October 24, 2014 | 1018 users online

Other - Colgate - Optic White

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never had a problem with tooth sensitivity until I started to use this product! Everything started to hurt my teeth (hot, cold, frozen). Not to mention that the toothpaste was literally gritty and made my mouth feel like I just brushed with sandstone. I prefer crest 3d white luxe! Not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the Enamel White version of this toothpaste--

This is the best whitening toothpaste I've ever used! It beats any version of Crest 3D white, Rembrandt, Pronamel, etc. I've tried the original version of this toothpaste when it first came out & I wasn't too impressed, at that point Crest 3D was still my favorite. Then this specific version came out, I decided to try it & I never looked back! Since using this I noticed a pretty big improvement in the whiteness of my teeth. Other people even started to notice & told me that my teeth were really white (I didn't even mention I was using a new toothpaste). My cousin asked me what I was using & she uses it now too. Mind you, my teeth weren't really that yellow to begin with but they were just kind of "meh" & average. Now I actually get compliments. Using this alone most likely won't give you professional dentist-whitening results (c'mon let's be real here, it's a toothpaste), especially if your teeth are more stained but it will make your teeth brighter & several shades whiter. Remember, to get good results, you have to be consistent with this. Brush with it at least twice a day, everyday, & brush thoroughly. That should be a no-brainer. This stuff is awesome though & I notice a huge difference when I start using another toothpaste, my teeth aren't as white. Just to add, I have not gotten any sensitivity from this either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cwisthtine

Besides the fact that it tastes like I'm brushing my teeth with Windex, it feels much too abrasive against my teeth and gums. Also, I'm not sure if it actually whitened my teeth. I'm glad I only got the travel size which I will most likely throw away.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by addikted

Was expecting more from this, considering it's claims. Cost me $7 in Australia. Bought on the hype that it was the UK's top selling whitening toothpaste. Well I think they might've bought into the hype too..hence pushing up sales.

I used this twice a day and no noticeable whitening. Used it for two weeks, nothing much.
Switched back to regular toothpaste.

Found this had a slight burning sensation, felt on my lips mostly and slightly to my gums. My teeth felt more sensitive.

After running out of my other toothpaste I gave this another go, well holy moly my teeth look whiter in one go. I do find that if I've eaten say pineapple or berries, this works a lot more. Maybe it's the fruit acids softening the enamel to help it whiten. Now that is not a god thing as softened enamel should not be brushed to further hit the enamel. But I will say I'm giving this anther go and IF it does something positive, even noticeable if not extreme, I will keep using it.

Some days my teeth look much more stained than other days - coffee, red wine I'm sure it all does it's stuff..so I will re-test this stuff out, to the end of the tube which is another 3/4 of it, then will update.

I do find my mouth feels fresh and clean after using this, even if not whitened. It is a nice toothpaste for that.
Will try the 'leave on teeth for 30mkns like whitening strips' trick and see if that makes a difference.

As it stands would not repurchase - but will review again in few weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by chrisandlen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Had high hopes for this toothpaste but was sadly disappointed.
Within first day mouth felt on fire and my jaw started to ache.
Thought it was my imagination so kept going within 5 days had painful lips and a mouth ulcer which I haven't had for decades.
I stopped and after a few days the aching stopped and my ulcer improved.
There was no whitening affects only pain and discomfort.
Be very careful as I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had this reaction. I have since learned this toothpaste contains hydrogen peroxide. Please look up side effects.
I am disappointed as I have used Colgate products for years and they have been excellent.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by boboisfat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

RUN!!!!! Used this for a week and kept waking up with swollen dry cracked painful lips and dry mouth. i googled this toothpaste and there are many many people who have had this same issue or even worse. will be switching back to toms.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to give this a try and quickly realized it was not as effective at removing plaque as CREST 3D WHITE. I started brushing with Crest first, floss, then brush again with Colgate Optic White. The tooth surface is already clean and it can deliver a more uniform result.

As several people have reported, the ingredients do cause tooth sensitivity and slight pain in gums. That's why I go ahead with a third brushing with SENSODYNE. It cleans gently and ensures that no residue is left behind.

I switched from SPARKLING MINT to COOL MINT as the flavor is milder. ENAMEL WHITE's ingredient concentration seemed too high, though it might be a little more effective. For me a mild whitening is enough.

NOTE: I think many more people would be able to use this if they were willing to brush their teeth again with a gentler product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by MissMarisa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was honestly okay with it. It's a toothpaste. Nuff said

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by modegirl12

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! Look up the consumer affairs website and it will have all of the horrible reviews of the side effects from this product. I developed extremely swollen lips, a rash with blisters on my upper and lower lip line, cracked corners of my mouth, headaches, and a consistent sore throat. I have been using this for over a month and did not connect my symptoms to this toothpaste until I found all the complaints this past week on consumer affairs. I went to my doctor last week and they had me take an allergy and herpes test that both came back negative. For a whole month now, I was thinking it was something I was eating. But after reading the similar complaints, it has to be this toothpaste. I have discontinued use and started using TOM's to hope to get back to some normalcy. I'm going this month to my dentist and ENT to see if there has been any serious damage. I will update by the end of this month on my current situation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works great in just a few uses. I was using the crest 3d vivid and glamorous white but they had no effect. I see great results with this and it's cheap. It also doesn't irritate my gums like the prohealth series did.