Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Raspberry Pie

4.1

on 7/14/2013 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

True raspberry color. Smooth application. Doesn't dry out my lips. This is NOT a sheer lip butter--it's very pigmented. So pigmented I sometimes have to blot to make it a little more modest. Adds a wonderful pop to the lips.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30-35, warm

I picked this up because essiebutton mentioned that it was one of her favorite colors. I love this shade! This has been my go to lip color for nights out when I want to rock a bold lip. Color is a gorgeous raspberry pink-red; I would say leaning more towards pink. Color is bright yet pretty dark. Formula is moisturizing and with all revlon lip butters, there is a glossy sheen to them, which I prefer because It just makes your lips look juicy. This product is ridiculously opaque in one swipe and it is moisturizing. I'm not a fan of revlon lip butters but I would repurchase this shade!

on 6/16/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was an impulse purchase: I've been looking for a good raspberry color for summertime. It fits the bill. It's moisturizing, creamy, and the color builds up nicely. It gives a nice pop of color and fades evenly.

I don't notice a smell and the texture is really nice.

The cap stays on and clicks firmly into place, which is more than I can say for some more expensive brands. I'm not thrilled with the packaging (but this is where department store brands have the advantage): the plastic feels cheap and the quilted design makes it seem like they're trying to knock-off Chanel. But it's what is inside that counts for this product.

I'll probably buy another color or two of this (especially if I catch it on sale again). It's definitely cheaper than my Nars habit!

Loving these lip butters! This colour is a bright raspberry pink, looks really nice on my fair cool toned skin. I would say it definitely leans to having more cool undertones. These lip butters are great as while this colour is really bright and noticeable, the lip butter consistency means that it is a bit more glossy and sheer than a full on lipstick, so in my opinion makes it a bit more wearable for everyday. The formula is great as it can be put on lightly with a more sheer look, or can be built up really easily to make a really nice bright lip. Definitely loving these lip butters :)

on 6/1/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this product but I don't think it's one of the best of the lip butters from revlon. Raspberry pie is more of a dark raspberry color. I would not repurchase the color because there is much better lip butter shades from revlon that are nicer the raspberry pie. It's just not my favorite color.

on 5/28/2013 6:17:00 PM

I love this product! Awesome for yellow toned people and keeps lips moisturized and is so very vibrant in color!

on 4/30/2013 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As much as I loved this product, it's just terrible to use now.

I don't know what it was, whether it was change of environment or just the formula. Something weird happened to it when I return home to Australia from the US and now it's just messy to use. It's like it went through the microwave and never set properly again.

Seriously messy. Everywhere. Just... No.

Tossing it in the bin, :(

on 4/28/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There was a huge crave over the COlourBurst Lip Butter. From tv advertisements to appealing pictures in magazines, I was desperate to try!

I bought in the shade sorbet. With two generous coats, it is amazing! The colour is so vibrant and looks so right! It is creamy, not drying, moisturizing, easy to apply and soft. It is such a good purchase. It lasts for ages and in the shade sorbet, it goes with practically everything! It can be wore as one coat for a natural, healthy colour or two/three coats for a bright, pop of candy colour. Makes you look brighter, more beautiful and ready to face an otherwise dull day.

on 4/28/2013 11:21:00 AM

Love the Revlon Lip Butters. Have ventured into the darker/vivid colors - Raspberry Pie is one of those - you need to use a lighter touch with this one. It will take me a long time to use this one up!

on 4/24/2013 10:59:00 PM

Seriously I've been using this same lip color for over 3 months! I can't put it down.. I'm in love.. The color is so pretty, the color is vibrant very pigmented. I've gotten so many compliments when I wear It. It's very moisturizing & nice shine, & best of all it's Not Sticky!!!.. My favorite lip product of all time!!! Will be extremely sad if they discontinued it! Best 6 dollars I have ever spent! Love, love, love!!!!!

Popular Lipsticks