October 24, 2014 | 1458 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by copperfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most amazing compact powder ever. I use it in 56 - Hale Claire and it suits my skin tone perfectly, its hard to find such a perfect match. Sometimes I use it over my foundation or BB Cream, sometimes on its own. It keeps my face matte for my 8-9 hour work day. I also used it when I was on holiday in Budapest in the Summer (40 degrees celcius) and my face looked so fresh in the pictures, even at the end of the day. I think it does last the 10 hours that it claims. I also love the cute red packaging. Its also quite sturdy considering that I dropped the powder from chest height and the packaging did not break. I already have a backup but will definitely repurchase when I run through that one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

Just like the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation (original) and the Healthy Mix Serum version, this powder provides a very fresh, fruity smell that I really enjoy. The smell goes away after application and doesn't linger, so for those concerned about the smell, there is nothing to worry about. I must admit, I really hate the packaging for this product. It is so flimsy and "cheap" feeling that I am almost turned off from re-purchasing this compact despite the finish that it provides. On my "bad" skin days I will use this powder as I feel it provides the coverage I am looking for to cover any redness in my skin. I am Asian with yellow under-tones and in MAC I am between NC25-30 and use shade #53 in Bourjois. The upside is that the packaging is extremely slim and therefore will fit into any make-up bag or handbag with ease. This product doesn't come with a powder puff so you will either have to pack one/ a brush in your make-up bag/handbag. I'm a tiny bit disappointed in this product considering the foundations in this range work so well for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

This product didn't break me out. It smells fruity like all their healthy mix products, which doesn't bother me at all. I love the fruity smell.

It's a good light coverage powder I love using it with bb cream and healthy mix foundation. the packaging is red and slim.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by awsmsauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC25 to NC30 for MAC and I use 53 (Beige Clair/ Light Beige) for the healthy mix gel foundation, but I'm a 52 (Vanille/ Vanilla) in this. I have acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out, doesn't cake, and is mattifying. It glides on well and it's staying power is fine (nowhere near 10 hours though) but doesn't provide much coverage at all. I use this on my T-zone over my foundation and under my eyes, over my concealer, or alone just to even out my skintone.

It's in a thin packaging that comes with a mirror but not an applicator (you won't be able to fit a sponge in it either!) so I just wash my hands and touch up in the washroom. One of the better powders I've used and I definitely would repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

oh my gosh i hate this. DO NOT GET THIS IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. i really wanted to love it because among drugstore brands bourjois is on the expensive end, and when i swatched this in the store the powder was so finely milled and felt silky on my skin so i bought it even though it was expensive because it claimed it could help me stay matte for 10 hours. plus i liked the healthy mix serum foundation.

10 hours my ass. it didn't even last 2 hours. and i'm talking about even during winter when my face isn't really that oily. when i first applied it on my face i loved it but my face got so oily afterwards. my skin isn't really that oily but because i live under a warm and humid climate my face tends to oil up easily during summer. this is a huge no for me. i rarely hate a product to this extent. the amount of shine on my face really embarrassed me. i tossed it after trying it out for about 6 months. this is just not the powder for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by delias29

Have acne-prone, pimply, combination dehydrated skin.
I wear powder foundation because of the weather which is hot and humid all year round. This powder is great in this case because it's lightweight and doesn't crease in my lines. (other powder foundations crease in my laugh lines within a couple of hours - unattractive)
Light to medium coverage. They claim it's 10h wear - no it doesn't last that long but it's reasonable wear (5hours).
This works great in evening the skin tone if I pat it on with a sponge. I tend to go over the same spots a couple of time in a patting motion and that gives me quite a good coverage. Doesn't cover zits entirely with just powder alone, still see some purpleness peeking through when used on its own.

Pros: really lives up to name, healthy balance - through the day when I start to get shiny, it's an acceptable sheen. Love the smell of the powder! Thin packaging is easy to slip into purses. Compact lasts a long time, months and months.

Cons: I can't get my shade here, they only stock a few shades that run a little dark. Does not have spf.

Have gone through two compacts. Would continue to repurchase if they stock my shade here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I have this in the shade 52 vanilla. The colour is perfect, it is quite yellow and that is what I look for to counteract the redness in my face. My previous face powder was the Clarins mineral powder. This compares as follows to the much more expensive Clarins: shade � Bourjois just about trumps Clarins (more of a neutral yellow shade). Mattifying power � the Clarins was just about useless in this respect so Bourjois is better. It does hold reasonably matte during the day, and I normally do get quite shiny very quickly. Finish � this is what lets the Bourjois powder down: it has quite a dry, powdery finish and emphasises any dry flakes on my skin. It also goes on cakey if I put on too much. It has a lot of coverage, even too much as I like my powders on the sheer side. The packaging is also annoying as it does not accommodate any kind of puff. I have used this powder for a couple of weeks now, and based on this though I think it is decent especially for the price, I would not repurchase. *** UPDATE: This is so drying. I am convinced it has contributed to my skin flaking, not just exacerbated existing flakes. I never had this problem with Clarins.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

Overall, an okay powder but not one that I would repurchase especially given that it is pricier than most drugstore foundations.

Product: I use this above primer as a powder foundation. I apply it with a powder brush (Elf flat top foundation brush) and it goes on well. The powder is quite fine so it doesn't look cakey at all.

Staying power: It definitely does not last the whole day or even 10 hours and it streaks a little as its fading. For reference, I have normal combo skin and I only apply this on my cheeks and temples. I tend to touch my face alot so that could be why it fades quite quickly although I've never had this problem with other foundations.

Shades:I love that the foundations shades have some yellow undertones so the colour matches my skintone really well. I'm a tan Asian so its not easy to find a good match for foundations.

Packaging: The packaging is sleek and easy to carry around. However, because it does not come with a sponge, you'll have to carry a brush along as well. Also the packaging is really sturdy. I dropped mine this morning from about chest height and both the powder and the packaging is fine.

I would repurchase this if I ran out of my HG (Milani Multitasker) and needed a quick backup. But as a product itself, the product does not justify the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by purple_passion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I both love and hate this powder. I love that it appears on the face smoothly and doesn't cake on my NYX HD foundation or on the bourjois foundie of the same variant. It is matte for about an hour only but turns out dewy-looking after 2hrs or so. A lot of people compliment my makeup that it looks good even hours after application. I use #52, (i am NC20 on mac) but it appears grayish after applying but turns out ok when my oil starts to come out. Weird but I can live with it. Hahaha i need to always reapply it but it doesn't cake at all! I like the packaging, its sturdy and the product didn't turned to powder when it accidentally slipped in my palm! Only the pan was detached on the compact! But on my second pan, i broke out like crazy and I stopped using it for a while. But other than that, i really like this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by rhildo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While this is on the pricier side for a 'drugstore' powder, it is definitely worth it. I bought this on a whim as part of a boots 3 for 2 deal despite the fact that I have always used Rimmel Stay Matte before, and I was not disappointed! Firstly, the packaging is nice, although not as beautiful as some high end ones, it feels sturdy and has a really nice mirror in. It has a light coverage that is useful for touch ups when a cheeky bit of redness peaks through my foundation and I am enjoying the finish - not too matte, but stops you looking shiny. Plus it is non comediogenic etc, so practically good for you...

I personally like the scent, which is quite light and fruity, although I accept that some people may not. Give it a sniff first if you want, but even if you don't like it, it doesn't last.