Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

3.7

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Firstly, I have to start this off by saying I think the whole BB cream fad is extremely overrated, but I continue to try them because I enjoy trying new products, I have about 50 different samples tubes of assorted kinds, and they are all so different. Sometimes it's merely a glorified primer, other times I feel like I'm working with a medium coverage foundation. Generally, I wear BB creams as a primer. I have tried them various ways and find most are not able to replace my moisturizer and/or foundation. BB/CC/DD/tinted moisturizer/foundations are an individual preference. I think these are great for minimum coverage types. Lately, I have been working nights as an RN and find my typical full face of makeup doesn't quite fit in at my place of work. (Most people show up looking like they've rolled out of bed not bothering to brush their hair...my eyelashes and contouring craziness isn't quite translating the way I'd hoped.)

With all this being said, I have to say this particular product has come in very handy as of late. I wear it mostly as a primer and put a tiny amount of my Make Up For Ever HD Foundation over it to add a little additional coverage. I received a smallish tube of this in my Birch Box in Golden Glow. I found it made my skin look dewy and alive, which is more than my Pixi primer was doing. (I love Pixi, but the primer is pretty basic, especially compared to this.) I felt the coverage was sheer, but not too sheer where it was pointless. I found it lasted most of the night/early morning and increased the staying power of my foundation and decreased the shine/oiliness. There was no smell and I found the product blended easily and was buildable. I usually use my #55 airbrush foundation brush from Sephora, but sometimes use my beautyblender to go over the finished look again. I have never heard of this brand before, but I am very interested to try their other products. I would probably even purchase this on my own, despite my intense dislike of BB creams! For all you BB fans out there, I would give this product a shot!

on 6/22/2014 4:44:00 PM

i really do like this BB cream does a great job! i stopped using foundation as it was cakey, expensive and just too much work. i bought the clinique moisture renewal (or something like that) BB cream and it worked pretty welll. however, i still had break outs and i wore that with cover up. my sister bought this marcelle one and i tried it out then bought it for myself. this BB cream does a great job covering up everything and giving FLAWLESS coverage quickly! up close in a mirror u can't even tell you have anything on. i found this best to apply with a beauty blender and dabbing it in, or using my fingers does the trick too.

on 6/13/2014 2:26:00 PM

It goes on great and evenly, It doesn't get cakey. My only complaint is it doesn't last all day. Great price and it lasts me about 6+ months.

on 5/23/2014 9:57:00 AM

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have tried a bunch of BB Creams and I never found one that fit my normal/dry skin type. They were all made for oily skintypes, or didn't have lighter tones. So, I was always searching for a Bb Cream that was going to adapt to my skin. This one is a Miracle!!! It evens out your skin tone wirhout looking like you have anything on your face (even if you look up close in the miror). It's hydrating and it feels like your skin is bare from makeup. Lovely texture and that packaging is great!!!

on 4/7/2014 1:56:00 AM

After using a Marcelle brand foundation, I was excited to try their BB cream. I needed something to cut down on my beautifying time in the morning when I became a mom.
Pros:
- Nice coverage for when you don't have time for your usual morning routine.
- Don't need to use moisturizer prior to application.
- Was able to match to my skin tone well.
- Love that it's in a tube.
- Affordable
Cons:
- I was a bit disappointed with the blending of this when using my fingers (have yet to try a brush after reading that other reviews said that'd work better).
- I also noticed that you really need to wash your fingers well after applying because it sticks so much.
- With my combination skin, at the end of the day my face is shiny in my T-zone.
- It also caused me to breakout the first few times I used it, but then subsided.

I chose that I wouldn't buy this again only because this is the first BB cream I've tried. I'm willing to try other brands.

on 2/3/2014 3:35:00 AM

After many purchases this is still my favourite. I've tried many brands including Korean and high-end ones and this is still the best! It has good coverage and looks very natural on my skin. I believe they are only two shades though so this might not match everyone's skintone. On mine, however, it's just perfect.

on 1/22/2014 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN DO A PATCH TEST BEFORE BUYING IT!!!

BB creams are supposed to be good for those who have sensitive skin, especially since a lot of foundations cause me to break out or have rashes. I decided to try this one since it was one of the first BB creams to have come in Canada, I bought this thinking i would love it, which I did for about two days and then realized that this product caused me to break out and cause a lot of rashes on my face. This bottle went to a waste which made me really sad, I wish I had taken a sample rather than the full bottle! I would not reperchase

on 1/18/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Overall:
- Coverage: Good. It's quite heavy coverage for a BB cream. I feel this is more of a foundation. Applied straight from the tube, I look a bit "plastered" with makeup. I now mix in a drop of Origins Mega-Brite Skin Tone Correcting Serum or Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair to equal parts Marcelle BB Cream, and I look more dimensional, glowy and less "matte-flat".
- No real detectable scent. Huge bonus.
- Does not cause me to break out. Bigger bonus.
- High quality, Canadian product. Makes me feel good to support my country = )

on 12/8/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

when i first used this product, i wasnt the biggest fan, but i soon realized it was due to the way i was applying it. although it is a bb cream, you need to moisturize first, unless you have oily skin, in which case i think the formula would be perfect for you. but seeing as i have dry flaky skin, i needed an extra dose of moisture. also, it is best applied with a dense flat or slightly rounded brush, it gives a your skin but MUCH better finish. if applied with fingers, it can be hard to blend and have uneven coverage.
all in all, if applied the right way for you, it looks fantastic and feels great on the skin.

on 10/10/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's great!
- Gives a little more coverage than other BB creams; definitely more coverage than Garnier BB cream.
- With setting powder and concealer, you get a pretty flawless finish (for people with decent skin, maybe a few spots or marks. I have some hyper-pigmentation and it covers it pretty well).
- It is a little thicker in consistency than some other BB creams, takes a little effort to blend.
- It doesn't smell as nice as the Garnier BB cream (but all that fragrance is bad for your skin anyways!!!)
- I love the packaging, very cute and the pump is so handy. One pump is sufficient for your whole face. (A little more for fuller coverage).
- I am not pale, but I have light skin. The light to medium shade seems to work well for the majority of skin tones, and it works perfectly for me.
- It is sheer enough that when blended it adapts to your skin.
- This has a more yellow undertone, and i'd say it's a tad darker than a general "Ivory" foundation colour. If your skin tone has pink undertones it may be too yellow for you. And I'd say it might be a little dark for very pale individuals.

Overall I love it. It lasts all day. Isn't oily. Has a nice semi-dewy finish. Can be made matte with powder. It's a great makeup base - to use in place of foundation. I've had no issues with it breaking me out or anything.