Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes

2.5

on 6/7/2014 12:30:00 AM

bought these (foolishly) without reading the packaging completely. I buy the neutrogena makeup remover wipes and saw these next to them in a value pack of 2, thinking they were just an oil-free version of the makeup remover wipes for acne-prone skin. first thing I will say -- the smell is EXTREMELY strong. way too strong; it's overpowering. you could hold the package shut 5ft away from you and still smell it. that being said, I used these twice thinking they were makeup remover before realizing the words "cleansing wipes" in huge letters (duh) and it did a great job of removing face makeup but burned my eyes (now I know why!) broke me out a little, probably just because it's a new product and I already have acne-prone skin, but I'm sure these would be handy if you're on a flight or road trip and need to wipe the gunk off your face. if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to smells I would definitely not recommend this, but overall I think it's ok.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product should not be used by those with sensitive skin, let me say that! On me it tingles (maybe even burns) & turns my face red. With that being said, the redness dissipates soon after & the tingling...well, I like to think of that as it doing it's job & actually working. My skin is sensitive but it can take a beating. Some say the product drys out their skin & to be honest that's what I look for. My skin gets so oily during the day my GOD you could fry a chicken cutlet off it! All in all, I absolutely adore this product & wish I could purchase it Costco size. It makes me skin incredibly clean, matte, & taut

on 1/25/2014 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got these in a gift set and have used them a few times over the past couple of weeks.
The smell is pretty strong...OK, really strong but not necessarily a bad smell.
These are not makeup removing wipes ( I'd hoped they were) so I do not recommend using them to wash away eye makeup. Even using them on your face around your eyes kind of makes them burn.
These did not break me out or dry my skin terribly but I gently washed my face after using them every time.
They claim to need no rinsing but they leave a sticky film on your face that itches a little and having a residue on my skin does not make me feel clean.
I don't like the idea of just relying on a wipe to clean my face so I just don't see the point of these. I still need makeup remover AND I still need to wash my face.
Maybe these would be handy if I were flying or camping?

on 12/1/2013 12:14:00 AM

Get with it people, it's not a makeup remover wipe. Sure, I thought it was at first, but good thing I read at least a dozen reviews on any product before I use it :) anyway, I suppose I have sensitive skin (hello egzema) and I had mild acne which for me is a huge deal (normally I have a pretty clear complexion). So I got these on an im-very-stressed-cuz-of-my-acne-therefore-making-it-worse-and-totally-desperate walmart run. I found out they WERENT MAKEUP REMOVER WIPES and someone said they used them after washing their face & it did wonders. I did the same thing, and ta da! My skin dramatically cleared up. Sure its not completely cleared, but I'm thinking of trying one of nutrogena's cleansers.

The packaging is pretty average, so nothing new there. The scent is certainly strong & lingering, but I personally love it. They are a little drying, but if u have a good moisturizer you'll be fine :)

- A

on 11/11/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay people, this is NOT a makeup removing wipe. This wipe contains salicylic acid which is for acne. It will be drying on the skin because of its acne fighting properties. This wipe does the job its intended to do. It DOES fight oily skin. This product smells like..grapefruit...figures :)

Anyways, I thought the packaging could use improvement. Like many facial wipes, it's in a plastic "bag" like container with a sticky flap you can open and close to take out a wipe. Sometimes that flap will lose its "stickyness" and then it won't close properly which will make for dry wipes :/

on 11/11/2013 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a make up remover wipe. It's to prevent acne and deep clean your skin. Deep clean. Means it's going in your pores and pushing up all the dirt. Hence all the break outs everyone is having. I love this product. It cleans my skin. Makes it soft. I personally love the smell. I've noticed a difference in only 2 days.
Everyone's skin type is different. It may work for you and it may not. And btw while reading all the reviews, it's not meant to smell like grape fruit juice. It's medicine. Duh
I love these wipes!!

on 10/31/2013 12:12:00 AM

I guess there is a reason you got extra points at shoppers drug mart if you bought 2 packages and thank god I didn't!!! I have been using them for 4 or 5 days and noticing my skin has been breaking out, huge pimples everywhere even on my fricken eyelid!! My forehead especially though. Im throwing my wipes out because they are the only thing I can think of that is making me break out so bad. And they make my face so oily its so gross. Horrible little wipes. The smell is strong and it work in a perfume store so it doesn't bother me too much but I can imagine someone who isn't used to scents not handling this "Grapefruit" smell very well !!

on 10/30/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well I purchased these on a whim in a pack with the scrub. I am a nurse and have an extremely strong stomach and the scent made me so nauseated that I had to take a shower! I guess they clean ok and the scrub isn't bad it's just the god awful smell!!!

on 10/22/2013 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Can I first of all just say THIS IS NOT A MAKEUP REMOVER WIPE. These are to help prevent acne and clean skin as it does say CLEANSING WIPE.

on 10/9/2013 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I hate hate hate the smell good god! But on the flip side it did clean my skin no burning nothing no residue. However, i am not a fan of having so many steps take take off makeup off my entire face. I wont buy these again bc i cannot and certainly will not put these near my eyes. Good try neutrogena but epic fail.