April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Almond Shower Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Up until now, I only tried the travel size of this shower oil. This makes my bathroom and me smell heavenly. I just caved in and bought the 16.9 oz holiday size from the store. It was definitely worth the price paid ($36, compared to the original price $48). I layer this with the skin oil and the milk veil or concentrate milk, and I end up smelling great all day. My boyfriend has told me I smell good (numerous times, he has said that not just with this stuff but also with Britney Spear's Fantasy perfume) when I end up wearing this, so as you can see this is a good product. I love the whole almond line from L'occitane and I hope they do not get rid of it (because I don't know what I would do without it LOL).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I found this was really great for shaving, especially my legs. It doesn't leave them dry and it doesn't drag or tug. I really liked this product. It is not greasy and smells nice (not cloying and annoying).

I got a sample and I am considering buying this product, but the price tag is a little much for my budget, especially for shaving. I will probably look for a dupe, but if you have the money I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, I will buy it again, I know, it is very expensive ($24). At the store I thought, ok, smells good enough, but nothing great, but everyone loves it so much, let`s buy it. OMG, I am so glad I did, once you take a shower, the smell is heavenly! (Not almonds for me but something sweet and nutty, haha). And the oil turns into a white foam instantly, once it touches the water. It doesn`t dry my skin out at all. Oh, yes, I will buy it again, I kinda got addicted to it, can`t wait to take a shower! :-))) The only downside (besides the $24!!!) is that the scent doesn`t stay on your skin after the shower. So I might buy the body oil or body lotion (ridiculous for $44), so I might stick to the oil. I wish they made this into a fragrance, I don`t know WHY haven`t they??? :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by girliegirl81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never tried a shower oil before, and after seeing all of the reviews by beauty bloggers on YouTube, I had to try this. I was surprised that it was not oily at all, but lathered up nicely. It left my skin feeling super soft and not at all dry, tight or itchy. I plan on using this through the winter when my skin is at it's driest.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by reviews2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive dry skin and this product did not work well on moisturizing my skin, it felt really dry. The scent is fantastic but the packaging is a joke. They charge you a lot for this product, you would only expect that they did not save a buck in the packaging, it is soo cheap. Did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by sabbyoh

Ok so this product is amazing and if I was rolling in the $$$ I would use this constantly and my skin would perpetually be as soft as a baby's ass, unfortunately I'm not and I have to accept my skin will only be as soft as a baby's ass for about a month after christmas and maybe my birthday, if i am lucky. I cannot justify purchasing this on the regular for myself, even though I want to. It just runs out too quickly and then I cry at having washed all my money down the shower drain. But it really is lovely and if I won the lottery I'd be soaping myself up with this shit mornin' n night.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Mochoo

This is definitely a luxurious product! Buy if you enjoy luxurious skin care and is a fan of Loccitane. Overall, very nice and gentle. I purchased it online for under $35 and have only started using it and can say that I would purchase again, provided that I don't get bored by the end of the bottle of course.

It has a very nice gentle almond fragrance. It comes out literally like oil (vegetable oil). Maybe because this is my first time trying out shower oil, so it did take a bit of time to get used to at first. I was using Clarins Tonic Bath & Shower Concentrate, and it was definitely much thicker than this one. I like how it actually thickens once it mixes with water, and so it when on the skin it actually feels like it's working. I think shower oils are designed to be moisturising, but I can't say that this one has particular moisturising effect. In fact, I can't tell the difference. However, at least it is not dehydrating my skin, which is good! I also like how the bottle is clear so I know how much is left. I've used it a few times now, just drizzling on my hand and then lathering it on - I'm afraid using a sponge will absorb it all seeing as it's quite thin (like vegetable oil) - and it seems like I haven't used much at all. So I think the bottle, though only 200ml, will actually last for a while.

On the down side... as I already mentioned earlier, it's a bit too runny at first. The fragrance is also not lasting. Once you stay in the shower for a bit longer or once you get out of the shower, you no longer smell like sweet sweet almond. Also, the flip top opening of the bottle is little inconvenient to use the in the shower. I personally prefer pumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as a trial size with some other products I bought and was a little apprehensive to use it at first as I haven't gotten on with other oil based products before. But this one is sooooo different! It foams up really nicely, smells divine and leaves your skin feeling amazingly soft all day. I've used this as a bit of a luxury foot wash too and my feet definitely thanked me for it. I've now got a full-sized bottle to try and can't wait to use it!