March 1, 2015 | 1706 users online

Liquid - BeneFit Cosmetics - "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mollypaige143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I read a lot of reviews about this and a lot of people said absolutely no. When the girl working at sephora suggested it I hesitated, but hey she's doing my makeup for free so why not try it right? She brought over honey (I'm so money) and it looked great in the bottle but very orange on my face. We were both a little perplexed, but even though it was the wrong shade I could see how smooth and awesome my face looked just on that little patch she had tested. She brought me over another shade, Ivory (I'm pure for sure) which turned out to be my perfect shade. As people have mentioned, there is a yellowish tint, but hello people, if you don't have a yellow based skin tone don't be surprised a yellow based foundation doesn't work on you! On my skin tone it was lovely, blended fantastically, and gave me a perfect velvety dewy finish to my skin that looked radiant and healthy. I was afraid of this foundation, but I am glad I gave it a chance!
That being said, I have fairly clear and smooth skin that tends to be on the dry side. It is designed to be a light coverage foundation, and that is exactly what it is good for. It evened out my skin tone, offering me the amount of coverage I was looking for, but if you want something heavy to hide your every imperfection, this is not the foundation for you. If you're looking for something light and everyday that will make you absolutely glow, please give this product a chance!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2015 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Jeejayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have EVER used. Didn't last me through six hours of work. Zero coverage, even with the powder, I don't know what it's called, it's as bad as the foundation. It doesn't even go on my skin even, even with the porefessional as a primer. Second benefit product that I'm not happy with. Will only trust the eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cakesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Upon first applying this (I didn't use a primer), my reaction was, No. The coverage was light but uneven, and with the poor shade selection, the color was too yellow/orange and a smidge dark for my fair, cool complexion. I set it with my usual powder, and that didn't improve the situation.

But when I looked in the mirror several hours later, I was surprised to see that my face looked good, better than it had when I left my house. Everything seemed to kind of even out. And my skin is very combo this winter. Very dry patches, and still quite oily in the t zone. This did pretty well in both areas. My forehead wasn't super greasy, and it didn't accentuate dry patches at all! Which is the first thing I've tried this winter that I can say that about. And wear time seemed decent too. It didn't appear to be fading off too much in the afternoon.

I won't be purchasing this, mostly because I just can't bear the off color and uneven coverage when I first apply, but I can see where it would be liked by others. I wish I could give it a 3 1/2.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HonestReviews

What can I say, I read ALOT of reviews on this product speculating whether to buy it or not! And now that I have I am so glad I ignored some of the reviews! This foundation is beautiful for those who are seeking a lightweight feel, with the right amount of coverage to even out the complexion naturally whilst still providing a good base for other products.

Let me start by saying, if you are seeking a FULL coverage, this foundation is not it! Nor does it claim to be! Ofcourse it can be builded up, but when used how it is marketed, the finish is gorgeous.
I genuinely believe that the negative reviews this foundation receives is not based on the product itself but based upon the clients needs in a foundation, the application method and in general not fully understanding what the product offers.

So let's look at the Pro's and Cons

Pro's
- Provides a natural looking coverage
- Velvety feel, does not feel greasy on the skin
- Lasting power is good, and better if the matching Hello Flawless Powder is used sheerly through the T-Zone
- Does not cake
- Can be builded in problemed areas (I would recommend building and blending through problems rather than adding an entire layer to the face)
- Does Not oxidise
- Yellow undertones

Cons
- Range of colours is minimal
- Will not stop pimples from peaking through (however with this level of coverage it is not supposed too! just add some of benefits BOIING industrial strength concealer)
- does not offer many pinker tones for those who prefer it.

Application
I find that using a standard foundation brush (like a paintbrush flat on both sides) works best with this foundations consistency. It allows you to spread the product evenly and flawlessly without losing the foundation within the bristles (which would happen with a buffing brush) I do think a damp beauty blender can also give a beautiful look, however you will need a bit more product (if you desire) as the dampness on the sponge sheers it out a little.

Consistency
The foundation is a lightweight more "watery" feel. if you prefer gel like or thicker consistency, this is not for you.

Who's Skin?
I would recommend this foundation to those with normal, combination and dry skin. However if you have oily skin which usually oils up with foundations, then this foundation will be no different (it is not specifically made for oil control) but you know the drill! Primer!
This is very kind to my skin, it does not break out, and has no strong scent.

Finish
Provides a natural drained, however remains velvety with some matte properties.

Pairs well with?
This pairs well with there Hello Flawless Powder in the T-Zone! Add some Hoola Bronzer, blush of your choice and your favourite Highlighter (I used Mac's Perfect Topping). And Voila! your Base is complete and ready for the next step in the makeup process!

I hope you enjoyed this review, please leave me a reply on your opinion, on other tips and trick.

Brought to you by Honest Reviews

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 6:59:00 PM More reviews by thebriggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently received a sample of this to try out and I am so glad I didn't spend the money for the full size. It wasn't a terrible foundation per say, it is just not what I was looking for. I go for medium to full coverage in my foundations, and this one was very sheer. It wasn't buildable and it dried too fast on my face. I had to do small sections at a time, but I couldn't get the sections to blend together, so I had cakey looking lines where the foundation wouldn't blend together. This is the first time I've been disappointed by benefit's foundations. They have really never worked for me. It seems like they only cater to people who have normal to oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 6:09:00 PM More reviews by elisabethroselyn

I had high hopes for this product but i was dissapointed even after the first use. I mean it's not too bad but considering it being a high-end brand and for the price, i'd expect it to be better. I could get a better foundation at the drugstore! Kind of hard to blend, if you have dry skin stay away from this! It left dry patches is not what any of us would want, can be cakey.
Would not recommend, if youre gonna splurge on makeup i would not go for this at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2015 3:00:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

POREfessional primer, by BeneFit, works so well with my skin I just had to sample this fdtn.

SA matched my skin tone with color honey, but think champagne might have been a better color match. This applied okay; however, it lacked a minute amount of play I normally feel in a fdtn, so my fdtn intuition told me this would be too drying for my skin. Gave Oxygen Wow time to set, and then checked finish in the mirror…..intuition spot on, too drying for my skin, which in turn, doesn't provide a soft, even finish, nor blur fine lines.

UPDATE - Wore this again to double check finish. Within an hour, fdtn had oxidized much darker with a reddish tint, and clung to dry patches. Removed one lippie.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2015 9:13:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I managed to pick up a deluxe sample of this in shade I am so money honey. The label shows a darker colour. In fact, I thought this shade would be too dark for my olive Winter skin. Turns out it's the right depth, just a tad too peachy. Still workable if I bring it down to my neck.

This foundation is pleasant to use because it has quite a bit of slip. I can apply this in record time as it is so easy to massage into the skin- no tools needed. It makes my makeup look fresh and natural... I really like the initial effect. However, it soon starts to oil up and it also has the tendency to 'cake' as the days go on.

In conclusion, it works well initially but it has the tendency to become very shiny and to 'cake' after a few hours. If I am completely honest though, most foundations I tried turn shiny on me. It might work for people who don't have that problem :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:13:00 PM More reviews by aliaghobashalmarri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i think its an excellent product. it offers medium to full coverage. very build able and doesn't give a cake affect. however I'm a person with decent looking skin , few breakouts on the forehead. i am very acne prone however and have very sensitive skin , this foundation does not make my skin break out ! so this is one of the reasons i love it ! however it is VERY DEWY if u are a fan of matte foundations this is not for you. I noticed that i need to use a silicone based primer before using this foundation to keep a glowy flawless look. i recommend it to someone with yellow undertones in there skin or olive undertones and for people with dry , normal or combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is great for everyday use, this has spf 25 broad spectrum so its perfect!
the consistency is not thick& not too thin, very ideal. The thing I love the most about this foundation though is the packaging! Every foundation should have this packaging! there is absolutely no waste & you can clearly see how much is left! But back to the product performance: I bought this last winter & i don't know if it was my skincare routine or what, but this does accentuate dry patches in my experience. So it's not super hydrating. but i do take into consideration that my skin is a pain in the butt most of the times.
Its now summer & i tried it a few times recently & it was super good. though it did get oily after a few hours. Bottom-line: Its GOOD for everyday wear you just have to work with it.