NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

4.1

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After struggling to find the perfect tinted moisturizer, I think I have at last hit gold. I have tried high end brands (Makeup Forever, Clinique, Urban Decay) and drugstore 'BB creams' (ELF, Wet N Wild, Garnier) and this one outperforms ALL OF THEM.

I think the best thing about this TM is that it goes on so sheer. If you don't want to look like you're wearing makeup, this is the perfect thing for you. This tinted moisturizer is extremely sheer, but it makes your skin look really nice and glowy, almost. It goes on and spreads very well with either a beauty blender or your fingers. I didn't think I would be able to build this up if I needed to, but I was able to build the coverage up with only a second application.

The other great thing about NARS Tinted Moisturizer is the mind-boggling range of shades that this is offered in. My complaint with both Clinique and Makeup Forever was that they had only a few shades, maybe six max, and this was to suit everyone who needed a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer. NARS has 11 shades. You'll be sure to find what you need, colorwise. I was color-matched with Malaga, and it actually looks like my natural skin color. It has the perfect balance of just enough caramel brown with yellow undertones to balance everything out.

This tinted moisturizer also is not heavy. At all. It goes on light, creamy, and very smooth. It just feels GOOD going on your skin. I had an issue with heavy tinted moisturizers, especially with Clinique and Makeup Forever. ELF was by far the worst. It felt like I was wearing a heavy duty foundation. Those felt like foundation, almost, and Clinique was so greasy it was absolutely disgusting. If I scratched my face, the cream would come off onto my fingernail.

The staying power of this moisturizer is amazing. I'll put it on in the morning and by four, it's just then starting to fade. I haven't tested it through a hiking date yet, but we shall see.

As with all of NARS, their soft matte packaging and sleek lettering wins me over every time. By far and away, it's the classiest packaging I've seen of any makeup company. My only complaint is that this does little or nothing to cover my oily nose. However, I'll be trying their pressed powder to see if that helps.

At $43 in your local Sephora or Nordstroms, this tinted moisturizer is not cheap. But you TRULY get what you pay for. I'll be coming back to this moisturizer when I run out. It's the best, and worth your hard earned cash.

on 6/28/2015 6:29:00 PM

- Coverage: medium, much better than others in its category (without being too thick!), buildable but can start to look cakey - Finish: satin, a glowy matte - Feel: light, not super easy to spread across the skin but FAR easier to apply than the Laura Mercier Oil Free Best cruelty-free tinted moisturizer I've tried

on 6/23/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this stuff. I'm working my way through a sample just now in the shade Alaska, which I thought would be perfect (going by the shade descriptions on Sephora's site) but which I think it a bit too dark and too yellow for me, even now that summer is here (I wear sunscreen always but still manage to go a bit darker than my winter pallor; I've also been using Clarins Radiance Golden Glow Booster). I may need to try Finland. But I love the coverage this tinted moisturizer gives - far more than any other TM I've tried, including Laura Mercier - and also the easy application - it looks terrific applied with my fingers, so no need for a brush or sponge, etc. I will certainly buy this once I find a better colour match and once I use up a few of my BB/CC creams that will expire within a year and a bit (I really have way too many products of this type and I take the expiry dates for sun protection products a lot more seriously than I do other types of cosmetic/skin care items). But I can see this becoming "holy grail" in my skincare collection.

on 6/14/2015 7:47:00 PM

Great product! Love the beautiful coverage. It is very natural and looks great. I'd give it 5 stars if I didn't feel that it contributes to a pimple or 2 each time I use it. :( I'm 45 and do not typically get pimples. It weren't so great, I'd not use it b/c of the potential for acne on occasion. I do experience more shine in the T zone when I use it but that is an ongoing issue for me anyway so if you are wanting something more matte, go with Laura Mercier's smooth fluid matte foundation which is lovely and more matte.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I was in the market for a new tinted moisturizer after getting tired of my garnier bb creamand I thought I'd give this one a shot. I picked up the mini size of St.Moritz, I have to say I love it so much more that the BB cream.This is perfect for everyday wear it's light weight with sufficient coverage, it smells sooo good and it's much more yellow toned than the Garnier BB which is great cos that stuff was a bit too pink for my olive skin. It does have a more dewy finish but I kinda like that even though I'm oily. I just powder my T-zone and I'm pretty much good to go. I'm definitely considering buying the full size once I'm out.

on 6/12/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was impressed with the Nars foundation so I decided to buy this in the same shade for summer as foundation is annoying in summer.
I have dry skin and I have to say I'm disappointed with this for the price of £29 which is basically the same as a foundation its not worth the money. It's not long wearing even if I set it and it doesn't cover up my spots well or my red areas of my face you also will need to put more in throughout the day..the lid is also hard to open I feel like it may break each time I try and open it

on 6/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i cant say enough good things about this item! i have been using it for the past 3 years and have repurchased as well various times as it is a one of the few tinted m. that doesnt oxidise or break me out (yeeeey) i love it! here is AZ it is always sunny, i can just slab this on with some powder on my tzone and i have awesome light coverage with SPF ! love the lumi glow it gives my skin, plus i can tell my skin looks healthier after consistant use <3 will def recommend to anyone

on 6/5/2015 10:28:00 PM

I've been using this tinted moisturizer for two years. It is hands down the best lightweight, easy base for everyday makeup. Today I actually put half UD Naked Skin 3.0 / half NARS TM on my face and asked my bf to tell the difference... he literally said the UD side looked like wearing makeup and the other side looked like skin but otherwise there was no difference in color.

Like other reviewers have said, you can easily build this up to medium-ish coverage, especially if you finish with powder. It does tend to look less "opaque" by the end of the day but your overall skin tone will be pretty even.

I have very light, yellow-based skin (NC15-20) and the shade Alaska is pretty perfect (a teensy bit dark).

My skin reacts poorly to everything and I've never had a problem with this.

on 6/3/2015 6:49:00 AM

This is my go-to base product and I wear it almost every day. I use the shade Finland, which I was kind of half expecting to be too pale or too yellow-toned for my skin, but it matches very nicely and so far it has lasted me quite a long time too.
I wouldn't recommend it for people who want a full coverage base, but then I don't think most tinted moisturisers would suit that either, but it is still buildable. I tend to just apply one layer and then use a concealer though.

It's not the most affordable product at £29 for 30ml, but I think it's worth it for the skin-like texture and the added bonus of SPF 30.

As always with NARS' matte black packaging it looks great when new, but gets dirty very quickly. I'm not too bothered about that though.

on 6/2/2015 12:13:00 PM

I bought this at the recommendation of my facialist because it is oil-free and I absolutely love it!! This is the first tinted moisturizer I have used and it is truly hydrating yet not compromising on coverage. It adds a nice glow without being the least bit greasy/shiny. At $43 it is not the cheapest product out there, but you get almost double the amount of any other foundation product out there (1.9 oz). I don't feel cakey and heavy in the middle of the day-- this may just be my new HG product for the summer!