October 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

BB Cream - Kanebo - KATE Mineral Cover BB Gel Cream SPF30 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by mayaglover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the best bb cream ever beside brtc, love the coverage, make my skin look flawless. I use oc-c, I thought it would be too white for me but it blend perfectly... next time i'll buy oc-d tone

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by applesforcheeks

I've been experimenting with BB creams since the boom started...maybe around mid-2007. I've tried nearly all the most popular Korean brands BRTC first, followed by Dr. Jart, Skin79, and Skinfood. And, I've had the same problem with them all as well. Though, I am pretty fair at NC20, these BB creams did not match with my skintone at all. It looked as if I had an ashy/pink-grey mask on in real life. In pictures with flash, I looked sickly or rather deathly/rigor mortis-ish. On the other hand, Kate, a subsidiary of the Japanese Cosmetics brand Kanebo, has 3 shade options for its BB cream ranging from NC20-NC30. Coverage is medium at best and non-buildable. I am able to cover redness but people with acne scars, etc. may not be satisfied. Kate's BB cream seems to take away MY oiliness for about 4 to 5hrs tops which is awesome since my t-zone is so shiny, people can see their reflections in my face. For now, this is my HG and I wear it 24/7. I am a nurse so I need a no non-sense, quick, effective makeup regime and makeup that will withstand humid tropical weather (or hospital rooms without airconditioning). For me, this is it. My face looks good in pictures and I don't melt like MAC's sorry excuse for a BB cream (which is basically tinted moisturizer). For reference, I am a OC-B at NC20. I purchased a Kate BB Cream + Mineral powder set on promo for $22USD. The BB cream by itself costs just as much on its own.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

So I've been looking for a BB cream to use as an everyday makeup. It's winter season and my skin is too dry for the mineral powder I usually wear. It leaves dry patches and can look cakey. I wanted a face makeup that wasn't heavy, easy to apply for lazy makeup days, and looked natural. So I searched for BB cream.

Korean BB creams didn't work for me too well, because of the greyish hue to them. The Skin79 in the gold bottle was too light for me, so I ended up giving it my friend who loves it. That's when I started to search for Japanese BB creams, since they tend to be more yellow in tone which worked for my skin better.

I got a sample of the Kate BB gel cream in OC-C, which is a tad too light for me but still wearable. I used my hands to apply, but you could also use a stippling brush. The texture is rather gel-like and non-greasy. A little goes a long way with coverage ranging from sheer to medium, which is pretty impressive for a BB cream. You'll still need a concealer for a few imperfections though. The finish is on the matte side and it looks natural and non-cakey. Just the way I like it.

So far I really like this BB cream. Even after walking around in the cold winter air, it stays pretty intact. It doesn't rub off as easily as mineral foundation either. And it has SPF 30! Not sure how it will fair in summer weather when my skin starts to get more oily. I would probably need a setting powder for it. As for oil control it's so-so, since I still need to blot after 4 hours. The only downside is that it can emphasize dry patches, but it might be because I didn't moisturize or exfoliate my face before hand. I just slathered it on straight. I'll purchase the full size later, but in OC-D next time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
I was wondering if to give this one more lippie because if I use only a tiny bit of this, my skin looks good, but then I broke out a little bit and that lippie disappeared again *sigh*, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't fit others, becuse I quite recently discovered that ALL the things I've tried that have the word "mineral" in them break me out - I have no clue to what exact ingredient it may be though as there's no real definition for what "mineral" really is, as far as I know.
END OF UPDATE
Ummm... I really like BB creams; especially because my skin seems to like them because of the protection and moisture they give and also, that you can't see that I'm wearing makeup. I really hoped I would like this, but it's not the best BB cream I've tried. It doesn't feel like it hs as much silicones as the other I've tried, and it is a bit too dry for my skin type, making it look caked and obvious, even with a thin layer. I like my base makeup to be so natural looking and light that no one will be able to see that I actually have any on.
The colour I chose was OC-B, which is perfect for NC20-15 skin (I'm NC20 now and just put a little bit of bronzer over, but could probably get away even without). This is better suited for skin that isn't dehydrated or flaky and needs about light-medium coverage, although you can get quite a lot of coverage out of this.
This smells like Kanebo's Fluid Finish Foundation and has a similar finish, except for that Fluid Finish is a very thin liquid. This actually has a colour selection for yellow undertones, unlike Kanebo's liquid and cream foundations, and the price is way lower.
One thing I really didn't like with this is that, while "original" BB creams make my skin look dewy, this makes me look oily when my oils break through. This feels much more like a foundation than like a BB cream to me.
This would be ideal if you want a:
- foundation
- light-medium coverage
- have normal skin
- have yellow undertone
- like/want to try out Kanebo's Fluid Finish
Do I think this is a good foundation: yes, definitely. It's just not quite for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by BomGirl21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually don't like Japanese BB creams because they're always too dry or look too pale on me . However , this BB gel cream is definitely one of the best that I've tried ! The texture is a bit gel-like when you squeeze it out and becomes creamy when you spread it . It's fairly moisturizing and finishes with a semi-matte look so i'd say it works well for those with oily skin too . I'm an NC30/35 and the shade in OC-D suits me perfectly ! It has a yellow undertone to it so Asian girls might want to give this a try . It also has a buildable medium to high coverage and if you apply it by patting instead of rubbing it in you will look like you have no makeup on . Overall this is a good BB cream for daily use and the price is great too ! Will DEFINITELY repurchase when this runs out !

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by fwasteland

I love this bb cream! it has great coverage without the thick sticky feeling. It goes on really smooth and light, and my skins actually feels like its breathing. The best part is that it comes in 3 different shades. My skin feels softer and more moisturised after using this bb cream, and it doesnt cake. Its a little on the pricey side for a drugstore brand, but you get what you pay for, its worth its weight in gold.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rubyice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has quickly become an HG. I am NC25 to 30 and I use the middle shade. I can also just about get away with the lightest shade but the medium is a better match. This is yellow based which is great for us Asian ladies. But not so yellow that I am jaundiced. I use very little of this, but it spreads very easily and covers very well. This almost replaces concealer for me. If you use more, I bet it builds to medium coverage. It clings to my combo skin ALL DAY. Eventually, oiliness does seep through, but the oil sits ON TOP. It doesn't cause the BB cream to separate and slide around my face. So, my skin is eventually oily, but it still looks damn good, if you see what I mean. I have also used the Kanebo Fresh C BB cream, which is a bit more expensive, but it is much thicker, less natural and too white/pink, which is a bad look. This is awesome! I got this in a pack with a free powder, but would pay full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Vynro

I can't compare with other brands of BB cream as this is my first go at it. However having used it for a couple of days I felt that it was worth the price. For reference, my skin is a little on the dry side when the weather changes and although I generally don't get acne I do have little flaws here and there. I used to cover these up with stick concealer, but then I came across this and it claimed to be cream, sunscreen and foundation all in one bottle. So, based on my experience:

PRICE/PACKAGING - I got this for 110HKD without a discount, and the whole 30g comes in a smallish black squirty bottle thing.

COLOUR/TEXTURE- this comes in 3 colours alone and although I bought the middly shade they call 'natural', I found it lighter than expected. They call it BB Gel Cream but I don't really see where the gel part comes in, as it comes out quite thick and creamy. Although it might feel quite heavy on the skin at first, after it settles in it becomes quite light and I don't get my pores clogged up. However despite the fact that it claims to function as cream as well, I recommend using good moisturiser beforehand anyways, especially for those with drier skin.

COVERAGE - this offers brilliant coverage and was exactly what I was looking for. It combines foundation and concealer and shortens my morning routine. For just daily use however, I just use this as highlights over a light powder base.

APPLICATION/STAYING POWER - this goes on quite smooth and blends easily. I recommend using a brush or sponge for easier application and ensuring that you don't waste the product by having your hands absorbing the cream. After it settles in, it sticks very very close to skin giving a natural look and manages to cover all your flaws whilst matching your skin tone, providing you picked the right shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I received a week's worth of sample packets of this BB cream by surprise from a friend in Japan. I didn't think of trying the BB cream from KATE but I liked their eyeshadows enough that I decided to give the BB cream samples a try during the past week and actually found myself wanting the full-size tube.

I was already using another Japanese-brand Hadalabo BB Moist Cream, which has a yellow tint and is generally sheer coverage. KATE BB Gel Cream is very similar to the BB cream from Hadalabo as far as the eye can tell, since I can't read Japanese fluently and the labels are almost entirely in Japanese. They're also about the same price, USD$15–$20. KATE's BB also has a yellow tint, which is nice compared to most Korean BB creams like from MISSHA, which have a grayish cast to them. Both KATE and Hadalabo BB creams give a healthy glow to the skin without looking unnaturally pale.

There are a few major differences between KATE's and Hadalabo's BB creams. Hadalabo's BB cream is sheer, whereas KATE's BB cream can be built to medium coverage. It's also a thicker formula than any of the Hadalabo formulas. The lasting power of KATE's BB cream is also longer, at least 6 hours whereas Hadalabo may have disappeared at 6 hours. Lastly, KATE's oil control seems to be better than that of Hadalabo's.

However, KATE BB cream comes in only three shades in the same gel cream formula. The three shades are Ochre B, Ochre C, and Ochre D, with B being the lightest shade and Ochre D at around medium. Hadalabo has only two shades, but three different formulas depending on the skin type. I have been lucky that neither have broken me out in acne, and they're both lightweight on the skin. I recommend this for all skin types, including those combo to oily types.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No