it will start happening to the rest of them with more use.