April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this BB cream (in Golden Glow) in my Birch Box my last month. If it hadn't been for Birch Box, I likely would have never tried this because a). I've never heard of the brand and b). so many American BB creams are crap. Ok, perhaps crap is too harsh a word here but the BB creams that are sold in the US are not real BB creams for whatever reason. They're generally just slightly thicker tinted moisturizers with BB slapped on the bottle to take advantage of the craze.

When I got this tube, I figured the color wouldn't match my skin because, thus far, the people at Birch Box send me makeup colors that are far too light and far too loud (why is the questionnaire there again?). Luckily, the Golden Glow shade matches my skin. Per the directions, this particular shade can be wore alone or under makeup. I tried wearing this alone and frankly, my skin isn't good enough to pull that off. This isn't the cream's fault because I don't believe this shade is meant to really cover much, just enhance. The last few times I've worn this, I used it under foundation and got pretty good results.

The cream itself is bit on the thick side. I wouldn't call it a balm really, but it's a tad thicker than some of the BB creams out there today. It's very smooth and glides on the skin like butter (sans the grease and buttery smell obviously). It gives my skin a little extra oomph which is greatly appreciated. I haven't noticed any breakouts from this either.

I'm kind of on the fence about buying this in the full size because I'm not sure it's something I really, really need. I typically use Tarte's Smooth Operator under my foundation and that's a step above this product. I would recommend it to someone who is looking for something closer to a real BB creme because I think this is as good as it's gonna get (unless you buy BB creme from eBay). This product is decent enough but I simply did find it amazing or a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

I have combo skin and this stays on all day. It's light to medium coverage on me but you can definitely build it up! I usually apply a thin layer of this just to even out some discolouration and then go over with my Mac concealer to cover up my hyperpigmentation & acne scars. It's honestly the best BB cream I have found SO FAR and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lexfauxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first tried this bb cream, i thought it was drying, it flaked around my pimples and dry patches, i also thought the darkest shade made me look really pale and sickly. But, this weekend i had a terrible breakout due to my new bb cream (garnier for oily/combination skin) so terrible, that i don't even want to leave my house!! But sadly i do have to leave my house today, so i put on a vitamin e cream on my face to moisturize and help heal my skin a bit, and i decided it couldn't do any more harm to give this bb cream one more shot. So i applied the marcelle bb cream in medium-dark over top of the moisturizer and to my surprise it matches my skin tone really well! It's not full coverage so you can still see my acne underneath a bit, but it really conceals it pretty well. Right now this bb cream is a life saver. I dont remember how much i paid for it i think around 20$. I kind of look a bit shiny but only because of the vitamin e cream underneath, i'm still a bit weary to try this bb cream without moisturizer underneath because i remember it making me look so flakey. I also like the applicator how it has a pump nozzle so i really like this product right now, i will continue using this and see how i like it after a few weeks:)

EDIT: I stopped using this because it has silicones in it which makes you break out, i didnt want to risk further breaking out. Also it feels really really thick which i dont like, i can tell that its on my face, its more like a foundation than a tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

So this is my first western BB cream, and I'd say this definitely does not compare to some Korean BB creams (Etude House, Lioele) I have tried. I bought this mostly because it claims to offer immediate hydration and soothing/calming properties. I never ever expect any product other then a moisturizer to be actually moisturizing, and the Korean BB cream (Etude House) I was using before this was actually kind of drying and the Marcelle one is not drying, however since my skin is sensitive and slightly dry on the cheeks in terms of mild eczema like irritations, i feel it may cause or aggravate any existing dry patches. My forehead is slight oily, and this BB cream does not make it any more oily. My skin tone is evened out slighty and my skin looks decently smooth as it gives light coverage with a satin-matte finish, depending on any products you put before this. I personally like an SPF in my BB cream, but its not too big of a complaint for me. Though, I find it a little odd of how this BB cream will protect my skin from premature aging and environmental stresses without any SPF. I noticed that Marcelle's BB cream has a faint sour smell which doesn't offend me but I just want to comment on that as it may bother others. Overall, I think its worth a try, especially because its a Canadian product, but this isn't for me. $20.96 at Real Canadian Superstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Cheapchic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the BB cream and powder in a set for $23 CAD at London Drugs in medium to dark. I am NC30 and would say this shade was a bit dark on me but I didn't mind.

I really liked the natural coverage and the moderately moisturizing attributes of this BB. I use Legere and also Kate BB gel on a regular basis and find that the Marcelle product is equally as good especially for the price. I can add some pigment powder where there is discoloration and I have pretty good success for a sheer but flawless look. Overall, I do recommend this BB, especially at this price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by bladejynxxm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like this product.

Great coverage and consistency.

A little dark on my skin but the tone is neither too yellow nor too pink. The pump can be troublesome.

Would not recommend this product to people with oily or combo skin as my skin got shiny by the end of the day, but I did not mind.

If you are very fair the colour is not great (typical of BB creams and tinted moisturizers) but i find that if i layer a lighter powder over top it corrects the colour.

If you are having trouble with the pump squirting try holding the product with the pump facing down so the product will pool down into the pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really want to love this product but I can't although I know why everyone loves it.

First of all, it have pump dispenser from a tube so it's really great and hygienic to use. It is very handy.

Second, it goes on really nicely and gives a beautiful glow and a medium coverage without looking cakey.

My only problem is that it doesn't stay. I tried with primer, without primer, with setting powder, without setting powder... I tried everything! At the end of the day, at some place on my face you can see my skin, and on other place, you can see the product. It look patchy, like i rubbed my face on a towel, but I don't !!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bb cream. I use the med/dark shade and I also have the golden glow in this. It goes on smooth and feels light and not heavy at all. I received a sample and I went out of my to order this online and love it! The nicest feature is that it has a pump dispenser from a tube which makes the packaging unique and very handy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely 100% recommend this BB cream. Last year I wanted to see what all the hype was about BB cream. The cosmetic specialist at Shoppers Drug Mart recommend that I try this one. I got the light/medium shade. The coverage is excellent and it instantly smoothes out my complexion. The convenient pump dispenses just the right amount. It does not dry out my skin and it does not look like I've caked it on. I find that it blends perfectly with my skin colour (I don't get that gross orange line on my jaw line). It was about $20.00 CDN and it is worth every penny! I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea2358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like how it looks, how it feels..... But honestly this is the worst smelling beauty product I've ever gotten!!!!! My guy friend came close to me and say what smells so bad? I can't quite describe it, almost rotten kinda rotten smell :( I love this product, because it sits on my face beautifully! but I really don't know about the smell... Anyone else got this problem?