LORAC Unzipped

4.6

on 1/11/2015 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the colors in this palette, but as far as the quality of the shadows, they're just okay. Personally, I love the buttery smooth shadows in the Pro palettes, and these just aren't the same. You have to work a little more to build up the shadow intensity. The shadows feel much harder in the pans. I just don't find myself reaching for this palette because I don't enjoy using the eyeshadows as much as I wish I did. They're not awful, just not what I expected from Lorac.

on 1/3/2015 4:37:00 PM

Wow! I might be the only person that doesn't like this! I ordered it online through amazon.com because Lorac is not sold at Sephora anymore and is difficult to find in Canada. I like the slim packaging and the colours look great in the pan but for me, that's where the positives end. I find that the shadows don't have a lot of pigmentation, especially the lighter colours. I thought maybe is was because of the Lorac primer which I had used, but no...the same lack of pigmentation with UD primer, Laura Mercier, and TF shadow insurance. I'm not sure why these don't show up on me after so many positive reviews. Maybe I was sent a fake palette, but I doubt it. This one is a miss for me.

on 12/28/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh my holly lord of the universe i love love looove this pallete! Pigmentation is 5/5, NO FALLOUTS (surprise!!), NO CREASING (record - without primer), great color selection!! Cant say anything bad BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING BAD!

on 12/24/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Me:NW45ish.
Just. freakin'. gorgeous. As usual LORAC quality and blendibility is on point. I actually plan my OOTD around this palette. What is there to say that hasn't already been said. OH! I did buy the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette and while I do enjoy it, LORAC knocked it outta the park. Are there Revealed 2 shade dupes, yep, but IMHO Lorac has that something extra that took it to the next level. Even though I got this with 20% off, I would not hesitate to re-purchase at full price.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this palette. It is more rose colored than it appears in pictures. My only complaint is there aren't enough mattes. The colors are smooth, no fall out, blend very well. Highly pigmented, a little gets the look you're going for.
I always get compliments on my eye makeup when I use this palette.

on 12/9/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- color selection
- pigmentation
- easy to blend
- no fallout

CONS

- not enough mattes

COMMENTS: I chose this over the Naked 3 palette and I'm so glad I did. It's such a lovely neutral palette. I find the colors pigmented and easy to blend. I wish there were more mattes, but overall it's still a very nice palette as I know I'll get use out of every color.

Will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is what I bought instead of the Naked 3 palette and I really love all the shades in this palette....espescially the gorgeous mattes. The champagne gold is soooo beautiful. Its like a lighter version of UD half baked. All of the shades here blend really well but the reason it doesn't get five is because it can sometimes take a few swipes to pick up some of the shimmery colors. They're kinda packed into the pan. But overall, wonderful palette.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was kind of a 'hey I want that' purchase instead of an I need it purchase. I quickly looked up some reviews and they looked great, and I wanted to try Lorac.

I like it and I like the shades, but honestly...I don't know. I'm not IN LOVE. I wanted something in nude shades with pink undertones and this is it. There are matte shades and shimmer shades, but the shimmers don't 'stand out' a whole lot, so thats great if you want a true nude look but I love a stand out nude sometimes...metallic and pretty, you know? I love the two dark shades in the palette, they're pretty and pigmented and would work well as soft liners.

They don't apply and blend well with my synthetic brushes, but that's not the palettes fault. (:

I do like the packaging as it is simple and interesting, but I wish it had some sort of overlap when it closed to keep it safer.

on 11/4/2014 10:18:00 AM

Best palette ever, IME. I've had 2 of the Naked palettes, Lorac Pro, multiple MAC shadows (which I like), but this is perfection. All the colors work well on my coloring and make me green eyes stand out. The shimmer is sophisticated. These wear all day on me with primers, whereas the pro palette and UD palettes have not. The primer is nice. I marked that I would buy again but have never used up a palette.

on 10/30/2014 10:43:00 PM