Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

on 6/3/2015 7:53:00 AM

this eyeliner is a staple for me!

i've been using the master precise liner for about two years and it has honestly been my best friend. the tip is so fine that you can get a flawless winged eye in like two seconds, however if you've got a bit of a shaky hand you might have to apply with care. i personally find that it lasts pretty much all day on me without a primer, which is fab. it looks amazing when you use it to draw a super thin line at the base of the top lashes.

my one complaint is that this tip of the liner seems to dry up a little too quickly. i haven't had much experience with other felt tip liners so i'm not sure how long they should generally last, but within about three weeks' time the tip draws fainter line. with frequent use, the liner itself lasts about 4 months until it becomes unusable, but it isn't as good without the really defined effect of the tip if that makes sense.

however, you can get this for under $AUD13 at some pharmacies so it's a complete steal considering the quality!

pros:
- lasts all day
- superfine tip makes for a perfect application
- great value for money

cons:
- if you have a shaky hand, this might be tricky for you to apply
- the tip dries up within a few weeks of frequent use, making application less defined

on 5/20/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this. i go through them really quickly though. but theyre good for the price. they are easy to use and long lasting (not waterproof though). but for this price point i think they can't be beaten

on 5/15/2015 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've tried more expensive high end products but is by far the best. The long and thin tip is amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG eyeliner and the first product from maybelline that I'm actually happy with (in my 20 years of make-up) I had given up on liquid/felt tips as they usually dry too fast. I used high end and drugstore eyeliners, actually bought some over and over, they always dried up too fast and mostly smudged on my upper lid/sides. Same with gel-liners, too much smudging going on (watery eyes and sort of a hooded lid)

This doesn't do any of that. It's very wet and super easy to apply, stays in place all day and is 1/3 the price of eyeko's eyedo. Makes me a little angry thinking I bought so many tubes of that stuff. But I'm happy I found this little gem.

Btw the brown shade is to die for, I knew brown eyeliner is more flattering on pale complexions but it is hard to find a great eyeliner that also comes in a nice brown, this one again didn't disapoint. A very deep blackened cool brown, if you are a fair gal give that a try.

on 4/24/2015 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The application of this eyeliner is pretty solid. The tip is thin enough to get really precise lines, which I like.

Having classes at 8:30am usually means I either sleep through them or I yawn like crazy. I get pretty teary sometimes because of this, and this eyeliner just doesn't do well under those conditions. It smudges VERY easily, and tends to give me raccoon eyes whenever my lids get a little oily or I try to wipe away the tears. Overall, not that great of a product and I don't think I'll be buying this one again.

on 4/23/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first eyeliner and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Swatching it on my hand it looked highly pigmented, but once I applied it above my eyelashes it looked really dull, as if I'd just used a pencil. Wiped off pretty easily. After a few hours of wear it was noticeably smudged. Dried out pretty quickly as well (I've read that you should store it tip down). Shocking to me considering how many people love it.

on 4/17/2015 2:09:00 AM

So I've been takin a break from my pretty-much-HG liquid liner, L'Oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black (duh) for a little while to try pen style liners. I really appreciate that in the package this liner is stored and shelves upside-down. That just makes sense and thank you, maybelline. It's a good, dark black and the tip is pretty flexible (not quite as much as Lineur Intense, but that's one of the things that sets that one apart for me). I like that the cap snaps tightly, also. Liner doesn't stay dark black all day though and comes off easily when touched in any way so touch-ups are a must, but definitely not the worst I've tried.

on 4/13/2015 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Really good liner! Mine is a bit old so the ink looks faded, but it makes lining eyes so easy!

on 4/4/2015 10:22:00 AM

This eyeliner makes my eyes look amazing. It doesn't crease. perfect for dramatic winged effect.

Edit: this eyeliner is already dried out. Completely useless. Will defiantly not buy again.

on 4/3/2015 6:38:00 PM

I got this product so I could do all these crazy-cool makeup techniques to make my eyes look big like manga/anime. When I took the cap off, the was all dry and had hardly any product on the felt. I swipped it across my hand and the tip had absolutely nothing on it and all the product was at the base which wasn't helpful at all. The reason why I got it as so make fine designs with the tip. I tryed shaking it and the ink just flew everywhere when I took the lid off. It was a disaster! I got it all over my face and shirt. I Even tried cleaning it up and It smudged everywhere and made my counter top a watery. dark, black mess. Though, after shaking, I did get a wet tip. I tried using it on my eye and it slowly went back to becoming dry again. In the end I just gave up. Every eyeliner I use, usually ends up being dry! It's very frustrating.