April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne, and this foundation conceals the acne whilst not being too "cakey" or "orange" like so many others- good for all skin tones, & lasts all day (around 6 hours!) Doesn't smell bad either. This is always my go- to foundation, I always purchase this one; the price is also very cheap (6.99) for such good quality, & it's better than many high end designer foundations out there! Amazing, a must buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by poisonivy08

since rimmel isn't sold here in the philippines, my husband who is from the UK bought me loads of rimmel products and one of my favorite is this foundation. :-)
pros: - easily to blend
- not oily
- not heavy on the skin
- doesn't have a bothering scent
- not cakey
-doesn't oxidize on me
- hides imperfections yet leaves a natural finish .

cons:- packaging
- not that long staying

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mali1712

I love this foundation! It has great coverage and doesnt feel greasy or anything as a matter of fact it feels very light. It is my new favorite foundation, I use to love the fit me maybelline foundation stick but i run out of it so fast that it is just not worth the price unlike this foundation where i only need a little to cover my whole face! And the color suits my skin perfectly imjust love it ! I will definitly repurchase when i run out !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

I bought this in Soft Beige after my mum recommended it. I paid about $12 AUD for it, which is much cheaper than my usual foundation. The colour is a really good match for my skin, not too pink or yellow. I like how the coverage is not too heavy but it is also buildable. I was using my fingers to apply it to my face but I just started using a brush and it looks great. I have combination/oily skin, just my t-zone really and at first this really mattified my face, but I find that after a few hours my nose gets a little oily. But I use the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder to set it and for any quick touch ups when that happens and they work really well together. At first this product broke me out worse than I had broken out in a couple of years but I continued to use it and my skin is fine now. I think I'll repurchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nikkiliz

I really wanted to love this..and I did for a very short lived period. For the $4.99 I picked it up at Walgreens for, the price tag was pretty irresistible and I heard rave reviews about it on YouTube. It does give a nice medium-full coverage and has a true matte finish, this is not meant for dry skin!! It clings to dry patches, and is NOT long lasting at all, by my lunch break at work it was falling off my face, even with a MAC primer and finishing powder. Now about a week into use my face has broken out so badly. If you've got oily skin this may be a great foundation for you, but this was a big fail for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ababyduckwaslost

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am ghostly pale and I was surprised when this line had my color (light ivory) so i bought it and it is pretty nice. I don't have to powder my face as much during the day. I would say from having to powder between every period to maybe until maybe after gym (i actually participate for those wondering why) . I do have breakout but I can't say it is from this...my face has always been crappy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by baileenicolesmith

So thick! I definitely broke out, clogged my pores like crazy. Good coverage and color match, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mmmsol

this product worked wonderful on my skin without looking cakey. I used this product with a beauty sponge... although it is suppose to be a matte... the oil in my gace did peak through so I had to use a aetting powder. This product was pretty good for the price, I got it for about 4 dollats at my local walmart. The color I got was soft beige and was a perfect match for my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by likedelicate

I want to start by saying that I loved this product...until it broke me out. The packaging was nice and easy to work with. The price was absolutely fantastic, I bought this at walgreens for 4.99. It's full coverage and very mattifying, but it does make dry patches look worse, so I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has very dry skin. Overall this product worked very nicely but for my combination skin the matte look did not last very long. After 2 hours I noticed the oil on my t-zone. If my skin hadn't broken out from this I would have probably repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eh. Not awful, but not fabulous. The price is terrific, and the color match (Ivory 100) is one of the best I've ever had from a drugstore foundation. Also, the oil control is exceptionally good. For those reasons, I can make it work.

But I definitely don't categorize this as Holy Grail status for the following reasons:

The formula is very dry and doesn't really meld with skin well. The coverage, while I would classify it as medium to full, is not terribly smooth and even, despite careful blending. Those factors mean that it's quite visible and not very natural. It's very clear I am wearing makeup. It did not do a good job of filling in pores, which is a common problem I have with long wearing foundations. I used a primer (Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro) which helped, but didn't solve the problem completely. And for God's sake, do not put this anywhere near your undereye area. It's a nightmare if you have even the finest of lines.

Again, it's not terrible. You could definitely do worse, especially at this price point. If you're on a budget it's a product that will do what you need, even if it's not completely perfect. I do like that they've finally realized "orange" is not a shade range and provided some options for fair skinned people. Previously even their lightest shade was too dark for me, so that's progress.