Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Brown Sugar

3.8

on 4/26/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Would I buy this again? You freaking bet I will!!
I can't remember the last time I wore lipstick as I"m more of a lip gloss/balm kind of girl so this a nice transition into the world of lipstick for me. It's not long wearing at all but one cannot expect it to be considering how moisturizing this bad boy is. This is the perfect nude for me as I'm darker skin toned. I appreciate its versatility as I can wear it on a minimal make up day and it looks great or I can wear it with a super dark dramatic eye and it completes and polishes the look. I will buy this as long as it's in production!!!

on 4/9/2012 11:33:00 AM

Love this!! Perfect nude on me!! I also have the pink truffle which is flattering as well. Love these new lip butters!

on 2/21/2012 8:36:00 PM

Brown Sugar looks good on me ~ it's the perfect color for my skin tone. However, it has a frosty sheen and it looks very dated. It reminds me of brown lipstick from the 90's, which I didn't wear then, and won't wear now. I don't like to waste cosmetics/lipstick colors that I don't like, so I tried to use this with other lip butter colors. It works perfect to tone down pinks (Strawberry Shortcake), and I like it to add a little bit of color to Creme Brulee. Sad to say, but I won't buy this shade again...

on 2/16/2012 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This makes for a great nude lip for me! It's a phase I'm going through right now and when I found this shade, I couldn't have snatched it up fast enough. I love these lip butters. I own 4 now! They're super moisturizing and pigmented - unlike the L'Oreal LeBalm one. The array of shades is quite abundant, also. I hope they sell these forever!

on 2/11/2012 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh no!! I can't stand by and watch this product get no love! This was my first lip butter and remains my favorite. The color is a flattering nude shade and looks perfect with any eye look. I would respectfully disagree with the reviewer who said it's frosty in an 60's type of way. This lippie has a subtle shimmer that makes lips look full, smooth, and luscious. But to each her own...

These lip butters really exceeded my expectations. They are moisturizing and nicely pigmented (but not too pigmented). The packaging is even well thought out - I love the sleek silver tube and the quilted cover, and the lid fits securely on so that you don't have a mess in your handbag!

on 2/5/2012 6:35:00 PM

At first, I didn't much care for this color. Having used Fig Jam, this looked too frosty and light by comparison. However, I gave it a chance. And now I like it a lot. Alone, it makes a nice light summer color.

But the best use I could find for this was when I paired it with Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm in Crush. I put this on, just a light layer, and then smooth Brown Sugar over it. Absolute perfection. The two colors compensate each other beautifully. The Brown Sugar does a great job of toning down the loudness of Crush. It lightens it up, too, which is good for summer. Also, when re-application is needed, I use Brown Sugar. It tones down the stain that Crush leaves on your lips, which is too stark for my taste.

This is a pair made in heaven. I love it and I do recommend trying the two together.

on 2/1/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Brown Sugar, on my pigmented lips, shows up as a slightly pinkish nude (I'm a caramel-colored WOC, for reference). I really love the color and consistency. The formula is neither overly moisturizing or drying to my lips. However, this color has sparkles so beware. It looked great on my lips when I first applied, but at the 3 hour mark the shine and color had faded and I was left with glitter on my lips. This makes this color a little more high-maintenance because I have to look in the mirror more. I don't regret buying this product, and I will use it up, but I will not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks