September 1, 2014 | 1950 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am somewhat intrigued to see all of these negative reviews. I did not experience any drying of the lips, ect. For me, this lip balm was a bit greasy which is why if I could, I would rate it a 4.5. Other than that it worked pretty well. It adds shine to your lips, softens them, and hydrates. However this does smell faintly of fruit loops but tastes OK. My biggest complaint would be that the packaging is not impressive at all. It is made of a cheap plastic and when you twist it all the way to the top the lip balm may break off.
I bought mine for $3.97 which makes it one more dollar than the other Burt's Bees lip balms but it is still very inexpensive. This worked for me so I will repurchase.
***EDIT***
I want to now apoligize for my earlier statement about not understanding the bad reviews. Now that I have gone through a lot more of the product, I can say that I agree that this lip balm can get grainy. It feels like grains of sand have been glued to my lips. Plus thinking about it, this does make my lips somewhat greasier than I may have originally led you on to. I would still repurchase for home use because this still hydrates my extremely dry lips and worked better than my Baby Lips at that.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

This is the worst lip balm I have ever tried. How is this "ultra conditioning"? All it does is leave a slippery greasy feeling on my lips that never seems to absorb. If anything, it made my lips feel even more dry. Plus, it smells and tastes nasty. Burt's Bees, please get rid of this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I just bought my second tube today...and I don't think I have ever bought the same lip product twice in my life. Nothing works for me, I have perpetually dry lips. Even the other BB's lip balms didn't work for me. But this one does. It is a very creamy emoliating balm with decent lasting power (do any of them really last long?). I keep it on my nightstand and apply it even night, and I had other balms for the daytime in my purse and at my desk. Well those just suck enough for me to replace them with this even though I hate wasting unfinished product. This balm is just that much superior. And of course, I love the no-animal-testing. I would recommend this balm if you have truly dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ40

I have no idea what kokum butter is, but it must be good stuff! I LOVE this lip balm! There is no fragrance, no taste. It is a little slippery and does need reapplication frequently, but that is okay with me. It is very moisturizing. I have repurchased this several times, even in the twin pack. I hope they don't ever quit making it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Lexikitana97

Hate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst Burt's Bees Lip Balm that I've used so far. It didn't moisturize my lips at all, and I really dislike the smell/taste. The texture was okay at first, somewhat greasy for a Burt's Bees Lip Balm, but over time I found that it became kind of gritty and unpleasant to wear. I also found myself having to reapply constantly because it was actually drying my lips out. It's also priced higher than the normal Burt's Bee's Lip Balms, which makes it even worse for how low quality it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by marinasdiamonds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
I love the smooth texture my lips have after I apply this on. I can't say it really helps to stop my lips from being cracked and dry, but it definitely feels like it works when it's on my lips. I tried Blistex's Deep Renewal and it was garbage. I had a horrid taste in my mouth the whole day and it did nothing to help my lips. But Burts - can never go wrong.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by albs

Not moisturizing at all. Very slippery on the lips- almost liquidy. With so much slip it wears off very quickly. I don't understand how this can be labelled as "ultra conditioning" when it doesn't do anything except dry your lips out more, especially when they do have some really nice lip balms. Their mango butter one is my HG. Love it. Avoid this one, try one of their other balms.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Almost everyone has already said what I think about this product: terrible. Thin and greasy feeling on the kips. It wears off in a matter of minutes (single digit) and leaves my lips feeling drier than before application. i can't believe the package claims it provides "4-hour moisturization." What?! I bought a two-pack of these at Target hoping it would be good for overnight protection in dry, winter weather. What a waste. I'm really surprised Burt's could manage to make a product this bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by siminims

I loved this product...at first. Two weeks later and I'm also stuck with dry, chapped, even CRACKED lips. They almost bled today! It was awful!
But just fyi: symptoms like these, for me, are always indicative of a mild allergic reaction. I've only had this happen with one or two other products, but it could be something a lot of people are mildly allergic to, especially if it's something unique to this chapstick! So maybe look the ingredients, see if there are any components that may set you off.
And in the meantime, I am using up a very boring but very soothing container of Vaseline. Sigh.