Dior Addict Extreme

4.5

on 9/13/2013 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I recently discovered this whilst interviewing at dior counter, I was swatching the lipsticks whilst waiting and fell in love with the 829 sunset boulevard. I then went to purchase the 619 and 986 from their new mystic metallic collection and when I have time I'll deffo be going to dior and trying some more! I love the consistency of the lipsticks, really smooth an moisturising, don't accentuate dryness, and have good lasting power and look shinyish, the colour selection dior has is amazing and so much better than chanel or ysl. I would say if the YSL rouge volupte and rouge couture had a baby it would be the dior extreme because its a perfect mix.

on 8/21/2013 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this in "Lucky", 536, and it's one of my favorite lipsticks. It slicks on smoothly with medium coverage, is shiny for an hour or so, and then stays put as a stain for hours when the shine wears off. I love that it covers my pigmented lips, and it feel great throughout the wear. Another reviewer mentioned that these lipsticks are for fair skinned ladies, but I don't agree-- this one worked for me, and I think the colors will work well for a variety of skin tones.

on 6/1/2013 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Drum roll please.....my HG lipstick has finally arrived! Previously, Rouge Coco Shine had been the forerunner for the title, but once I found these, my poor (but rather expensive) stash of Coco Shines have slid to the back of the drawer (they feel great but only last 2 min). Although I love lipstick, I have never thought it looked good on me - just don't have the right lips I guess. Although I love the bright lipstick look, it always ended up looking too gawdy on me whereas the nude lipstick look made me look washed out so I always ended up gravitating to a pinkish / berry toned translucent balm style lipstick - hence my love of the Coco Shine range. Also, I always found anything warm toned - corals, orange reds, browns - just looked strange on my cool toned skin. Well, as I approach 40 I've decided that I have well and truly earned the right to wear bold lipstick (I want to rock a proper red lip for once!) and was keen to banish the 'balmy' look of my early 20s, and then Dior Addict Extreme arrived! What's so good about them? They feel beautifully moisturising like a balm but they look like a grown up, full coverage lipstick and they have good staying power. The colour also looks moist, but not shimmery, which was one thing I wasn't over fussed about with the Coco Shines. IMO, shimmer tends to make lips look smaller. I first bought Plaza (my usual, a cool, bright magenta pink), but soon followed with Incognito (an almost lilac toned nude - the only true nude I've found which suits me) and then Lucky, a cool pinky red. I'd usually stop at these three cool toned shades but I thought what the hell, I want to wear coral! So I bought Riviera - only coral that has also suited me and Bellisima - a deep berry red, which is lovely but perhaps the hardest shade I have to wear. These colours are not 'extreme' as everyone else has also commented. They are what I would consider normal vibrancy - but for some strange reason, the colours and texture are just amazing. The only way I can describe them is "soft but bold" - the colour just 'becomes' your lips if that makes sense? Couldn't help myself - just ordered Sunset Blvd, Fireworks and Cherie Bow. Should never have to buy a lipstick again now!!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is the first Dior lipstick I have ever bought and it won't be the last. I got shade Sunset Boulevard which is a beautiful berry red shade.
It applies like a moisturising lip balm but the colour is absolutely amazing. It is very pigmented. It looks almost wet look on the lips!
The lasting power of this lipstick is another thing. It is incredible and stays put for hours without re-applying. The colour doesn't wear at all. I am so impressed.
If you would like to see a full review, please visit my blog, http://blondiesbeautybag.blogspot.co.uk/

on 4/8/2013 7:26:00 PM

I bought one of these in the color "Miami" and it is the most gorgeous pinky shade of coral. The formulation is creamy and seems to stay on longer than average lipstick. I would remark that as you expect, with the Dior name comes a higher price point and so I think it a good idea to know the color is one you like before buying. The quality of these is excellent.

on 4/8/2013 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the most expensive lipstick I've ever bought. I honestly read so many good things about these lipsticks that I thought I'd buy one in Cherie Bow. It's so beautiful. It's a nice pale pink and it last long and is very very moisturizing. It doesn't feel oily, it's creamy and super luxurious. I can see what all the fuss is about! I'll definitely be trying some other shades.

on 3/29/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was another 'Eldridge Inspired' buy for me. Lisa wore this shade in her first Foundation Course videos and before I knew what it was I thought it was really beautiful.
I haven't bought a Dior lipstick in years, I don't know why because they have never disappointed me.

I bought the shade 'Cherie Bow' #356. It is a lovely clear, slightly warm pink with a tiny hint of peachy coral on me. I just love this formula- I was worried that because it has a thin gel like consistency in application, it would be very shiny but it isn't. It has a lightweight, natural and very comfortable feel on the lips and receives major plus points for not sinking into my lip lines. Lasting power is normal for me (about 2-3hours).

The only thing that I am unsure about is the marketing surrounding this product line- the 'extreme' moniker seems a bit out of sorts given that there is nothing extreme in the shades, the lasting potential, the shine etc... If you buy it expecting "extreme" then perhaps you could be disappointed but I am personally thrilled with the product itself and hope to buy a couple more in different shades.

on 3/23/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this lipstick! It is sheer and bright at the same time, translucent and pigmented. It lasts well and is really smooth on my lips. I will certainly rebuy soon as I use it all the time :)

on 3/23/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I usually dread going to Sephora with my mom because she thinks that I spend too much money on my makeup -- which I do, but I don't really want to get a lecture on. So when I went with my mom, I tried to get her as excited as I am about makeup by asking for her opinion in certain products, which then resulted to us buying matching Dior Addict Extreme in the same shade - Riviera (#639). We both love using it, which is a surprise because the color very coral and I never expected my mom to like it. Already repurchased it in another color -- Bellissima (#789).

on 2/20/2013 1:26:00 AM

Excellent texture and buildable pigmentation; best lip product I have tried!

Recommended for Medium Skin