August 27, 2014 | 1952 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

This is super difficult because i absolutely LOVE these colors in the pan!! I am super crazy about taupes and pinky browns, and this palette has those colors down perfect.

HOWEVER, the cons are:
- that the colors do not look the same on the lid as they do in the pan.
-The dark colors which you would expect to go in the crease are not dark at all on the lid, and can't really be used in the crease since they just blend into the lid color. So deceiving!!
-The colors all look the same when they're on your lid.
-SUPER SUPER disappointingly unpigmented.

Pros:
The colors in the pan are gorgeous and perfect looking. It is such a shame that it isnt pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

Gorgeous eye shadows. The rosy gold hues are so beautiful on my blue eyes and I think these colors would look just as amazing on green and hazel eyes. Not to mention, the quality of Lorac's eyeshadows is wonderful. So buttery, soft, pigmented, and super blendable. But I do find that some colors are easier to work with than others. Some are more buttery and easy to blend while some are a little more "dry" feeling. But this palette has an amazing combination of satin, metallic, and matte eyeshadows. This palette is gorgeous. If you're thinking about it.. Get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by nna53992

Gorgeous Palette with amazing neutral, bronzy, and rose tinted shimmer and matte shades. It is more sophisticated than the naked 3. Highly recommend! I love to use this palette for neutral looks. I also love the bronzy, gold, and rose shades that are available as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am the person who swapped away Naked 3 because the rosy gold colors didn't really fit my skin tone and I found the colors too similar and pink. I received this and liked this better than naked 3.

The colors work well with each other, although the colors are not entirely distinctive from each other when you actually apply it. I find, however, that I'm able to make pretty looks using this palette alone.

The colors are richer and darker than naked 3. The palette definitely leans on the mauve/plum side. There are some gold, rose gold shimmery colors that look really pretty layered on top of a base color (like unconditional). The palette only has one color to darken/deepen your eyeshadow look, and in my opinion, only one color (unconditional) to be a blending color. I'm nc20 so there may be other blending colors for people who have a darker skin tone.

I think this palette is great looking on those with a warm skin tone. The colors also look particularly good on Brown eyes. Basically, it looks great on my Asian skin tone.

I take off one Lippie because it would be nice to have one more color for darkening your look, and one more blending color. It's good that this palette has only one brow highlighting color though. But if you have the Lora pro palette, I think this is a good complement for it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another win from LORAC if you ask me. I love this and the Pro Palette and enjoy using them as much as possible. I have to give my opinion on this verse Naked3 since I own both. In my opinion they are 2 completely different palettes. Naked 3 most definitely pulls more cool. Whereas, Unzipped pulls warmer or much warmer than N3 that's for sure, so to me I can't compare them. I use them both and love them both and will not choose sides as I luv all makeup! :P
Now onto this lovely palette.:) You get 10 shades which are much bigger than Pro though it's around the same price. So, product wise with Unzipped you get more product than the Pro. It has 4 matte shades and 6 satins or semi shimmery I would say.

I am very cool toned and have no problem working with these neutrals. Dupe alert Unconditional is almost the exact same as Nooner. It's interesting Mauve from the pro and this one all are very similar to Nooner or vise versa. So for me it's great because Unconditional is my favorite crease colour. Unbelievable and Unreal are both very similar as well, with Unbelievable having a more pinkish copper undertone. While Unreal has a more light pink with a touch of gold undertone. Both are gorgeous and 2 of my favorite shades in the palette.

I love Unspoken when I am doing a cut crease it is so buttery and mixes so well with Unconditional and Unspoken. All the shadows are very soft, buttery, pigmented, and are super easy to blend. I really love this palette and love how I can do almost any look with it. From daytime to night this palette is so versatile. I find the primer that comes with it also works very well and I like it. I just wish the packaging was sturdier but I love the slimness and ease of travel with this. To me if you love neutrals it's a must have. If you collect palettes then this is for you. Also if you want a bunch of shadows that work super well together this bad boy does that too. Love! Totally Recommended!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Foleych

Forewarning: My review is also a comparison to Urban Decay's Naked 3, which I explain below why I did this. If you are thinking about getting one over the other, this might be useful.

So I am a total eyeshadow junkie but originally thought that this palette was unnecessary because I have Naked 3 and pretty much all the neutral palettes (Naked 1, Basics, Lorac Pro, etc.) When I saw this, it was pretty but nothing outstanding, so I walked on by it in Ulta. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later I was on YouTube and people kept talking about it and saying it was a warmer version of Naked 3 that I started to relook at it. 2 or 3 of my favorite gurus said that they loved Naked 3, but it was too many cool tones to do a variety of different looks and that they had to pull from other palettes to make a complete look and to warm up the eye. I don't remember who said that this palette was perfect for that, but that's what sold me. This was going to be my companion palette to Naked 3.

I went to Ulta that night and did some swatching. I love the warmer more neutral tones of this rosey brown palette and the pigmentation is on point!!!!! It only has 8 colors compared to Naked 3's 12, but the pans are considerably larger so I feel the amount of actual product your getting more than makes up for that. They are buttery smooth, very blendable and glide onto the eye. The colors as I have stated are warmer and more neutral (less pink) than my Naked 3 and the variety of matte and shimmer colors is better than N3, IMHO. I feel like this palette has more/better transition colors and the highlight isn't super shimmer and warmer than the one N3. The eyeshadow in general is less dry/chalky and I feel like it blends better and there is less fallout than with the N3. There are also a couple of the pinkier shades in N3 that are glittery and chunkier. This has it's place, but does not really lend itself to everyday use, whereas, the Unzipped has shimmer shades, they are smooth and can easily lend themselves to daytime looks. Nobody wants to look like Barbie at the office, which N3 can border on if your not careful.

The packaging is not as fancy as N3, definitely more simplistic. Its just a book style with a magnetic lid to keep it closed. It is very slim, probably my skinniest palette, which I really like because this palette is even small enough to carry in a purse and great for travel. The mirror in it is large, which I also like for the previously stated reason of travel. The N3 case is sturdier, tin? I got mine at Ulta for $40, which is $12 less than N3 and I got a generous sample of the Lorac eye primer which I really like. It's comparable to my staple Milani, with it's squeeze tube packaging and the consistency of the product. This is where Lorac beats N3. Previously, when UD releases a palette they gave generous sample sizes of their primer potion. This was not the case with N3. They gave 1 use samples of their 4 different primers, which I did not like as much. UD N3 does come with a really nice double ended brush, one side good for blending the other for packing on color. This brush is nice and I do like using it.

I bought the Unzipped palette to compliment my N3 and found that I do just the opposite. I am fair with blonde hair and blue eyes so I do need to keep the tones a little warmer than the N3 allows. If I don't the pink looks make me look tired or a little sickly. I don't have this problem with the Unzipped.

Overall: This is my new go to. I'm picking it up over all my other palettes and have been for several weeks. The texture and quality of the shadows, the user friendly hues and blendability and universality of this palette far exceeded all initial expectations and I'm so glad I picked this up. If your thinking about it, just do it. Especially because this palette is a little more wallet friendly then some of the other palettes out right now.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

The colors alone sold me on this nude palette, over the UD Nakeds and the MAC. I love the warm rosy gold shades and find that they all suit me (NC30-ish) really well. The colors all go really well together, and for an eyeshadow simpleton like myself -- I never really use more than 2-3 shades at a time -- this palette is a no-brainer. I do wish there was more of the matte vanilla shade, though. I can see myself using that one up quickly as it's a great base!

I've never tried LORAC eyeshadow before this palette, and the quality of the shadows is so nice: they're soft and creamy with hardly any fallout, well-pigmented, and last all day (I do not have oily lids, though). I haven't needed to try the eye primer that came with the set. The shimmery shades are also not overly sparkly, so they are all very wearable during the day.

It would be a little nicer if the packaging was metal or plastic instead of cardboard, but I like everything else about the case. It's cute, a nice handy size, opens and shuts without any problems, and has a reasonable sized mirror inside. Plus, there is no useless brush to fall out of it. Overall, I'm really happy with this palette and would definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by beccaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first ever high end make up purchase. I am soooo in love with these eyeshadows! They are neutral but lean more toward a bronze/burgundy neutral than a brown neutral. These are warm neutrals- not cool neutrals, and all the shadows range from matte to very subtle shimmer to not so subtle shimmer. Mostly they are matte and very subtle shimmer, which was my main concern as I've found other palettes with gorgeous colors that were mostly too shimmery/glittery for my taste. Not only are the colors beautiful, the consistency of the shadows is heavenly. Very creamy and soft! I tried them out both with and without primer. They last much better with primer, but even without primer they still looked great through a 12 hour workshift! Without primer they did crease a tiny bit, but the color overall didn't fade at all! The only downside is the packaging. The palette container is made out of thick cardboard. Although the design on it is cute, the package itself seems cheap and flimsy. I don't really care about that but if you are someone who puts a lot of importance on packaging aesthetics then you may be dissappointed. After wearing these I don't beleive I'll ever be truly happy with drugstore eyeshadow again....will have to save up to feed my high end eyeshadow addiction lol.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. It is my only palette but I am eyeing others now! I love the warm tones of the shadows on my fair olive skin and blue eyes. Would totally recommend! Ok the other hand I didn't like the primer at all. Shadows creased really bad. I prefer UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wowza, my new HG of eyeshadow palettes. Each color prettier and more wearable than the last one, and you get a lot of each product. I'm in my 50's so just can't do sparkle anymore, or unnatural shades. These colors are lovely, with a soft wash of shimmer that I feel comfortable pulling off No longer at Sephora, but now available at Kohls and Ulta.