April 17, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Extreme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most expensive lipstick I've ever bought. I honestly read so many good things about these lipsticks that I thought I'd buy one in Cherie Bow. It's so beautiful. It's a nice pale pink and it last long and is very very moisturizing. It doesn't feel oily, it's creamy and super luxurious. I can see what all the fuss is about! I'll definitely be trying some other shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by susiej

This was another 'Eldridge Inspired' buy for me. Lisa wore this shade in her first Foundation Course videos and before I knew what it was I thought it was really beautiful.
I haven't bought a Dior lipstick in years, I don't know why because they have never disappointed me.

I bought the shade 'Cherie Bow' #356. It is a lovely clear, slightly warm pink with a tiny hint of peachy coral on me. I just love this formula- I was worried that because it has a thin gel like consistency in application, it would be very shiny but it isn't. It has a lightweight, natural and very comfortable feel on the lips and receives major plus points for not sinking into my lip lines. Lasting power is normal for me (about 2-3hours).

The only thing that I am unsure about is the marketing surrounding this product line- the 'extreme' moniker seems a bit out of sorts given that there is nothing extreme in the shades, the lasting potential, the shine etc... If you buy it expecting "extreme" then perhaps you could be disappointed but I am personally thrilled with the product itself and hope to buy a couple more in different shades.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick! It is sheer and bright at the same time, translucent and pigmented. It lasts well and is really smooth on my lips. I will certainly rebuy soon as I use it all the time :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by abigtourist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually dread going to Sephora with my mom because she thinks that I spend too much money on my makeup -- which I do, but I don't really want to get a lecture on. So when I went with my mom, I tried to get her as excited as I am about makeup by asking for her opinion in certain products, which then resulted to us buying matching Dior Addict Extreme in the same shade - Riviera (#639). We both love using it, which is a surprise because the color very coral and I never expected my mom to like it. Already repurchased it in another color -- Bellissima (#789).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by macarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent texture and buildable pigmentation; best lip product I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The Addict Extreme line is hands down the best lipstick formula that Dior offers. I love the original Addict lipsticks and find several of the Dior Rouge lipsticks to be great. However, I think the AEs are truly the most silky, smooth, and hydrating. I own Plaza (a cool, bright pink) and Cherie Bow (a neutral, peachy-nude pink) and they have become instant staples! Both colors have great pigmentation that's buildable. The Dior Rouge lippies are more opaque in one swipe; the AEs are more than just sheer, but a bit less than fully pigmented. These colors last an average of three hours on me and fade evenly. I don't detect any real scent or flavor on these, which is nice. The packaging is really nice; the square tube is very cool and I like the overall design a lot. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this range and I'm eagerly anticipating the release of more colors!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by stls

I didn't want to give 5 lipsticks for this one because it's not what I was looking for but after a certain amount of uses I have yet to find a single flaw.
First of all, I ended up with 'Riviera' (while looking for a vampy burgundy, lol) Looks bright tangerine but with 1 swipe the color is fairly soft reddish pinkish neutral coral, always face-lightening. Very buildable but can end up very bright too (not the look I'm looking for this fall)
Consistency is not very creamy, quite firm but also a breeze to apply a thin layer. No noticeable taste or smell.
Also VERY moisturizing. I always carry around a lip balm but with this one I don't need it. Feels literally like lip balm on the lips, not like lipstick.
Applies evenly and makes lips look perfectly conditioned, smooth and juicy. Shine is similar to MAC lustres but the color is more vivid and 3x more longlasting. The shine fades first but the color- even as a stain- remains for hours. Impressive overall.
The packaging is stylish and luxurious (it has to be for the price!) but takes too much space.
Well, I can't really complain for a single thing but I don't consider it a must have/ HG either. It was a splurge, so I most probably won't buy again but if you can afford it and you like sheer bright moisturizing lipsticks I believe you would not regret buying this.

Edit: Ooops, I did it again! Recently I got Silhouette which is a very pretty MLBB peachy nude shade. Sheer, shiny and long lasting. I also tried Fireworks which is almost the same vibrant sheer but buildable red as MAC's Cockney with much more lasting power. (Although it may be a tad warmer and minus the shimmer- but the shimmer in Cockney doesn't show up either way) It's almost double the price but I think I'll consider Fireworks next time...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very impressed with this lipstick. I am a big fan of sheer hydrating lipsticks in general, but where this one differs IMO is its longevity. I'm used to reapplying lipstick consistently throughout the day and with this one, I would pull out my mirror and lipstick to reapply, only to find that it still looked great. Such a nice surprise! I even found that it stained my lips lightly.

I own Plaza, a bright neutral magenta which looks great on my very fair skin and due to the sheerness + worn over lip balm, is not overpowering. Packaging, as can be expected from Dior, is luxe and hefty. I'd love to get a few more colors from this line but am trying to be reasonable as I have so many lipsticks already. :) I'm sure I'll let myself be tempted again in the future though.

In short, a great hydrating, light lipstick with unexpectedly great lasting power on the lips. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must admit that I'm very impressed by the quality of Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks.
For years my signature lipstick has been Rouge Coco 05 Mademoiselle and I thought to have found the Holy Grail using it everyday: classic packaging, perfect coverage and flattering color.
But last June I received a free sample of Dior Addict Extreme in Lucky, n. 536, the same shade wore by Kate Moss in the magazine ads.
In the beginning I "forgot" it in the bottom of my bag, because the tube looked very shockingly pink.
Nothing against Eighties style, but it simply doesn't fit me. So I decided to give it away. Luckily I didn't!
After the first try, I've become addicted to Lucky. It's absolute perfection! The color, a watery strawberry red, is close to Rouge Coco Mademoiselle, just a little bit pinker and less red-brown, but the texture is heaven!
It gives the sensation of a lipbalm on lips with the bonus of a color that can last for hours with the help of a lipliner for contouring.
Okay, I confess: J'adore Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE this lipstick. It's little on the expensive side so I tend to reserve it for special occasions and use MAC for my daily use. I have it in Belissima which is a cool toned red with a definite pink tinge. It looks more red in the tube, but more pink on the lips. It goes on with a lovely sheen and feels soft and smooth. It lasts reasonably well, but as it fades leaves a lovely stain on the lips - so even if you can't reapply it still lasts most of the day, even through eating and drinking. The packaging is nice if a little bit chunky to carry around! It layers well so you can make it as much of a sheen or an intense pigment as you want. I tend to put some on, let it settle as a stain and then apply another layer some minutes later for a bolder finish. Well worth the splurge if you want to feel just lovely when you put it on. Fantastic!!