NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

4.1

After trying almost every tinted moisturizer/bb I could get my hands on, I'm settling on this.

Pros:
- doesn't break me out
- decent coverage
- relatively healthy
- great colour selection
- good spf
- feels nice on the skin

Cons:
- no oil control. I'm combo oily, and my face is a shiny mess after a couple hours
- doesn't last too long. My natural oils break it down over time.
- doesn't settle well over dry patches, and sometimes accentuates dry bits I didn't even know were there.
- settles into fine lines
- expensive

All in all, I think this would be great for normal skin.

EDIT: It broke me out several times; congestion, bumpiness and whiteheads

I LOVE THIS TINTED MOISTURIZER

I started using this when I run out of foundation and want to try something new. I'm wearing the shade Alaska/Light 2.

This is actually my first tinted moisturizer so I can't really compare it with other products.
First thing I noticed is that it really toned down any redness on my face and even out my skin tone nicely. I though it's gonna be a light coverage, but it covers my red post pimple marks nicely so I would say it's medium coverage. It looks natural and perfect for everyday look for uni.

Overall, this is definitely a must have in my beauty collection.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have really mixed feelings about this product.
I don't use MAC foundations but I'm guessing I'm a NC20-NC25, so basically I have a yellowy-medium Asian skin tone. I use the Nars tinted moisturiser in Alaska/Light 2 because it's a surprisingly better match for my skin than the darker shades. While the Nars tinted moisturisers don't come in as wide a range of shades as the foundations, these are quite sheer so can suit multiple skin tones.
It does make my skin look better by toning down any redness, and I do prefer its sheer coverage to the heavier, more opaque coverage of typical foundations. Basically, it looks quite natural. My problem with it stems from the fact that when I wear it it seems to cause dry skin and flakes to appear when my skin looked perfectly hydrated beforehand. This could be more of a personal problem than a product problem.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Been using this base for 1 year exclusively - it is my HG. I am MAC NC15 and Finland is a great color match.
I have slightly older, drier skin and most foundations settle and cake making me look way older. Not this. This product evens out my skin and looks luminous. During an exam, my doctor asked me if I was wearing makeup because my skin looked flawless.
A little goes a long way- a little dab will do ya. One year later, I still have plenty of product in my original tube.
I almost always just use my fingers to apply. Occasionally, I will sheer it out with a beauty blender.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lately I have really liked all the bases I have picked up and this one is no exception. This tinted moisturizer has great coverage and provides a natural finish perfect for every day. I was always off put by the words tinted moisturizer because I thought that meant very little coverage, this offers better coverage than I could have imagined. I would say this can easily be medium coverage and with my moderate hyperpigmentation and scarring issues (purple and red post pimple marks, moderate amounts of boxcar scarring and light ice pick scarring) I can easily wear this with some concealer and look nearly flawless without having it sink into my textured skin and making it look worse.

I pair this with Armani Light Master primer before I apply and with a light coat of MAC MSFN or the NARS All Day Luminous powder (which I also LOVE) after it settles, I get about 6-7 hours of wear at work in an office with very little if any oil. Any time after that I could use a powder over my T zone at around 8-9 hours. I have used a BB, my fingers and brushes to apply and I can't say I prefer one method over the other but I generally use my fingers because its easier. This hasn't broken me out in the last few months I have been using it.

I paid $43 for 1.9 oz and I feel like I got my $$ worth, I love this TM. It offers great coverage, looks nice on my skin and has quickly become my go-to. The tube has also lasted me quite awhile and I use this almost every day. The packaging is great; it's a squeeze bottle, the lid seals tightly and travels well. It has the classic NARS packaging which I love. If your scared that tinted is not for you because you need coverage, do not be afraid to try this, you will not be disappointed!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this! It feels so comfortable all day long, doesn't cling to dry patches, and goes on so smoothly and evenly. I use Laura Mercier's TM as well and I prefer the NARS version. It's silkier, offers better coverage while still being lightweight, and is easy to sheer out or build up depending on what I need. I have Finland and it's a good match for my N10 skin. Typically I prefer sheer to moderate coverage foundations, just enough to provide some evening out and a more polished effect while still allowing my skin to show through, and this fits the bill perfectly.

I use a synthetic MUFE blending brush to apply and I get a sheer layer that buffs into my skin beautifully. A little drop is enough for my entire face. I love the texture, it's thin but slightly creamy so it feels like it provides a little moisture. My skin is normal, slightly dry in areas depending on weather/allergies, and very sensitive. I've had no issues with irritation or anything while using this. And I love the smell... it's similar to the NARS skincare products. Sort of like a mild lemon/herbal balm type of fragrance. It doesn't linger long and it's very light. I like the tube too, it's great for travel, isn't messy, and it's easy to control how much is dispensed.

Sometimes I top this with NARS loose powder, but I like how it looks alone too. The finish is so natural. Very fresh and glowing without that overly dewy look. I get compliments on my skin when I use this, which is always a great feeling.

Not a complaint but worth noting that it's more difficult to remove than other foundations I wear. I use Bioderma before cleansing and it takes a little more work to get it all. Also, I have to wash my makeup brush twice to get it entirely clean.

All around a favorite TM and just an all around amazing product. I'm glad I gave it a shot and definitely recommend checking it out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im a guy, and I received this TM as a birthday gift. Guess what it is the best product i've ever use in my life. I have acne scars and oily skin. This TM did an amazing job of covering the scar and redness. I've received so comments saying that my skin looks glowing and just like it say on the product RADIANT. I would recommend that need light to natural coverage. This is my holy grail!!!

HG "foundation". I originally bought this use on days when I couldn't be bothered however I've been using it every day and as my skin has improved its become the only thing I've needed. It has more pigment than is typical from TM's so a little goes a long way - I literally use a drop (not even kidding - less than half a pea size) to cover the whole face. I top up with NARS concealer if I need to and then proceed as normal with blush/mascara.

I love this TM. I have not used foundation or powder in years. I only used concealer and blush. I'm now in my 40's and feel I need something to even out my skin tone without looking 'made up'. This is it!! Light coverage that just evens out my tone. I have acne prone skin that can be oily at times. This does not aggravate my skin, cause breakouts or make me look greasy, just natural.
I am half Hispanic, fair skin with yellow undertone. The color Alaska is PERFECT for me.

Reminds me of Boujois healthy mix serum but lighter coverage and shiner on the face. Smells nice.