September 18, 2014 | 987 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Elnett - Unscented

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mayral456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing so many good things about this, I went to the store and it was a bit pricey for hairspray. The scented one smells terrible, but the unscented one smells delicious. I know its supposed to be unscented but it has this light smell that makes me smile and excited to put it on! It feels light in your hair and keeps my waves in for the most part of the day! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Terri50

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Am so happy about the new unscented Elnett. Even though I used the old, odd smelling version for years, and hated the smell, this is not bad at all. I haven't stopped smiling every time I use it! Give it a try if you were offended by the old smell. It's a keeper for me : )

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I am confused by the HG status this has with the pros. Is there a secret handshake I don't know? This doesn't hold my fine hair unless I use half the can and it actually makes my hair look dirty. Boo hiss. Bad product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ejtrudell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the same story as many others: I really disliked the scent of the regular version. It really stays with you all day. I wouldn't say it smelled like cat pee (he he) like some have, but it just smelled bad/heavy to me. This is much, much better. I spray some on after I curl my hair and it gives me good hold without being too stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by autumnxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard so many wonderful things about the original Elnett that I had to run to the store and try it for myself. I was completely turned off from the smell of it that no matter how well it worked, I would never purchase it. I am so happy an unscented version was made because it is the best hairspray I have ever used. I curl my hair often and this hairspray holds the curls without making them stiff. I would definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

The nauseating scent of the original ruined any chance for me to give it a fair review. I tried it once, and it went straight back to the store. I was out of my Tiigi Massive Shine hairspray, and apparently so was my Ulta. So I was searching around, as well as looking up MUA reviews on my phone lol, when I saw this on an end cap. Unscented! Sold! I wouldn't say my search is over for my HG, but this is pretty good. It kept my hair in place all day without crunchiness, and it didn't fail at keeping my fuzzy,wavy hair under control. So we will see. I will update if needed, but so far so good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I have never been able to fairly judge how well the regular Elnett works because I find the smell so completely headache inducing and offensive. I had read about there being an unscented version and for the past year or so casually glance to see if it had come to U.S. yet. And today while walking through Walgreens...there it was...a green labeled Elnett can...what was this?...YES UNSCENTED!!!! I scooped it up. There is still a hint of the awful Elnett scent, but it is something I can handle.

As for Elnett itself, it does work nicely. And I think when it first came out, it shone in the company of the Aqua Nets of the time. But these days, I feel their are just as good (and better smelling - even vs. the unscented version) hairsprays out there. While this one is definitely usable, I still prefer Brocato Moveable hold hairspray (HG hairspray). It smells so much better (light, clean) and performs just as well, if not better than Elnett. Brocato doesn't leave the crunch that Elnett leaves.