April 16, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Be Legendary (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jaimesommers

I have Be Legendary in the colour 'Primrose'. Love the shade - hints of mauve and rose.
Doesnt make my lips feel dry as matte lipsticks often do. It feels moisturizing actually. The best part is, the colour last for HOURS! I look forward to trying another shade in this line. Really great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have this lipstick in Honey, a pretty, warm nude colour with hints of peach and rose. The formula is fully opaque, very comfortable to wear (creamy but not slippery or heavy), and slightly moisturising. The lipstick lasts 3-4 hours on me, which is on par with non-matte lipstick formulas. On my medium warm complexion (NC30) and pigmented reddish-pink lips, Honey is a great nude to pair with heavier eye makeup or winged eyeliner for a 60s, Brigitte Bardot-inspired look. I'd imagine Honey would be a flattering colour for a range of skintones because it's not a super pale, cool nude (MAC Myth) nor is it too warm (NARS Honolulu Honey, which I like but is unsuitable for fairer folk with cool skintones). On fairer skintones, I think Honey would translate as a warm neutral lip rather than a true nude for a pretty daytime look, and on deeper skintones, Honey would be a beautiful match with smokey eyes. Highly recommended if you're looking for a nude that won't wash you out!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I like this lipstick. I have this in Cognac. Smashbox's website describes it as Warm Raisin. It has shimmer to it, but it's not sparkly. It feels really light on the lips. It has no taste or smell that I can dectect. Overall, it's a very nice lipstick. It's just a little bit expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I have this lipstick in Primrose, Grenadine and Electric Pink. Primrose is my absolute favourite. I have never found a colour like this. It is perfect for my colouring. It is a pink mauve colour. I imagine it will be a little dark on fairer skinned women but its the perfect colour on me. the formula is great too. Its moisturising and long lasting. I definitely recommend. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Grenadine - a creamy deep blue red that's moisturizing and has a sheen to it. I usually apply a clear lipliner on the edges of my lips or else it'll bleed out on it's own. But once the colour wears off, it leaves a nice pink stain behind. I wouldn't buy it again in this shade, but I might give Honey a try next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Latte Matte: what a wonderful color and formula for the "nude" look on people who do not look good with the traditional beige lipstick. This draws something, maybe just a tiny, tiny bit of rose. I use Limitless Gloss over it in a pink and I have what I need for those smoky evening nights when red or burgundy lipstick won't do at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by magicpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this product to be pretty much a HG! I got it in the shade primrose, which is similar to nars dolce vita, but more pink. It looks fabulous on my lips, and is a mlbb. I love the formula as well. On days when I wear this lipstick, I find I don't reach for my chapstick, and it lasssssts. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just purchased the color Chai, Vivid Violet, and Posy Pink. They are all beautiful, long-wearing, long-lasting, creamy, glamorous, "legendary" shades that are truly something to rave about.
I used to be completely cray-cray over these, but I found out that MAC has close dupes to these shades for a lower price. I am now, sadly, converted. MAC has beautiful lipsticks in a greater range of shades, and recycle their packaging!! I love love loveee the Smashbox but I've found a new love...MAC.

Smashbox, darling, it's been real sweet. But me and MAC, well, we just...get each other. MAC's so kind to me; so lovely to me. I'm sorry, baby, but we're over.
x

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by elles143

I have this in Pink Petal (hot pink) and I love how you can go with a subtle look with just one coat, and go dramatic with two. It really is a build-able colour.

I didn't find it to be super moisturizing, but it didn't dry out my lips either (like many other lipsticks do).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jrwright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased "Fig" from the cream collection of the Be Legendary line, and the berry shade compliments my cool skin tone. While the finish isn't matte, it isn't too shimmery or have a bold sheen to it. Definitely has plum and blue undertones which gives the wearer the illusion of whiter, brighter teeth. I don't find the formula very drying, and when it does fade it does so naturally, leaving a nice stain to the lips. I'm very surprised in the lack of reviews so I felt compelled to share, I will most certainly repurchase, possibly try out some other shades too