April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of the three formulas I have tried (Creme, Oil and Foam) this to me is the worst. It didn't give 100% coverage of my grays and not only did I apply more to them, I did that area first and left it on a just a few minutes longer. The packaging is REALLY bulky and wasteful.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ginabeebop

I wanted to dye my long medium brown hair to a lighter medium brown, so i decided light brown 6 would do the trick... Let's just say I was wrong. This dye turned my hair dark brown with a red hue. Not only did it give me the opposite effect, it was extremely difficult to apply. The foam kept dripping and it is hard to see where you did and didn't apply. This dye also smells worst than other drugstore dyes.. I had to cover my nose since the odor was so icky. 2 lippies because it made my hair super shiny and doesn't feel damaged.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by LJ0702

I used the 5UR medium ultra intense red shade. My hair has been professionally dyed different shades of red for the past 5 years and it was a medium brown red before i dyed it with the garnier. I wanted something more fun and i didn't like the brown color in my hair.
I found the application very easy for applying color to my whole head but i think it would be a little harder when it's just a root touch up.
When i first rinsed it out my hair was VERY red and had a hint of violet. It was a little lighter than the red on the box. My hair felt healthy and very shiny, much nicer than before i dyed it. After 24 hours i washed my hair twice, first with a sulfate shampoo that i knew would bring some color out and next with a healthier shampoo and a deep conditioner. The color after doing this was beautiful. Much more natural while still remaining vibrant and exactly what i wanted. It does bleed a lot when wet and i'm hoping that stops soon. I plan to pick up a colored protein filler from Sally's because that usually helps red stay nice and it makes hair healthier. I'll update in a few weeks about how it lasts. If it stays like this i think it would replace my salon color.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bkemper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color faded so incredibly quickly. I have extremely porous damaged hair because it's been bleached so many times. I dyed it the Dark Blonde color which is very ashy and loved it initially, but it took about two washes before it was completely gone. A shame, because the foam was easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I'm not sure why my experience with this differs do much to other reviewers. Maybe I'm just very easily pleased! Seriously, I'm very relieved to find something that doesn't fade within a couple of weeks. I have quite a bit of grey coming through and I used the Iced Mocha. It came out very dark brown with a subtle hint of red, very close to my natural hair colour. The application was very messy but I took all the usual precautions (heavy duty gloves, dye brush/applicator, shower cap, cotton wool with Vaseline!) and I am EXTREMELY pleased with this dye. I seem to face tried all the main brands and this is the best so far. Shiny, well-conditioned hair with all the greys covered!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by pooch14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Terrible product!! i have approx 20% white hair among my mid/dark brown hair and i have been coloring for a few years now. This dye was no easier to apply than any other hair dye (i squirt a heap on my gloves and massage it in to my scalp and work my way to the ends rather than bother with all that sectioning polava) This has always given me good results but i found alot of hair dyes have a note of red/orange in them which was picked up mostly by the whites. So I saw the no 4 in brown at the supermarket and it didnt look as if there was a hint of red in it and although this is true, my white roots are still white after a 45 minute application of this rubbish. Will not use again, shame I bought 2 on an offer because the 2nd one is going straight in the bin.....the hunt for mid brown hair dye to cover the white roots continues :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by hc78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the new hair color foam in light intense auburn. It totally sucked. First there was too much product for the container and it overflowed and spilled out when I put on the pump. Then it did not mix per instructions. I had to throw the whole thing out and now back to the store to buy another product. Very disappointed in this foam! Worst hair care product I have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sherry715

This foam hair color DRIPS! I left it on for 25 minutes and it DID NOT COVER THE GRAY. I am very dissatisfied, as I thought Garnier made better hair products than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Eirwen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is in between a medium and dark brown, but it's easily lightened by the sun, so it gradually fades to a blond at the ends. I wanted my hair all one color so I picked this up in the color dark brown. The foam idea is great and it was easy and quick to apply. The color turned out just a couple shades darker than my natural color, which is what I was hoping for. It was even all over and I loved it. But after two washes it's completely gone. My hair is back to the exact same way it was before I dyed it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I chose to try this hair color for a few reasons; it was the cheapest available that I also had a coupon for, they had a color that looked like what I was going for, it was available in my town (while very few hair colors are).

First, about my hair: nearly waist length, fine strand but A LOT of them. Easily tangled, especially with product in it and thus, hard to color without missing spots. Better luck so far in life with drugstore hair dye (and usually great luck with Garnier) versus salons. Naturally medium-dark strawberry blonde but, except for the half inch of growth at the roots, it was light-medium blonde at time of coloring.

Firstly, the foam applies well for me. It's packaged with a foaming pump bottle and I did have to be quick from pump to hair because it liquefies rather quickly. I was worried at first that I wouldn't get good coverage but the foam seems to travel through the thickness of my hair both of it's own accord as well as when gently lathered every few minutes as the directions suggest. I *almost* got full saturation with one box and I always need two - I used the second one I bought anyway, just in case.

Smells less gross than most DS dyes, but still like hair dye.

I left it on for twice the recommended time, because I usually have to,plus I forgot about it.

Easy to rinse and the conditioner didn't feel overly *coating* which I think it great, since most hair dyes/conditioners have to be washed 5 or 6 times before my hair feels normal/ non-heavy-and-greasy again.

COLOR: Meh. I bought 9 - Light Blonde, which looked, according to the box pic, like it would be about 2 shades lighter than my current hair and less red. It DID take out most of the red (naturally occurring with most hair colors on me) but actually darkened my hair about 1 shade. I specifically looked at the photo comparisons on the box before buying to see that it showed lightening even already light blonde hair - nope. Darkened mine.

The next time I washed I got that dreaded, bleach-accident hair. For those of you who have not experienced it, you can tell your hair has been damaged when you go to shampoo - if it feels more like kneading a bowl of pudding than washing hair, you're screwed. At least for a little while. I have only experienced this once before after a terrible home experiment many years ago with actual bleach. So the fact that this damaged my hair, maybe about half as much as BLEACH, without lightening it at all is more than just frustrating.

Lucky for me, the color is close to my natural and therefore okay to leave as is for a few months while my hair recovers. But I will certainly not buy Garnier Color Foam again. This is the first time Garnier has so disappointed me, WTH, Garnier? WTH?