April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Brown Sugar

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by anikill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I feel like freaking Buddy the Elf... I'm in Love I'm in LOVE and I don't care who knows it! :-D

I'm a lipstick gal, always have been. MUST. HAVE. SOMETHING. ON. MY. LIPS. ALWAYS!!!! It is a MUST. I curse myself every time I don't bring lipstick with me...

The texture of this lip butter is perfect. It's light enough to look like a gloss, but thick enough to have a little staying power like some of my good (way more expensive) lipsticks. It's not goopy or sticky or anything, it's just pure lux!

On top of all that, the lovely gal at Walgreens had a coupon for me! I sincerely hope it's not a limited edition type thing... I'd keep buying this in Brown Sugar for YEARS to come.

The only other lip product I've loved this much is Mary Kay's Mocha Freeze lipstick. This will be side by side to the Mocha Freeze, for sure. Love it! Highly recommend it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again? You freaking bet I will!!
I can't remember the last time I wore lipstick as I"m more of a lip gloss/balm kind of girl so this a nice transition into the world of lipstick for me. It's not long wearing at all but one cannot expect it to be considering how moisturizing this bad boy is. This is the perfect nude for me as I'm darker skin toned. I appreciate its versatility as I can wear it on a minimal make up day and it looks great or I can wear it with a super dark dramatic eye and it completes and polishes the look. I will buy this as long as it's in production!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by scraps

Love this!! Perfect nude on me!! I also have the pink truffle which is flattering as well. Love these new lip butters!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Brown Sugar looks good on me ~ it's the perfect color for my skin tone. However, it has a frosty sheen and it looks very dated. It reminds me of brown lipstick from the 90's, which I didn't wear then, and won't wear now. I don't like to waste cosmetics/lipstick colors that I don't like, so I tried to use this with other lip butter colors. It works perfect to tone down pinks (Strawberry Shortcake), and I like it to add a little bit of color to Creme Brulee. Sad to say, but I won't buy this shade again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes for a great nude lip for me! It's a phase I'm going through right now and when I found this shade, I couldn't have snatched it up fast enough. I love these lip butters. I own 4 now! They're super moisturizing and pigmented - unlike the L'Oreal LeBalm one. The array of shades is quite abundant, also. I hope they sell these forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh no!! I can't stand by and watch this product get no love! This was my first lip butter and remains my favorite. The color is a flattering nude shade and looks perfect with any eye look. I would respectfully disagree with the reviewer who said it's frosty in an 60's type of way. This lippie has a subtle shimmer that makes lips look full, smooth, and luscious. But to each her own...

These lip butters really exceeded my expectations. They are moisturizing and nicely pigmented (but not too pigmented). The packaging is even well thought out - I love the sleek silver tube and the quilted cover, and the lid fits securely on so that you don't have a mess in your handbag!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I didn't much care for this color. Having used Fig Jam, this looked too frosty and light by comparison. However, I gave it a chance. And now I like it a lot. Alone, it makes a nice light summer color.

But the best use I could find for this was when I paired it with Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm in Crush. I put this on, just a light layer, and then smooth Brown Sugar over it. Absolute perfection. The two colors compensate each other beautifully. The Brown Sugar does a great job of toning down the loudness of Crush. It lightens it up, too, which is good for summer. Also, when re-application is needed, I use Brown Sugar. It tones down the stain that Crush leaves on your lips, which is too stark for my taste.

This is a pair made in heaven. I love it and I do recommend trying the two together.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Brown Sugar, on my pigmented lips, shows up as a slightly pinkish nude (I'm a caramel-colored WOC, for reference). I really love the color and consistency. The formula is neither overly moisturizing or drying to my lips. However, this color has sparkles so beware. It looked great on my lips when I first applied, but at the 3 hour mark the shine and color had faded and I was left with glitter on my lips. This makes this color a little more high-maintenance because I have to look in the mirror more. I don't regret buying this product, and I will use it up, but I will not repurchase.