Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Panther

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

I'm always looking for the blackest matte black on the market, preferably out of the affordable brands, & I kept hearing rave reviews about this, but it always seemed to be sold out. I finally was able to get one today, & it's pretty good, though based on all the hype I was expecting a bit better. It's nice & soft, blends well, & has decent pigmentation, but not amazing pigmentation like everyone had been saying, & it's not that black black, if that makes any sense? I certainly can't complain being it was $1.29, & I will probably use it to deepen other shades, especially on the outer corner area (I have hooded eyes so I do this often to make other colors pop a bit more & for better definition), but for a stand-alone black, or if I want to add a mixing medium to make liner, I probably would choose one of my other matte blacks. And it is better compared to some other popular drugstore matte blacks-it's better than Revlon Colorstay's, Maybelline's, & Milani's matte blacks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

*looking for a nice black opaque shadow, read this review. ..no it's not wnw panther*

this is a safe black. the type you can layer and until you are satisfied with the opacity. It's a decent color and affordable. if you have been looking for a great black eyeshadow without breaking your bank, consider getting a black oxide.
I purchased coastal scents black oxide and their semi matte filler powder. OMG..... when combined this stuff is as black as a black shapie marker!! you only need a sample size.

I really love this product. It was only 99 cents. I actually use it mixed with lip gloss to create a dark black lipstick, and it works amazing for that purpose. I also use it to set my kind of bad black lipsticks, to make them last longer. I also use this on my outer v sometimes, and in the crease for a smokey eye. It lasts all day, and it is very very pigmented. The packaging is kind of cheap though, it squeaks when I open it up. Oh well, that's what I expected for 99 cents. Still an amazing product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wonderful matte black shade; not at all powdery and not much fallout. Great for giving dimention to the outter V or crease and smokey eyes. The price can't be beat for the color and quality. This shadow is awesome, I will be rebuying this!

I've bought around four of these in the past year. They're 99 cents so it's not like it's a big deal if I run out, I just walk to Walgreens and buy another. I use it three ways so I'm going to give it individual scores for each way.

Setting eyeliner: I use a pencil liner, then gel, and then use this to keep it all on and have it stay on my bottom waterline. It keeps my eyeliner there for a few more hours than if it was just the pencil and gel, and as a bonus it adds a little more darkness to it. (For this I give it 5/5)

Eyebrows: I have brown hair, but my eyebrows are naturally extremely dark. I use this instead of a pencil just because it looks more natural. It looks good when I do it right, though I look like Mr. Bean if I use too much. (For this I give it 4/5)

Actual eyeshadow: I'm not gonna lie, I'm into dark, heavy eye makeup, and I wear the same thing every day. It looks good...freshly applied. I don't know if my primer is more oily than tacky enough or what, but it fades quick. (For this I give it 2/5)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Panther is BLACK. It's a matte jet black. I was impressed this 50 (it normally costs $1) could put out so much. Of course, I don't wear this daily or during the daytime at all; this colour, because it's so incredibly pigmented if you build it, makes for the perfect sexy nighttime smoky eye. It can actually be pretty sheer if I use a light hand, but it definitely looks best if it's built up to its true, colour. "Panther" is an accurate description!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to finally find this, as it's usually sold out right away in my area. Disappointingly, it aPplies sheerly and looks patchy. Perhaps the formula has changed? I tried with various brushes and two different looks. Just for the outer v, but it needed to be built up a lot. The blending was okay, not as good as my Artist of Makeup e/s, which incidentally also carry a black--guess I'll be trying that one next. Too bad because I much prefer the accessibility n price of WnW! :(
btw it is NOT matte. it contains some microshimmer, nothing noticeable, but it breaks up the black and maybe that is why it doesnt go on nicely unless wet.

Super pigmented. Lasts amazingly well with a primer and has multi uses. All for 99 cents. Seriously! One of the best black shadows out there. Great as a liner, smoky eye, outer v. Very buildable or can be sheered out... Why spend more when you can get this? Yes, the packaging leaves a little to be desired but treat it gently and this will last and last.

Really great eyeliner. I want something that doesn't bother my eyes, has a smoke rather than "lined" look, is easy to apply, and comes off relatively easy. This is it. And it's cheap. I can't believe how nice this is. I use a slightly damp Ecotools mini angled brush and sort of dab it on the lash line. It lasts all day and is actually a little hard to get off, but I just use baby shampoo due to my sensitive eyes. It helps to define my eyes and not look garish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this instead of eyeliner and I really like it. It does fade a little bit and it does bleed, but for $1 I will buy it again.