TRESemme Split Remedy Conditioner

2.8

on 5/23/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Mixed feelings about this conditioner. It did what it was supposed to do with my split ends.

It made my split ends look way, way better - I could skip the flat iron when I used it. (I have 95% straight hair, with just a bit of wave to iron out.)

But after about 6 days of use it started looking really lank and felt dirty - not soft, not swingy.

If I could get the results in one use, I'd use it occasionally but it takes me 4+ uses to really look good.

on 5/21/2013 5:22:00 PM

I actually re-registered to reactivate my account and write a review for this product. That's how compelled I am to ward people off this product!

My hair is generally non fussy, which is why I just buy whatever conditioner I fancy. I started using this product and did not realise this was the cause of my hair being extremely stringy, matted and lifeless.

I hve permed, slightly wavy hair and I can't even put one finger through my hair without tearing half of my hair out.

Girls with wavy/curly hair, STAY AWAY from this product. Actually, if you have any hair at all, stay away from this product!

I had to fix my hair from this conditioner by using non-protein, moisturizing products.

The only good thing about this product is the price.

on 4/22/2013 6:25:00 PM

I honestly have never hated a conditioner more. This left my hair so heavy, stringy and yet at the same time, unconditioned, like it just sat on my hair and didn't fully penetrate. I was surprised because usually Treseme products are "decent"...what I'll use in between my salon brand splurges to carry me over. I had to wash my hair twice to get it back to normal/non-residue feeling.

on 4/19/2013 6:59:00 PM

I love Tresemme a lot and none of their products ever disappoint me... but this one was a let down. The formula was just terrible. The shampoo left behind residue and the conditioner felt like glue in the shower and once the hair was dry it felt stiff and straw-like. I also used the leave in spray stuff with it and it was just as bad. If you love the smell, try their Keratin Smooth line. It smells the same and works a lot nicer.

on 4/16/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is by far the worst conditioner I have ever used, and I would consider myself a product junkie.

The consistency of the conditioner was like watered down Elmers glue, and that's what it feels like in my hair now dry.

In the shower it didnt have much slip at all and I had a hard time finger combing it through my hair.

Out of the shower it felt a little bitter but once I started blowdrying it was all downhill from there. I've never been one to have tangly hair, infact I never even brush my hair...this product has turned my hair into a rats nest. it feels like I've bleached my hair and washed it with glue. It's dry, crunchy and tangly. Don't waste your money on this ! You'll regret it.

on 4/11/2013 10:25:00 PM

Was given this to trial. My hair has never been so dry & tangled :( Had to start using a leave in treatment daily to counteract it.

This made my hair feel very dry and tangly. It did not moisturizer at all and didn't even have a very nice smell. In the shower while my hair was still wet, it didn't even have much slip to it. So I definitely will not be purchasing again

on 4/4/2013 9:05:00 PM

I received this as a sample w/ the Shampoo. They claim itís best used together (of course) so I did. They also claim that results will appear after three uses, so I am reviewing this after the third use. From the sample bottles, I am not sure if their claims are to strengthen the hair to prevent future split-ends, or to actually get rid of and fix current split ends, or all of the above.

Status of hair before use: Havenít had a haircut for at least 7 months (I know, terrible, but had many reasons). Finally got an appointment at the end of the month, but I needed to do something about the split ends that have developed on my long, straight, now dry hair. Otherwise, I would have to cut my hair shorter than I really want to.

Results? Soft hair, but not super shiny or silky. And where are those split ends? I donít know how the shampoo/conditioner could possible ďget ridĒ of them entirely, but they are less noticeable now. I can still see them if I look hard enough. At least I am able to run my fingers through it without any knots. Seems like itís moisturizing enough to last me another month.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG conditioner at the moment! Smells devine, leaves hair soft and healthy.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This conditioner was just awful for my hair. I have very long fine hair. Recently it has become dry, frizzy, and I noticed a lot of split ends. I picked up this conditioner in hopes of taming my hair down a bit. It is a really weird glue-y and slimy consistency. I thought maybe that was what made it bond split ends. The conditioner also has has these tiny white specks/beads in it. I thought maybe the slimy consistency and the specks were what bonded split ends. I was wrong. After a week of daily use, my hair become more rough, frizzy, and tangled. The conditioner didn't moisturize my hair one bit. And the white specks do not rinse out properly. If you have dark hair, they will show once dry! I regret spending money on this!