Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

3.9

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 1/15/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This powder doesn't really cover blemishes, but it does leave my face feeling smooth and gives me a natural look, not cakey or too powdery. It has a nice fragrance to it and blends nicely. The downfall is the packaging. It doesn't come with a puff and even if you were to purchase one on your own, it wouldn't fit in the compact. They should really change this cheap packaging. Other then that, I like it and will probably continue to purchase it.

on 1/12/2014 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

One of my favourite settings powders. The packaging is slim, so easy to take with you. The powder itself is silky and feels finely milled. It's good to apply throughout the day to mattify your face as it applies no colour. Overall a must have in my purse.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Really great powder,has a fruity smell just like the foundations and concealer,i have all of it in the shade 52 vanilla. Keeps make up on my face for a pretty good amount of time,i have to touch up a bit if i wear it all day because i tend to get little oily.
Love the slim and compact packaging.
I would def buy it again.

on 10/21/2013 4:19:00 PM

I have tried so many setting powders and have never found anything to compare to this one. It lasts forever in the pan, staying power on my face is amazing when added to my 24 hour foundation (revlon colorstay whipped) nothing beats this mix for me. High high coverage and keeps my bronzer and blush true to tone all day. Smells amazing too. Will repurchase for a long long time.

on 10/4/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this at a Galerie Lafayette in France after somehow losing my Palladio blotting papers in a London nightclub (ah, the life!). I'll admit to knowing next to nothing about Bourjois, just that the "ultra fine and melting texture" of this powder sounded great and the "Asian fruit therapy" part was appealing. No. 55 Beige foncé was my chosen shade.

Within the first week of using it, I couldn't decide whether or not I liked this product. On one hand, it blended perfectly with my skin tone, covered up my blemishes, and most importantly, had a nice mattifying effect that lasted for hours (touch-ups were hardly necessary even though my face gets oily pretty quickly and it was a particularly hot summer in France). On the other hand, little bumps had begun appearing all over my face! They weren't pimples, just pores that had been clogged. I kept on using the powder anyway, because what choice did I have -- I'd already spent 11 euro on it! Anyway, my skin got used to it soon enough and the cons simply melted away (pardon the pun) and now I can say it's my HG powder. I use a kabuki brush with it; the texture is silky and it does melt on your skin, which makes it fantastic at absorbing oil AND setting makeup -- again, minimal touch-ups needed. The fruity smell reminds me of a Garnier hairspray I used to own in high school, and makes me feel fresh whenever I put it on.

Now, about the packaging. I backpacked through Europe with this sans problem, but once I got back to my busy university life (read: bag full of books) this somehow got jostled around and the powder just *cracked*, meaning dusty mirror and coughing up all over the place every time I opened the compact. I don't know why it happened then when I'd been through worse with it! Anyway, a few weeks later it fell out of my bag and the compact itself broke, spilling most of the contents on the washroom floor. For something so good and expensive, you'd hope it would last long -- and it would have, if not for the packaging!

So, while it is THE perfect face powder for me, I have to complain about the packaging and the price. Fortunately it's also available here in Canada, although at a staggering price (CDN$27 -- gasp!) It's going on my Christmas wishlist for sure.

on 8/16/2013 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The most amazing compact powder ever. I use it in 56 - Hale Claire and it suits my skin tone perfectly, its hard to find such a perfect match. Sometimes I use it over my foundation or BB Cream, sometimes on its own. It keeps my face matte for my 8-9 hour work day. I also used it when I was on holiday in Budapest in the Summer (40 degrees celcius) and my face looked so fresh in the pictures, even at the end of the day. I think it does last the 10 hours that it claims. I also love the cute red packaging. Its also quite sturdy considering that I dropped the powder from chest height and the packaging did not break. I already have a backup but will definitely repurchase when I run through that one.

on 7/14/2013 11:59:00 AM

Just like the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation (original) and the Healthy Mix Serum version, this powder provides a very fresh, fruity smell that I really enjoy. The smell goes away after application and doesn't linger, so for those concerned about the smell, there is nothing to worry about. I must admit, I really hate the packaging for this product. It is so flimsy and "cheap" feeling that I am almost turned off from re-purchasing this compact despite the finish that it provides. On my "bad" skin days I will use this powder as I feel it provides the coverage I am looking for to cover any redness in my skin. I am Asian with yellow under-tones and in MAC I am between NC25-30 and use shade #53 in Bourjois. The upside is that the packaging is extremely slim and therefore will fit into any make-up bag or handbag with ease. This product doesn't come with a powder puff so you will either have to pack one/ a brush in your make-up bag/handbag. I'm a tiny bit disappointed in this product considering the foundations in this range work so well for me.

This product didn't break me out. It smells fruity like all their healthy mix products, which doesn't bother me at all. I love the fruity smell.

It's a good light coverage powder I love using it with bb cream and healthy mix foundation. the packaging is red and slim.

on 7/11/2013 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm an NC25 to NC30 for MAC and I use 53 (Beige Clair/ Light Beige) for the healthy mix gel foundation, but I'm a 52 (Vanille/ Vanilla) in this. I have acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out, doesn't cake, and is mattifying. It glides on well and it's staying power is fine (nowhere near 10 hours though) but doesn't provide much coverage at all. I use this on my T-zone over my foundation and under my eyes, over my concealer, or alone just to even out my skintone.

It's in a thin packaging that comes with a mirror but not an applicator (you won't be able to fit a sponge in it either!) so I just wash my hands and touch up in the washroom. One of the better powders I've used and I definitely would repurchase!

on 6/3/2013 12:24:00 PM

oh my gosh i hate this. DO NOT GET THIS IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. i really wanted to love it because among drugstore brands bourjois is on the expensive end, and when i swatched this in the store the powder was so finely milled and felt silky on my skin so i bought it even though it was expensive because it claimed it could help me stay matte for 10 hours. plus i liked the healthy mix serum foundation.

10 hours my ass. it didn't even last 2 hours. and i'm talking about even during winter when my face isn't really that oily. when i first applied it on my face i loved it but my face got so oily afterwards. my skin isn't really that oily but because i live under a warm and humid climate my face tends to oil up easily during summer. this is a huge no for me. i rarely hate a product to this extent. the amount of shine on my face really embarrassed me. i tossed it after trying it out for about 6 months. this is just not the powder for me.

Recommended for Normal Skin