November 28, 2014 | 952 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by almondeyed88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so I wanted to write a review for this palette because I've seen some ppl dissatisfied with it. Please read the review and try out my recommendations for working with the shadows before you return it. I had heard great things about Lorac's eyeshadows and this was one of the few makeup items I have bought without seeing it in person. I bought it based on pictures and tutorials I watched.

So on to the review. When I first got the palette I thought the colors were gorgeous to look at. They are smooth and creamy. Reminds me a bit of my MAC eyeshadows. When I applied them on my lid I was disappointed. Many ppl have complained that colors look different on the lid compared to swatch, colors blend into one another, and you can't tell a difference between eyeshadows after you apply it. I definitely agree. I don't know if its the formula or what. I do notice that shades like Unbelievable, Unattainable, and Uncensored have similar finishes and tend to just blend into one another. Unattainable was one of the shades that drew me to buying it but it looks completely different on my lid. In the pan its a beautiful bronzy gold shade. On my lid its a dull muted gold color. When I apply Undiscovered (light gold shade), it looks similar to Unattainable. For a second I thought I had made a mistake by buying it. I realized that you need to use color bases to emphasize or change the color of the shadows. I've been using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Dark Brown for some shades and it has worked great. It makes the color Unattainable to the exact color in the pan. It darkens the color Uncensored (a soft brown shade with rosy undertone close to my skin shade) and makes it into a pretty bronzy shade that reminds me of Iman's eyeshadow in Tigereye (which is one of my fav's). To help with shadows blending into one another, I suggest you mix a shade with a matte one. For ex, I will use Unbelievable all over the lid and then mix Uncensored and Unspoken together and put in the crease. Having a different eyeshadow finish esp a matte will help to break up that annoying blending that the shadows offer. Don't get me wrong the eyeshadows are great quality but some of them do tend to blend into one another. I would definitely experiment using color bases and try out different looks with the eyeshadows before giving up. Btw, I absolutely love the Unbelievable, Uncensored, and Unspoken look I mentioned above. When I first saw Unbelievable (rosy gold) I thought it was a beautiful shade but it looked weird on my lid. I have never had problems with pink shades but Unbelievable was weird. But adding the other shades makes such a beautiful look. It reminds me of Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo which is one of my favorite duo's. It's like the older more subtle but just as beautiful sister of Strawberry Fudge.

I am an NC45 shade but more neutral with an olive undertone. Not as yellow as a typical NC45. I think this palette is perfect for all skintones/undertones, esp ppl who felt Naked 1 was too warm. I think its great for daywear/office wear. The looks are soft, romantic, and glowy. The only issue I have with the palette is I wish Lorac would have picked a darker color for the container since yellow will stain easily. I also wish the names were more unique so I could remember them lol.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this palette so badly. I found to many dupes to justify keeping it. I used strange from UD or white chocolate from too faced chocolate bar. I used UD trick.. UD tease or nooner.. Also soulful and all heart from it cosmetics for unconditional and unspoken. I used marzipan, crime brle and amaretto from too faced. I also used toasted and half baked and busted.

The palette was ok if you don't already own a ton of palettes. I wasn't amazed at the quality. Untamed and unreal have awful pigmentation in my palette. I would return if I had a receipt. Pretty palette on some skin tones I am sure. I am fair and many of the tones turn orange on me ;(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

With a heavy heart, I must say that this palette was not worth the money. The warm, bronzy shades are gorgeous. I know people compare it to the UD Naked 3 but to be honest, the shades aren't "pinky" at all. I wouldn't go for this palette if you like an everyday smoky eye. My biggest complaint with these shadows are the shimmery ones which seem to be baked and hard to work with. Once on the lids, it's difficult to blend out which is why I can see people say some of the shades looks similar when applied. I find Lorac palettes to be overall inconsistent - just feel the shadows in the Pro palette and then compare it to the shadows in the Unzipped. Unfortunately, the beautiful colors in this palette did not translate on my eyes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this LORAC palette! I am a neutral shade lover and this palette was made for me! There are 10 shades total; 4 matte, 5 shimmer, and 1 semi-matte (Untamed). The colors are gorgeous for my blue eyes and truly make my eyes pop. There are 2 matte shades to which I use as transition shades which are packed with pigmentation; 1 is a warm mauve shade and 1 is a warm medium brown which is good for day time and night time looks. All colors in this palette have fantastic pigmentation and I've never had an issue with fallout. It is such a romantic palette that allows for both soft or sultry looks.

My favorite shades are (1) the truest rose gold 'Unbelievable' and (2) a light gold/champagne-rosegold hybrid 'Unreal'. I also own the LORAC Pro which is wonderful yet find myself reaching for the Unzipped more often I just can't get enough of the rosegold, bronzey, warm colors! Packaging is fabulous and is has proven durable during many traveling adventures. On the inside is a good sized mirror which is great as well. My favorite combinations are Unspoken or Unconditional in the crease with Unreal on the lid for a fresh faced daytime look and Unspoken in the crease with Unbelievable on the lid with Unbridled in the outer V to really smoke things out. I can't stop raving about this palette it's such a steal; will definitely run out to purchase another if/when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by chevella70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this palette a few days ago, and I'm very pleased. It contains some matte and some shimmer shades, which is nice. The reason I purchased it in the first place was because the matte shades included were so rich and colorful. I'm so bored with all the matte shadows being pastels or neutrals, but this one rocks.

The shadows are very pigmented and all the shades inside are versatile and absolutely lovely. It seems to me that every palette out there has that one shade that's kind of lame and a bit of a throw-away color. Not this palette. Every color is fabulous.

As I said, they're very pigmented. They also blend quite smoothly. I'm very glad I bought this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

This is super difficult because i absolutely LOVE these colors in the pan!! I am super crazy about taupes and pinky browns, and this palette has those colors down perfect.

HOWEVER, the cons are:
- that the colors do not look the same on the lid as they do in the pan.
-The dark colors which you would expect to go in the crease are not dark at all on the lid, and can't really be used in the crease since they just blend into the lid color. So deceiving!!
-The colors all look the same when they're on your lid.
-SUPER SUPER disappointingly unpigmented.

Pros:
The colors in the pan are gorgeous and perfect looking. It is such a shame that it isnt pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

Gorgeous eye shadows. The rosy gold hues are so beautiful on my blue eyes and I think these colors would look just as amazing on green and hazel eyes. Not to mention, the quality of Lorac's eyeshadows is wonderful. So buttery, soft, pigmented, and super blendable. But I do find that some colors are easier to work with than others. Some are more buttery and easy to blend while some are a little more "dry" feeling. But this palette has an amazing combination of satin, metallic, and matte eyeshadows. This palette is gorgeous. If you're thinking about it.. Get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by nna53992

Gorgeous Palette with amazing neutral, bronzy, and rose tinted shimmer and matte shades. It is more sophisticated than the naked 3. Highly recommend! I love to use this palette for neutral looks. I also love the bronzy, gold, and rose shades that are available as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am the person who swapped away Naked 3 because the rosy gold colors didn't really fit my skin tone and I found the colors too similar and pink. I received this and liked this better than naked 3.

The colors work well with each other, although the colors are not entirely distinctive from each other when you actually apply it. I find, however, that I'm able to make pretty looks using this palette alone.

The colors are richer and darker than naked 3. The palette definitely leans on the mauve/plum side. There are some gold, rose gold shimmery colors that look really pretty layered on top of a base color (like unconditional). The palette only has one color to darken/deepen your eyeshadow look, and in my opinion, only one color (unconditional) to be a blending color. I'm nc20 so there may be other blending colors for people who have a darker skin tone.

I think this palette is great looking on those with a warm skin tone. The colors also look particularly good on Brown eyes. Basically, it looks great on my Asian skin tone.

I take off one Lippie because it would be nice to have one more color for darkening your look, and one more blending color. It's good that this palette has only one brow highlighting color though. But if you have the Lora pro palette, I think this is a good complement for it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another win from LORAC if you ask me. I love this and the Pro Palette and enjoy using them as much as possible. I have to give my opinion on this verse Naked3 since I own both. In my opinion they are 2 completely different palettes. Naked 3 most definitely pulls more cool. Whereas, Unzipped pulls warmer or much warmer than N3 that's for sure, so to me I can't compare them. I use them both and love them both and will not choose sides as I luv all makeup! :P
Now onto this lovely palette.:) You get 10 shades which are much bigger than Pro though it's around the same price. So, product wise with Unzipped you get more product than the Pro. It has 4 matte shades and 6 satins or semi shimmery I would say.

I am very cool toned and have no problem working with these neutrals. Dupe alert Unconditional is almost the exact same as Nooner. It's interesting Mauve from the pro and this one all are very similar to Nooner or vise versa. So for me it's great because Unconditional is my favorite crease colour. Unbelievable and Unreal are both very similar as well, with Unbelievable having a more pinkish copper undertone. While Unreal has a more light pink with a touch of gold undertone. Both are gorgeous and 2 of my favorite shades in the palette.

I love Unspoken when I am doing a cut crease it is so buttery and mixes so well with Unconditional and Unspoken. All the shadows are very soft, buttery, pigmented, and are super easy to blend. I really love this palette and love how I can do almost any look with it. From daytime to night this palette is so versatile. I find the primer that comes with it also works very well and I like it. I just wish the packaging was sturdier but I love the slimness and ease of travel with this. To me if you love neutrals it's a must have. If you collect palettes then this is for you. Also if you want a bunch of shadows that work super well together this bad boy does that too. Love! Totally Recommended!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No