October 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used a few different box dyes and this was by far the worst. The application was standard and simple, like other foam dyes. I was going for what I hoped would be a very dark, almost black brown, but as I was putting it on my hair didn't look as dark as it should. I thought after I took a shower and dried it it would be darker but it wasn't. My boyfriend couldn't even tell a difference and I barely did. It also got all over everything after I washed and I was sure to rinse thoroughly until the water was clear. A few days after washes the color was almost completely faded and it defeated the purpose of dyeing in the first place. It did leave my hair smelling nice for a few days, but that is the only good thing I can say. It has been two months later and I'm wanting to color again (obviously with another product). Very disappointing, but I've never had much luck with Garnier Fructis. Waste of money and I would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Worst product ever... I wanted to change my color. So I went for black.. Now the color of the product isn't bad. The product itself is horrible. I followed the directions to a T. After I was done I looked like I worked in a coal mine. I have to use two boxes since my hair is so long.. I swear this stuff went everywhere. I'm still finding little black spots in my bathroom. If your hair is long like mine stick to the creme.. Less messy and frustrating

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Caylac88

I dyed my hair

(WITH Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam 4IM Iced Mahogany Dark Brown)

it turned a shade darker with some red tinges. I wanted my hair to go darker and redder however, the this dye I use did not do enough. It looks natural and everyone tells me it looks natural. I was pleased when I dyed it the first time.

8 weeks later I dyed my hair again (the same dye) but i let it sit for 10 mins longer hoping for a better result then the first time. When my hair dried I absolutely loved it but like all dyes it faded a little bit. I'm still happy-ish with my hair but a week and a half my golden highlights came in more this time and mostly my roots (in the light) you can see the red. This is why I didn't rate it more. HOWEVER, my hair is still very pretty and a lot of people love it but I just wanted more results.

The link below is a pic of my hair 2nd time around!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by SarahSugartits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BARF!
My hair was a bleached blonde..And i got tired of having to do my dang roots.
So i figured i would drop by walmart and pick up a dye to just make my hair a little darker.
DARKER is what i got. The box said dark BLONDE. I got like a ugly brown color with gray (because of my bleach i guess) ALLLLLL in it.
I HATE IT.
This product is very misleading.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great stuff! Wish it lasted a tiny bit longer, but I have really resistant grays, so I don't think it was even the fault of the color. Left my hair silky and covered all the grays. Very easy to use, much easier than cream colors. And the conditioner it comes with is fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of the three formulas I have tried (Creme, Oil and Foam) this to me is the worst. It didn't give 100% coverage of my grays and not only did I apply more to them, I did that area first and left it on a just a few minutes longer. The packaging is REALLY bulky and wasteful.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ginabeebop

I wanted to dye my long medium brown hair to a lighter medium brown, so i decided light brown 6 would do the trick... Let's just say I was wrong. This dye turned my hair dark brown with a red hue. Not only did it give me the opposite effect, it was extremely difficult to apply. The foam kept dripping and it is hard to see where you did and didn't apply. This dye also smells worst than other drugstore dyes.. I had to cover my nose since the odor was so icky. 2 lippies because it made my hair super shiny and doesn't feel damaged.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by LJ0702

I used the 5UR medium ultra intense red shade. My hair has been professionally dyed different shades of red for the past 5 years and it was a medium brown red before i dyed it with the garnier. I wanted something more fun and i didn't like the brown color in my hair.
I found the application very easy for applying color to my whole head but i think it would be a little harder when it's just a root touch up.
When i first rinsed it out my hair was VERY red and had a hint of violet. It was a little lighter than the red on the box. My hair felt healthy and very shiny, much nicer than before i dyed it. After 24 hours i washed my hair twice, first with a sulfate shampoo that i knew would bring some color out and next with a healthier shampoo and a deep conditioner. The color after doing this was beautiful. Much more natural while still remaining vibrant and exactly what i wanted. It does bleed a lot when wet and i'm hoping that stops soon. I plan to pick up a colored protein filler from Sally's because that usually helps red stay nice and it makes hair healthier. I'll update in a few weeks about how it lasts. If it stays like this i think it would replace my salon color.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bkemper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color faded so incredibly quickly. I have extremely porous damaged hair because it's been bleached so many times. I dyed it the Dark Blonde color which is very ashy and loved it initially, but it took about two washes before it was completely gone. A shame, because the foam was easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I'm not sure why my experience with this differs do much to other reviewers. Maybe I'm just very easily pleased! Seriously, I'm very relieved to find something that doesn't fade within a couple of weeks. I have quite a bit of grey coming through and I used the Iced Mocha. It came out very dark brown with a subtle hint of red, very close to my natural hair colour. The application was very messy but I took all the usual precautions (heavy duty gloves, dye brush/applicator, shower cap, cotton wool with Vaseline!) and I am EXTREMELY pleased with this dye. I seem to face tried all the main brands and this is the best so far. Shiny, well-conditioned hair with all the greys covered!