Kanebo KATE Mineral Cover BB Gel Cream SPF30 PA++

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i have this one in b shade which is lightest. my skin is light but this was too light for me. it is sheer so being a bit lighter would not be a problem but this is whitish and makes me look ghosthish. maybe it is designed to cover yellow tones and i am too pinkish for it. any way
pros
light and sheer, not oily and did not break my acne prone skin.
has a good spf
cons
does not have much coverage
staying powder is almost zero. does not stick to your skin. i can hardly keep it on my nose.
does no help to cover or calm redness on my skin which was my main issue. i can say garnier bb cream is much better than it in terms of calming redness and having an even skin tone.
looks cakey with powder on.
i bought it because of good reviews here but totally disappointed. I bought it from ebay as it is not available in my country. I thought item is not popular enough to have fakes around but i may be wrong.

This is my first BB Cream. I wasn't sure what to expect, foundation or tinted moisturizer. I see it's both. I have oily acne prone skin and this doesn't bother my skin at all. The coverage is nice and the finish is pretty natural looking. It's slightly orangey, but not terrible. I bought the D shade and it's almost perfect. Maybe I should have gotten the shade lighter. I'm going to try Lumene next, out of curiosity, since it got really good reviews as well.

Edit 5/13/13: I took one lippie off because of the slightly greasy residue left if you don't wash with soap - I like to just wipe my face with warm water when I get home & wash my face later when I shower... It's a pain to have to actually wash it off right when I get home from work.

Smooth, with good coverage, and look natural. I had 2 bb creams before, and both were too white/grey. Kate got 3 shades to choose from which is great. The lasting power was fine, not too oily like my previous bb cream. So far it didn't break me out.

EDIT: It's still a bit too oily for my combination skin.... Will get shiny after half a day. Occasionally broke me out. Not too serious though. In general a good BB cream still.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

the best bb cream ever beside brtc, love the coverage, make my skin look flawless. I use oc-c, I thought it would be too white for me but it blend perfectly... next time i'll buy oc-d tone

I've been experimenting with BB creams since the boom started...maybe around mid-2007. I've tried nearly all the most popular Korean brands BRTC first, followed by Dr. Jart, Skin79, and Skinfood. And, I've had the same problem with them all as well. Though, I am pretty fair at NC20, these BB creams did not match with my skintone at all. It looked as if I had an ashy/pink-grey mask on in real life. In pictures with flash, I looked sickly or rather deathly/rigor mortis-ish. On the other hand, Kate, a subsidiary of the Japanese Cosmetics brand Kanebo, has 3 shade options for its BB cream ranging from NC20-NC30. Coverage is medium at best and non-buildable. I am able to cover redness but people with acne scars, etc. may not be satisfied. Kate's BB cream seems to take away MY oiliness for about 4 to 5hrs tops which is awesome since my t-zone is so shiny, people can see their reflections in my face. For now, this is my HG and I wear it 24/7. I am a nurse so I need a no non-sense, quick, effective makeup regime and makeup that will withstand humid tropical weather (or hospital rooms without airconditioning). For me, this is it. My face looks good in pictures and I don't melt like MAC's sorry excuse for a BB cream (which is basically tinted moisturizer). For reference, I am a OC-B at NC20. I purchased a Kate BB Cream + Mineral powder set on promo for $22USD. The BB cream by itself costs just as much on its own.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I've been looking for a BB cream to use as an everyday makeup. It's winter season and my skin is too dry for the mineral powder I usually wear. It leaves dry patches and can look cakey. I wanted a face makeup that wasn't heavy, easy to apply for lazy makeup days, and looked natural. So I searched for BB cream.

Korean BB creams didn't work for me too well, because of the greyish hue to them. The Skin79 in the gold bottle was too light for me, so I ended up giving it my friend who loves it. That's when I started to search for Japanese BB creams, since they tend to be more yellow in tone which worked for my skin better.

I got a sample of the Kate BB gel cream in OC-C, which is a tad too light for me but still wearable. I used my hands to apply, but you could also use a stippling brush. The texture is rather gel-like and non-greasy. A little goes a long way with coverage ranging from sheer to medium, which is pretty impressive for a BB cream. You'll still need a concealer for a few imperfections though. The finish is on the matte side and it looks natural and non-cakey. Just the way I like it.

So far I really like this BB cream. Even after walking around in the cold winter air, it stays pretty intact. It doesn't rub off as easily as mineral foundation either. And it has SPF 30! Not sure how it will fair in summer weather when my skin starts to get more oily. I would probably need a setting powder for it. As for oil control it's so-so, since I still need to blot after 4 hours. The only downside is that it can emphasize dry patches, but it might be because I didn't moisturize or exfoliate my face before hand. I just slathered it on straight. I'll purchase the full size later, but in OC-D next time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE:
I was wondering if to give this one more lippie because if I use only a tiny bit of this, my skin looks good, but then I broke out a little bit and that lippie disappeared again *sigh*, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't fit others, becuse I quite recently discovered that ALL the things I've tried that have the word "mineral" in them break me out - I have no clue to what exact ingredient it may be though as there's no real definition for what "mineral" really is, as far as I know.
END OF UPDATE
Ummm... I really like BB creams; especially because my skin seems to like them because of the protection and moisture they give and also, that you can't see that I'm wearing makeup. I really hoped I would like this, but it's not the best BB cream I've tried. It doesn't feel like it hs as much silicones as the other I've tried, and it is a bit too dry for my skin type, making it look caked and obvious, even with a thin layer. I like my base makeup to be so natural looking and light that no one will be able to see that I actually have any on.
The colour I chose was OC-B, which is perfect for NC20-15 skin (I'm NC20 now and just put a little bit of bronzer over, but could probably get away even without). This is better suited for skin that isn't dehydrated or flaky and needs about light-medium coverage, although you can get quite a lot of coverage out of this.
This smells like Kanebo's Fluid Finish Foundation and has a similar finish, except for that Fluid Finish is a very thin liquid. This actually has a colour selection for yellow undertones, unlike Kanebo's liquid and cream foundations, and the price is way lower.
One thing I really didn't like with this is that, while "original" BB creams make my skin look dewy, this makes me look oily when my oils break through. This feels much more like a foundation than like a BB cream to me.
This would be ideal if you want a:
- foundation
- light-medium coverage
- have normal skin
- have yellow undertone
- like/want to try out Kanebo's Fluid Finish
Do I think this is a good foundation: yes, definitely. It's just not quite for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I usually don't like Japanese BB creams because they're always too dry or look too pale on me . However , this BB gel cream is definitely one of the best that I've tried ! The texture is a bit gel-like when you squeeze it out and becomes creamy when you spread it . It's fairly moisturizing and finishes with a semi-matte look so i'd say it works well for those with oily skin too . I'm an NC30/35 and the shade in OC-D suits me perfectly ! It has a yellow undertone to it so Asian girls might want to give this a try . It also has a buildable medium to high coverage and if you apply it by patting instead of rubbing it in you will look like you have no makeup on . Overall this is a good BB cream for daily use and the price is great too ! Will DEFINITELY repurchase when this runs out !

I love this bb cream! it has great coverage without the thick sticky feeling. It goes on really smooth and light, and my skins actually feels like its breathing. The best part is that it comes in 3 different shades. My skin feels softer and more moisturised after using this bb cream, and it doesnt cake. Its a little on the pricey side for a drugstore brand, but you get what you pay for, its worth its weight in gold.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has quickly become an HG. I am NC25 to 30 and I use the middle shade. I can also just about get away with the lightest shade but the medium is a better match. This is yellow based which is great for us Asian ladies. But not so yellow that I am jaundiced. I use very little of this, but it spreads very easily and covers very well. This almost replaces concealer for me. If you use more, I bet it builds to medium coverage. It clings to my combo skin ALL DAY. Eventually, oiliness does seep through, but the oil sits ON TOP. It doesn't cause the BB cream to separate and slide around my face. So, my skin is eventually oily, but it still looks damn good, if you see what I mean. I have also used the Kanebo Fresh C BB cream, which is a bit more expensive, but it is much thicker, less natural and too white/pink, which is a bad look. This is awesome! I got this in a pack with a free powder, but would pay full price.