BeneFit Cosmetics "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

3.1

Active Ingredients / Ingredients Actifs : Octinoxate 5.49 %, Titanium Dioxide 2.37 %. Other Ingredients / Autres: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone,Isododecane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Pentylene Glycol, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Phenoxyethanol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Prolinamidoethyl Imidazole, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, BHT. [+/- : CI 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dixoide)].

on 2/16/2015 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Info: NC35, Oily, Neutral tone. Using shade: Beige.

First of all, Beige is too yellow on me. I am a neutral undertone, so I can't go for foundations that are too yellow or pink, although the shade is almost perfect.
However, I can get away with it when I put on my whole face (after concealer etc), and it doesn't oxidise on me which is PERFECT! The texture is too liquid-y but I love that because you can build it up or sheer it down. Probably will try a shade lighter and see if that suits my skintone better!

on 2/13/2015 4:17:00 PM

Personally this is my favourite foundation, it last from 7:30 in the morning all the way until I remove it at night, it gives a radiant brightening glow to my skin and gives good coverage but is not Cakey on my skin so I would recommend this product

on 2/12/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation. It gives a natural but radiant finish and lasts all day on me. The texture is quite runny, but smooth and light. It gives a medium coverage that looks mostly like skin. I think this foundation is above average. It's not in my favorites, but it's definitely very nice. I think the key to getting this to work is to make sure you prep your skin really well. So making sure you have the right cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, and all the optional things like eye cream, toner, and primer if you need them. I'd say this is more for normal to dry skin. I don't think oily skin will do great with it. But I like it. I recommend it.

on 2/6/2015 2:00:00 PM

Personally this is one of my favorite foundations. I find that i can put this on in the morning and it will stay all day. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and gives good coverage. The packaging is cute although it is quite expensive. If you are wanting to try it out I would recommend buying it in one of there sets.

on 2/6/2015 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got the sample size of this stuff. I was really excited to try it because I am a big benefit fan. First off it didn't match my skin, secondly it was so runny, and third it made my skin look gross and shiny. I was expecting more from benefit. This is worse than my first foundation by the drugstore brand NYC I used when I was a teen.

on 1/29/2015 3:31:00 PM

I was told by a woman in boots that this was "perfect" for me after I had told her k needed apt of coverage. Haha. A horrible coverage, dries. yellow/orange and looks terribly cakey. Not worth so much.

on 1/24/2015 9:14:00 PM

I like this foundation for when I have clear skin or want a light coverage look for school or the beach. I like the semi-matte, glowy finish it gives me, although when it dries I find it changes colour quite a lot. I can build it to a medium coverage with out looking cakey. The consistency is very runny so I find it best applies with my fingers or a sponge to get an even application with no streaks. The longevity is somewhat disappointing as after a short day at school it has started to break up in my oily zones despite having normal to dry skin and using a decent primer, however it never clings to my dry patches. I find this foundation works best when my skin is on the slightly drier side. I definitely have to set this with powder or the transfer is terrible.
Overall I really like this foundation for when I'm feeling good about my skin and have less to cover and don't need it to last awfully long.

on 1/24/2015 2:08:00 PM

I loved the finish but stopped after three times of use. Broke me out. Could be great for someone without sensitive acne prone skin!

on 1/23/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This was the second benefit product I had tried, I got interested in benefit when I moved over from drugstore to higher end, they seem like a good priced brand and i like the feel/look of the brand so I decided try there foundation as I loved their porefessional.

Experience at the Counter-
First of all, I went to a Benefit counter to get it matched, the lady picked out a shade and put it on for me, she said 'i think that's a pretty perfect match' I turned to the mirror, and it was so yellow it was unbelievable. I understand that would match other people, but it looked completely out of shape on me. I kindly said ' no its not right' and picked up one that was close to me that looked more like my shade and it was 'Believe in me ivory' which to be honest matched me so perfectly, am I very fair which can sometimes be hard to get matched to something. Happy me so far! My experience the counter was satisfactory though the lady was very nice, just seemed like she couldn't be bothered, which was somewhat off putting.

Packaging- I love the packaging of the foundation, its fresh, cute and modern! I must say the pump in this foundation is the best pump I have seen in any foundation, in both drugstore and higher end. As you pump the foundation the 'bottom' of the foundation moves up pushing it out, rather than sucking it out. this makes sure that you waste no product what so ever. The frosted plastic is chick and very different from the usual glass bottles that we see on counters today. Also because its plastic I am not scared to travel with it or I wont scream and jump back 10 feet and hide in corner when I drop it, we've all been there, dropping a foundation with a glass bottle is NOT a pretty sight, loads of companies use glass bottles,(looking at you MAC!!) yes they look pretty but they aren't very practical especially when you are as clumsy as me.

Wear/Feel- I went home and immediately took my current makeup off so I could try it, I was very excited as before I was using drugstore foundation and the now more grown me was ready to get rid of drugstore and step into mid/high end cosmetic world, so I was very excited to try this! When I first pumped this on my hand I found it very thin and watery. At the time when I purchased this I was pretty inexperienced with makeup. I had no makeup brushes, not even a beauty blender so I used my fingers, (oh dear Jenny) The formula was easy to put on but it was very very sheer. I didn't like sheer coverage at the time(though now I do, I much prefer sheer coverage now) Non the less I carried on and set it how I used to with simple bronzing powder. Within a couple of hours it slid off my face, I even wore a primer, the Porefessional one actually, and it just didnt seem to hold out on me for very long at all. It was very oily, wet and very shiny! It looked like I had an oil slick going on... I have dry skin. So it was very weird for me!
Though now I am more experienced I could probably get it to set better and apply it better. But I just think this foundation is simply tooooo sheer to do be called a foundation and too sheer to really make your skin half decent. Tinted moisturizer maybe? Also the lady said she was wearing 3 layers... at the time I thought was ridiculous, and time consuming but now I understand.

Price- The price of this foundation in the UK is £26.50 which to me I don't mind spending that much.. IF IT WORKED. But it doesn't.. so I was totally annoyed that I had spent that much when I worked out that this foundation is a total flop, I was looking forward to benefit introducing me into the higher end cosmetic world.

Conclusion: I don't know, its not for me, it may work for other people don't get me wrong. Maybe it would be best wearing it in summer? Because its so sheer and light weight. Who knows, all I know is that my quest for the perfect foundation for me is open again.
As I have said the now more experienced me would probably work with this loads better, in terms of applying, setting etc but I am not so drawn into even trying it again at all. I don't know why but I have gone off benefit recently, they just aren't doing it for me recently, ever product I have brought I have sold on, even the porefessional (which was very good but I have recently found a better primer) and even their Hoola Bronzer was a flop (for me), which I used not long ago.

on 1/20/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Benefit is one of my favorite makeup brands ever. Since I am a huge fan and longtime user of the Benetint line, They're Real! mascara, and Porefessional primer, I figured I would give the foundation a try after overlooking it many times before. So off to my local Sephora, I went.

For starters, Benefit's displays, packaging, and product names are generally very fun and appealing, with this foundation being no exception. The bright colorful shelving is very eyecatching and draws you in. As I approached, I noticed an immediate con with this foundation: the lack of shade options. There are only nine shades in the line, all with warm undertones. I've read and seen many reviews which complain about the lightest shade being too dark, the darkest shade being too light, the absence of cool and neutral tones, and the warm tones being too orange.

With so little colors to choose from, it did not take me long to find a match, so I picked up the shade 'Gotta Know Me' Nutmeg (NW 45 for comparison). It is, unfortunately, the darkest shade in the line, but matches my complexion perfectly, so none of the aforementioned complaints apply to me. The packaging is simple, sleek, modern, and cute. It comes in a convenient pump bottle, which is always appreciated.

The formula is excellent. Its texture is super light, a little thin, for some, non-greasy, and blends easily into the skin, regardless of tools. Some say it sets too quickly for them to blend out well enough, but I don't think so. I find it to have a light to medium coverage, and is easily buildable. I can do my whole face and blend into my neck with two or three pumps, depending on desired coverage. I love that it does not oxidize or look/feel like "makeup" sitting on your skin. This foundation has a very natural finish, as well, not being too dewy or matte, but providing a glowy, satin-like effect. It covers acne pretty well, and glides over pores and fine lines, beatifully without primer, but looks even more flawless with a primer. The staying power is excellent as well, usually remaining on my face oil-free for seven hours without primer, eight or more with. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and I have not experienced any adverse reactions, irritation, or break outs. It works well with combo/oily skin, though it may cling to very dry spots.

This is probably one of my absolute favorite foundations, now. I love the way it feels and makes my skin look, and the addition of SPF 25 is an added benefit. I don't mind paying $36 for an ounce, as it can easily be purchased online, at Sephora, Ulta, or Benefit counters in department stores. I've repurchased many times before, and will definitely recommend.