L'Oreal Elnett - Unscented

3.8

Alcohol Denat., Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, VA/Vinyl Butyl Benzoate/Crotonates Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxycitronellal, Evernia Prunasti (Oakmoss) Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Citral, Courmarin, Glycerin, Amyl Cinnamal, Fragrance

I love this hairspray. Everyone complains about the scent. Honestly, with the unscented I don't smell much at all. There's a slight scent when I first spray it on I my hair but once I brush through I can smell anything anymore. It holds my hair all day and doesn't make it sticky or crunchy. No other hairspray has ever held my hair all day.

Why does this product proclaim to be unscented when it is not only highly scented but smells like shit? I can smell it in my hair all day, and if I can smell it, others can, too. I was actually embarrassed today at work bc I thought I was leaving a trail of cheap, chemical scent every where I went. I normally don't complain much about scent but I completely hate the smell of this "unscented" product. Too bad, because it really does give volume and hold to my fine, thick hair. I am going to try Big, Sexy Hair's hairspray as it sounds as if it at least has a tolerable scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this stuff! Could not handle the scent of the original one and even though this one is "unscented" it does have a strong floral scent to it but I like it. The best hairspray I have ever used and a celebrity favourite. I know Kim Kardashian loves it and she has a whole lotta hair!

I don't wear hairspray often (maybe 2-3 times a year when I curl my hair), but when I do, I'd use Tigi Masterpiece hairspray. However, because the pineapple scent is so strong (though I do love it ;P), I find that it competes with my perfume. So I was looking for a non-sticky-but-still-holds-a-curl nonscented hairspray. Prior to the unscented version coming out, I bought the regular scented Elnett and literally almost threw up; the scent was sooo outdated, potent, and just horrid. The unscented version, however, just smells like a "normal" hairspray to me (with a bit more alcohol). It's not a super-strong hold, so even though I sprayed and sprayed my curls, they loosened up in a matter of hours. But what I loved was how non-sticky, soft, non-crunchy, and touchable my hair was. If you want a non-extra-strong-hold spray, that comes out in a fine mist, is unscented, and lends itself to touchable hair, then give the Elnett unscented a try.

I can't believe people are actually saying this hairspray smells delicious... it REEKS of alcohol. It's so bad that I can actually taste it in my mouth all day long after I use it! Gross. Plus, it didn't even do that great of a job at holding my hair. I heard so many good things about Elnett, I'm really disappointed :( Maybe I'll try the original or volume version of this, see if it's any better. Never repurchasing this one, that's for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After hearing so many good things about this, I went to the store and it was a bit pricey for hairspray. The scented one smells terrible, but the unscented one smells delicious. I know its supposed to be unscented but it has this light smell that makes me smile and excited to put it on! It feels light in your hair and keeps my waves in for the most part of the day! Love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Am so happy about the new unscented Elnett. Even though I used the old, odd smelling version for years, and hated the smell, this is not bad at all. I haven't stopped smiling every time I use it! Give it a try if you were offended by the old smell. It's a keeper for me : )

I am confused by the HG status this has with the pros. Is there a secret handshake I don't know? This doesn't hold my fine hair unless I use half the can and it actually makes my hair look dirty. Boo hiss. Bad product.

I have the same story as many others: I really disliked the scent of the regular version. It really stays with you all day. I wouldn't say it smelled like cat pee (he he) like some have, but it just smelled bad/heavy to me. This is much, much better. I spray some on after I curl my hair and it gives me good hold without being too stiff.

I had heard so many wonderful things about the original Elnett that I had to run to the store and try it for myself. I was completely turned off from the smell of it that no matter how well it worked, I would never purchase it. I am so happy an unscented version was made because it is the best hairspray I have ever used. I curl my hair often and this hairspray holds the curls without making them stiff. I would definitely recommend it!

Popular Styling Products