Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

on 3/18/2015 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I did really like this product at first, it applied nice and evenly and the pointed felt tip made it easy to draw a nice cat eye flick. However, after a couple of weeks, the liner started becoming quite blunt so it would sometimes look a bit smudged on my eyelids. Also, the coverage isn't as good as it was initially, I have to keep adding a few coats and after a while it can look a bit watery, but that is probably because I have oily eyelids. A seemingly decent product when I first bought it, but for me it definitely doesn't last very long!

on 3/13/2015 6:36:00 PM

This eyeliner does not fade at all. It is very black, doesn't skip when applying either. Keep in mind that I don't do Wings so I can't comment on that but I love it and will repurchase.

Edit: I have tried this over eyeshadow, and yes it is true that it doesn't work well over it. I only use it to make a fine line. Makes my lashes look fuller.

on 3/1/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wasn't expecting much from a drugstore eyeliner, but I was very pleasantly surprised with Master Precise! I tried much more expensive eyeliners, but I think this performed better than a lot of them, and it's much cheaper! I used to use Stila Stay All Day liquid liner and it worked great for about two weeks and then the tip dried out and stopped working (and this liner costs about $30 here in Canada). I've been using Master Precise daily for over two months now and it has not dried up yet! The color stays put all day long and doesn't smudge or run, it's easy to remove, and I find it easy to make a precise line and little flicks and wings. I think I'll be sticking with Master Precise from now on!

on 3/1/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't recommend this eyeliner if you have watery eyes or oily eye lids. I find it smears very easily and transfers onto your upper lid. I did like that it's a very skinny felt tip with opaque color. I wish there was a waterproof version.

on 2/23/2015 11:22:00 AM

Okay update: I thought I loved this. The first few days I really did. But the first few days I put this on naked lids, the past couple days I've been wearing eyeshadow and this product does not work well with eyeshadow. The felt tip drags, and almost dries a little when the shadow touches it. Because I have to apply more pressure when using this product with eyeshadow, the tip bends, so then my precise thin line spreads and makes for a longer application process with me having to fix all the mistakes. All in all, I'm sticking with my line stilleto, it's way better even if I have to wear my liner thicker, which I do anyways.

Overall these is a "meh" liner, Wouldnt repurchase. After tubes and tubes of my HG NYC liquid liner, I wanted to try something marker like, as I have trouble doing a cat eye with a brush as on the NYC one. This liner makes a cat eye seem so easy, the applicator is perfection. The tip is so fine. HOWEVER, there is a con. The actual product itself is not carbon black. and if you touch your eye by mistake or so, it just smudges. For example, I use my lash curler after my liner, and just mere contact of the curler with this liner on my eyelid will make it look grey-ish (smuged). Amazing applicator but below par product. I definitely put black eyeshadow over this because of that, and once setm it doesnt bother me atall. If you have oily lids or watery eyes; this product is not recommended, it comes right off in a not so pretty way. However, Ill use this product up and try out different cat eyes while Im at it ;)

on 2/17/2015 2:56:00 PM

I don't know why I bought this eyeliner twice. It's good at the beginning, but after 3-4 weeks after using it almost every second day, it completly dried out. But it's really good at first...

This is the only liquid liner I've ever been able to wear. I've just gotten into makeup and for a total beginner I found the felt tip very easy to work with! This is the only liner for me. I've tried everything.

on 2/7/2015 1:36:00 AM

I DO NOT recommend this liner! I typically love felt tip liners, but this one is just terrible. The felt gets very flimsy very quickly which makes application awkward and difficult. I found that from the beginning, there was little to no product at the tip and it was all focused at the base. That being said, I can still ultimately get a decent line in the end (just takes a bit more time than usual). Once it's on however, it does NOT stay on and after about 30-60 mins of wear, it fades to a dull grey. It also smudges and slides around like no other! I wouldn't say that my eye lids are particularly oily, but the way the product moves around would make you believe otherwise. Every time I wear this liner, I end up with it all over my eye lids and lower brow bone and no matter what I do to try and prevent it from happening it still smudges.

Basically, don't waste your money! It may be relatively inexpensive, but there are far better drugstore alternatives out there!!

on 2/7/2015 12:28:00 AM

This has been a dream come true for me! I can wear this all day and it doesn't look cracked, smudgy or grossly faded. The long tip and tapered end makes it great for drawing on super sharp points and thin lines. I wouldn't go for this if you're a complete eyeliner beginner though - it's can be quite difficult to correct mistakes once it's on.
Comes off easily with cleanser & a cotton pad or cleansing wipes.