October 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Selinan347

I have VERY break out prone skin. Parabens, dimethicone, talc, you name it - it makes me break out. So I did some pretty extensive research into powders because I wanted something to set my Clinique Stay Matte Foundation. I am Ivory 06 in that foundation. I went through a lot of different powders, and finally came across this one. I was attracted to the ingredients, they seemed safe. I also liked that it was SPF 30. So the day I bought it (in translucent) I thought, hell, let me try it all over my face, and WOW. It looks cakey at first but it finishes to a nice matte. It needed some smoothing around my nose but beyond that, it stayed all day, I did not get oily at all, which is a miracle for me, and it matched me perfectly! I could not be more impressed. Two weeks later I went out and bought the blush in the same line from PF. NEVER DISCONTINUE THIS PLEASE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Minjeec

The shade I got looked good at first but it oxidized and made me orange looking. It was not cakey looking at all and coverage was okay. Didnt break me out. In a few hours made me extremely oily and feel like a grease ball. However if I apply powder again when im oily i will look better since this powder does not cake whatsoever! Wouldnt repurchase though since the lightest shade was waaayyyy too dark for my skin now even though it's summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by esaechao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of a coupon where you but one and get one free. So I bought this in translucent and I also bought the blush. This color matches me now but it will be to light for me in the summer. I need to go a shade down or combine it with a slightly darker powder. This powder has an almost creamy feel. It is build able up to medium almost full coverage. I have oily skin and its wear time is about 6 hours on me. I was disappointed that I saw shimmer in this product. It doesn't seem to transfer like that on to the face but I still wish it didn't have shimmer. The packaging on this product is a nice a blue color but it's way too bulky. The price is a little high for a drugstore brand in my opinion but with the coupon I got I was okay with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by kkwil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I bought this powder because I had the physicians formula blush and I love how fine the powder was, it gave such a flawless look. However, this powder seems to irritate under my eyes and makes them red/itchy. I bought it in translucent and it's definitely not translucent it does have some color. The finish looks so nice. I would recommend you try it if you're looking for something with lighter coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

I love this powder it gives a nice natural finish but it can be built up to full coverage. It's perfect for quick makeup looks and I even use it as a setting powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Silmarien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh. I was so excited about this product. Natural, SPF 30, sensitive-skin friendly, the right color (Translucent, for my cool-toned pale skin). But sadly i could not deal with all the glitter in this product. I dont like looking like i stuck my face in a glitter pot while it was still damp. This is more mica than 'mineral'. If the glowy/shiney/bronzer-like finish is your thing, you will love this. But it's not mine. And underlying the 'shiney' look there is also a weird matte-ness that looks thick, heavy, fake (no matter how little you use or how it is applied, and for the record i never use the brushes or sponges that come with these) and not at all like real skin. It's like there is a little too much coverage, but at the same time it tries to be all dewy and sheer. They totally tried too hard with this one. I liked the earlier version of Mineral Wear a few years ago, which was much better than this (no glittery look) but once i decided to switch to BB creams i gave mineral powder the heave-ho. I wanted to try this one thinking it would be the upgrade but it's really not. Save your receipt - i'm glad i did - or just save your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like it. It gave me a white cast look. It also didn't keep me matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by MaggieHelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ohmygosh i love this stuff. glowy finish with FULL coverage. only downfall is you CAN look oily after a good 3-4 hours. nothing a little blotting cant fix c; can be used as a powder foundation or can be used over anything else. amazing stuff!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think I knew what I was buying when I bought this. I don't have experience with powders at all. I have dry skin but thanks to my TLC and some amazing products it is doing GREAT now. I used to never need powders because my skin was so dry and dull. Now I do have some shine in my t-zone. Woo hoo! LOL! I bought this powder to knock down that shine over my foundation. Well... this is just too much over foundation. Too much coverage. The sheen/glow in this powder looked odd over my sort of dewy foundation.

I came back to MUA to re-read reviews. One of the reasons I picked this one was because of great reviews (that and SPF). I saw multiple reviews calling this product "foundation". What??? So I tried this alone as just a powder foundation. It looks good! I think the name "airbrushed" is a good description of this product. Great coverage for a powder. I had no idea powders could do that.

Also I LOVE the glow it gives my skin. It is NOT GLITTERY. A nice satin finish. I wear cream blush and a cream product and a powder product don't play well together but if I put blush on underneath it works. Powder blush works MUCH better.

Why 3 stars??? Will cake if applied too heavily, start off small and build. Sometimes cakes if trying to reapply later in day. Somedays this looks great and somedays not. I find myself not reaching for it bc I never know how it will turn out.

I hate hate hate the brush. What a piece of junk even by "brush included" standards. The compact is VERY thick because of the stupid brush. I also hate the VERY metallic blue - very juvenile and not classy at all. It may sound vain, but I would be embarrassed for anyone to see me using this ugly compact. Hmmm could I coat it with black glossy nail polish???

A little pricey for drugstore powder but it doesn't take much so I think it will last me a long time.

I LOVE that it has SPF.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A warning: If you're pale, and are contemplating on buying this online in the "Light Kit" they have -- don't. The kit comes with "Creamy Natural", which is not stated on their box, so I would look at this color in person before purchasing. Most of the pictures I came across were apparently lighter, and the products are a little darker in person.

Though this is shade is too dark for me at the moment, the foundation itself is a dream! I purchased this with the purpose of using it only as a touch up powder, but it actually has some pretty good coverage! I have never found a great compact foundation with decent coverage! It has medium coverage for me. I wore this around my house to get a feel for how long it lasts, and it lasts for a pretty long time. My current foundation can last nearly all day with my Physicians Formula Talc Free Mineral Wear Powder, and this foundation is probably equal to it.

This also gives me a mostly matte finish, but with a very small hint of glow, which I am loving!

The packaging is like a lot of their other face powders, but in a pretty blue! There's a mirror and brush included as well.

My only gripe is the price. It is actually really reasonable for a pressed, compact foundation, but for someone that uses mineral makeup on a daily basis, and needs good coverage, buying a loose powder is way cheaper -- but you don't have the added convenience. This is only 7.5 grams, and I would use this up really fast. It would be way to expensive for me to use daily, but for touch ups, it's great!

I love that I will be able to throw this in my bag during the summer and do touch ups between work and going to class. I would def. repurchase for this reason.

EDIT 01.21.14
I got the shade in "Translucent" with CVS 40% off PF sale, and it's the right color for me, and should have been the color included in the light kit! I'm so excited to have this!