Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

4.1

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

My powder is in the shade 52 Vanille, which suits an NC/NW/20/25 skin. It is neutral toned, leaning yellow.

It comes in gorgeous vibrant pink packaging which always makes me a little happier to look at. It's plastic, but has a nice weight to it, and it's quite sturdy. The closure is safe and doesn't feel fragile whatsoever. This lives in my hand bag and was never damaged. It comes with 0.32oz/9g of product.

So, basically, I have combination skin. My cheeks are very oily but the entire area around my mouth is quite dry, as well as my under eyes (great, I'll age gracefully). I was looking for a lighter powder in terms of consistency, that wouldn't emphasize my fine lines and that would be more forgiving to my dry areas. I came across this, which was recommend by many people as a good powder for people with dry skin. Well, I'm not sure about that.
I do find this a lot lighter than the previous powder I was using (which was from a brazilian brand). This actually looks beautiful on my cheeks or anywhere I don't have a lot of dryness. But on the areas I mentioned, it still highlights the dry patches and the lines.
I agree I was probably expecting too much from this: a powder is a powder. What can you do? It's not dry skin friendly! You may wonder why I feel the need to use it, but that's because I highlight these areas with concealer and it needs to be set. I did consider getting a loose powder, but it's too messy, and as much as I would love to try Hourglass' Ambient Lighting powders, it's so not on my budget.
This powder contains barely any coverage at all, by the way.
It also doesn't behave very well on my cheeks in terms of oil controlling, so although I can't confirm this is good for dry skin, I can tell you it's bad for oily skin.
I don't really know that 'glow' Bourjois is talking about on the packaging, though. This doesn't leave a glow. It just doesn't mattify enough.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this for someone with normal-ish skin, who isn't particularly looking for oil control and also doesn't suffer from severe dry patches. If you don't like the overly matte look and just want to lightly set your foundation, give it a shot. If you have fine lines, search for something else, maybe something silica based if you don't find it too drying.

Oh, by the way, this does contain a fruity smell to it, which is very unnecessary but not unpleasant in any way. I'm acne prone and this doesn't break me out.

Love this powder, I have it in the shade 52 vanilla (the lightest shade) for setting under my eyes, and the shade 54 for setting my face makeup. I honestly love this, it is not too matte and drying for under my eyes, but keeps my T-zone shine free for the majority of the day, and I love the price point and smell !! I prefer this over my Mac and Urban Decay powders, and will continue to purchase. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, as the colour is quite obnoxiously bright

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've never been drawn to the Bourjois makeup line but I decided to try this powder as I was looking for something that didn't leave such a matte finish as my LM Universal setting powder. (I'd probably still use that in the summer)

I didn't want to spend a fortune at Chanel for their highly touted powders so I decided that Bourjois would be a good alternative. (they're both owned by the same company)

The Healthy Balance Unifying powder is finely milled and gives a nice finish to my foundation or tinted moisturizer without looking dry or 'powdery'. It leaves my t-zone relatively oil free for the most of the day, with a slight touch up after mid day. I don't notice a fragrance which is great as I'm sensitive to fragrances.

The no. 53 is a perfect match for my NC30 skin tone.

It retails for $24 CAD at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Canada.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I've been on the hunt for a non comedogenic powder as my skin is acne prone, this one is amazing. The coverage is medium, I have lots of small hyperpigmentation acne marks and this alone covers them really well. I don't use anything else, just this powder, because I'm lazy. My skin is very oily and I would usually have to powder again 2-3 times during the day but with this powder I don't have to, my skin stays nice all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love this pressed powder to set my foundation. Very finely milled and excellent quality for the price. I've been using it now for about 3 years and keep repurchasing it! I have normal skin with a slightly oily t zone and I've been very satisfied with it :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this powder. I have it in the shade "Vanilla-52" and it's perfect for my NW15/20 skintone. It's a bit pricey for a "drugstore" brand (in Canada, Bourjois is sold at Shoppers Drug Mart) and I wish there was a bit more product in the pan but these are minor complaints. This stuff makes my skin look SO nice. I often wear it without foundation - just my moisturizer with SPF and then this powder - and it hides a lot of my imperfections and makes my skin look velvety and really nice. I apply with a larger sized powder brush and the effect is so nice. This just might replace a lot of my more pricey powders like MAC MSF Natural and Studio Careblend. The prices of those 2 powders seems to have climbed considerably since I first started using them so it's nice to have a really good quality replacement at a lower cost.

Really great powder that sets your makeup but leaves a glow. Goes great with my healthy mix serum foundation in shade 52. Love the smell and the texture, only complaint is that is does tend to let my oil creep through after 3/4 hours. But all round good product!

Shade: 55 Beige Fonce (dark beige) My Skin: Medium/Combination

A very nice powder, that works well on my medium (plus fake tanned) skin tone. It would be way too dark for me in the winter months.
It is very Silky to touch and finely milled. It has a sort of fruity scent, but you don't really notice this once its applied to the face.
The powder is much finer than my old Rimmel Stay Matte (which is fantastic & cheap), and somehow really makes my face look brighter.
I thought my face was a bit shiny by the end of the day (9 hours), but when I touched my face it was dry, so i presume it is the "glow" that looked a tiny bit shiney, but it still looked pretty.
I know it says it gives a "healthy glow" on the package, but I wasn't really expecting to actualy notice any difference from my usual powder, but I really can see the difference and it makes my skin look lovely.
Very slimline packaging with a mirror, but absolutely no space for a compact sponge, which is a bit annoying if you want to take it with you, but fine for in the makeup box at home using a brush or a puff.
I have very sensitive skin, and have had no problems using this so far.
I love it and will deffinately repurchse it.

This is a lovely little powder. Good sized mirror, natural shade and a nice finish

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Bottom line: Wonderful little compact and a great powder. Matte but not dull. My oils do break though towards the middle of the day but I just re-powder and its all good. This fits so nicely in my purse I'm absolutely in love with it. I used the rimmel stay matte powder for years before this and now I'm totally convinced.

Recommended for Normal Skin