Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio

1.6

on 9/18/2013 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought these for Hazel eyes and have been using them for about a week. If you have patience, and are careful, you can get some good effects. Here is how I learned to live with them:

1. For waterline use, or tight lining, do that as one of your last steps in your eye makeup application. It seems to need some time to “set” so opening and closing your eyes, as happens when putting on shadow / liner, can cause it to smear under the eye. That can be cleaned up with a Q-tip, but it is easier to just do the waterline work last, or as close to it as possible.

2. For using under the lower lashes, conceal, powder and then put on a little primer (I use Urban Decay), which helps to lock the liner down and keep it from smearing.

I would describe this as a powder/gel composite. The tips of the pencils are very soft so go slow and be careful. If you get too aggressive in your application you can easily break off the tip, as many of you have experienced.

I line the upper lid with the purple color, the waterline with the black and the under eye with the brown/taupe. It gives a very nice effect and seems to wear as well as can be expected. That doesn’t mean I am not keeping my eyes open for similar, better, kohl kajal liners.

on 8/29/2013 2:37:00 PM

No, no, no ladies! This product works very well, but you have to use it correctly. It is not a pencil, and won't work well if used that way. I have the nude ones now, but I did have a set of the purple, green and black that I threw away because I didn't know how to use them. (and the directions aren't helpful) and now I wish I hadn't

Here's how they work for me, and I have sensitive, contact lens wearing eyes.

Line your waterline and squeeze your eyes shut for about 10 seconds..it will transfer to the top waterline. Blink your eyes until your eyes clear anything that might be on your eyes. You can leave it like this or apply another line above your upper lashline for more drama. Don't poke it at your eye, or use it like a pencil...hold it horizontally. I'm trying to use it in the traditional way, by basically closing my eye on the stick...but I have to practice. In the meantime, the "squeezing method" works great for me. It does sometimes transfer to my eye and blur a little, but not bad and it doesn't hurt. (although everyone is different) I just blink until it clears, or clean my contact.

on 7/24/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I haven't had any problems with these yet as described in reviews below. I get a good line for a decent 8-10 hours without any smudging or flaking. No problems yet with the tip breaking off. I have not a clue whether these can be sharpened or not. If they can't, then what a waste. I doubt I would buy these again but the colors in the nude set were exactly what i needed, particularly the medium charcoal/brown shade.

I bought the eyeliner trio for blue eyes, and as soon as I applied the blue shade, the tip broke off. I couldn't put it back on, so it was a waste of money. Terrible, terrible product! I would not recommend this eyeliner. I have used the other eyeliners, since they come in packs of three, and once they are used for a bit, they are difficult to apply. Don't waste your money!

on 7/12/2013 1:13:00 PM

Should have read reviews first. Ugh!! I looked like a raccoon 10 minutes after applying. And they are waxy too. Also be careful not to poke your eye like I did. Shape is not user friendly

Total impulse buy. I always wanted to try eyeliners shaped like this. I thought (and hoped) It would get my upper and lower lashline a little color and a nice cat eye look. Oh boy was I wrong! They're not pigmented at all. If I wanted to get any color I had to swipe, and swipe, and... You get the picture... Horrible product. PF has some great products. Sadly, this isn't one of them. Save your money ladies!

on 6/9/2013 10:51:00 AM

Like poking a stick in your eye.

Seriously Physician's Formula? Ya'll are a bunch of jerks for making the packaging so appealing and pretty and tempting me at CVS with all your coupons and money back. I wrote them on Facebook and they deleted my message! I'm so sad I didn't check reviews before I picked these up.

Painful (my eyes reacted and they don't with PF's gel liners or shadows) not pigmented, creepy hardness and yet so not 100% waterproof. By 100% waterproof, do you think they meant to put the word "NOT" ... as in 100% NOT waterproof. I'm taking these effers back to CVS. Sofa King Mad!

on 5/29/2013 8:49:00 PM

(I own these in the shades for blue eyes( Horrible product. To start with, the product broke as soon as I took it out of the packaging. Once the tip breaks off, it's impossible to reattach it. The pencils themselves are very dry, and the tip is far too thick to give anyone an attractive look. What I do is layer the product onto the back of my hand, and use an angled eyeliner brush to apply it (Essence, Real Techniques, Ecotools etc). I have pretty oily eyelids so it tends to transfer onto my lower lashline. It is also not very pigmented. After using a mail in rebate offer, I ended up paying about $3 for these so I'm not out much.

on 5/29/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wished that I looked at the reviews before I bought this! They seemed dried out upon purchase and I snapped the whole tip off my purple one the first swipe across my eye. Very sad!

on 4/2/2013 10:30:00 PM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PRODUCT. I made the huge mistake of wasting over CDN$17 by buying this -- I was drawn in by the claims on the packaging (100% waterproof, great for lining the inner eye rim) and the Nude trio of Kajal liners looked so pretty (a champagne shade, a pewter brown shade, and a black shade), but made an even bigger mistake by not checking reviews here first, ugh. Now I am regretting it big time -- everything this product advertises is false, it is NOT 100% waterproof, it is the worst smudging eyeliner I have ever used! The black shade smudges on the bottom of my eyes within less than a minute of lining my upper eyes! The champagne shade I don't notice it smudging as much, but that could also be because it is so light that I can't see clearly even if it was smudging. This entire trio is for the garbage, please do not waste money on this like I did.