November 20, 2014 | 1878 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch - Ivory

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very impressed with this concealer! I'm NC20 with yellow undertones and I get very dark purple under eye circles, and this really helps brighten them up. However, this concealer can't do all the work by itself. I use it on top of the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment because this concealer can't quite handle the heavy lifting alone. Once I lighten up my under eye area though, this concealer is the perfect finishing touch; blends wonderfully and doesn't get cakey on top of the dark circle treatment. It's a great consistency, you don't need a ton of it to get decent coverage. I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines, as long as I set it with powder. As for blemishes, I can't really say, I tend just to use this under my eyes. I love it as a highlighter too, it's luminous without being obviously sparkly (thank goodness, I hate that!)

My only gripes are similar to the ones posted here already. While I like the straightforward packaging, I find it oozes in blobby amounts out of the wand brush. I generally just use my finger to dab it where I need it to go, which isn't a huge deal, but still. Also, it's a pretty small amount for the price.

That being said, it's worth a shot. If you're lucky enough to have the colour/coverage/formula suit you, then you'll love it. I will still continue the hunt for a "perfect" drug store concealer, but this is pretty darn good and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's just OK. It has more coverage than L'Oreal Magic Lumi. But sometimes it creases and it always makes my undereye area look dryer.

I really like this as a highlighter for highlighting and contouring but I wanted to use this as an undereye concealer.

I'm going to keep looking for the perfect undereye concealer. This one is OK but not quite.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great highlighting pen! I either wear it alone as my undereye concealer or over my undeye concealer. I like applying this on the bridge of my nose because it brings so much brightness to your face. It doesn't crease and is very affordable. I originally wanted to buy the Mac Prep and Prime Pen but this product is less than half the price and I love it. It's worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I've never been particularly fond of concealer, that is, until exam week came around, and I'm starting to sleep less. I've read sooooo much about this product being a complete dupe for YSL's touche eclat (50$), and this one was about, $10, so I thought, what the heck, might as well.

I'm very impressed with the way this concealer works, who doesn't love a 2 in 1? It did a great job of concealing and highlighting without using a whole heck load of product, which I love. I loveeee the packaging, its simple, and easy to open and use. It dispenses the perfect amout you need, so you know you'd never go cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Emilymorganq

I. Love. This. Concealer! After years of dreading my under eye circles, a blessing was bestowed upon me. Since I am in Canada it is a little more pricey at $11 a tube, which is sad as it runs out very fast. The applicator is horrible, gushes out the bristles and is messy to apply. However, nothing had been as good to me as this. It covers my circles, covers the few occasional acne spots and just makes me look so awake. I am very very very pale skinned, NC15 girl and Ivory works very well for me, though perhaps a tad dark. (I know I'm pale) Overall I would highly recommend this concealer for pale gals like me with under eye circles. (I dont use a highlighter so I cant really judge how well it works for that, I mean my skin looks nice and bright with it so there that)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Bookworm19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome! Makes me look wide awake, which is very important because I look tired all of the time. I only have moderate under eye circles, so I don't know how good this is for someone with heavier eye circles. For me, this stuff is fantastic. Packaging sucks, but the product inside is a gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this. Just so you know I have combination eye problems not too bad but annoying. My under eyes can be dry and if i dont use a good concealer it gets cakey but they also can get oily and make my concealer crease - I also have slight darkness in my inner corners thanks to my dad lol. I was looking for something that could obviously highlight and conceal which it stated and I bought this due to the reviews. I have to say as far as highlighting it's really good - it didn't crease much for me not as much as other concealers that I've had - it didn't get cakey on me it actually blended quite flawlessly - my only problem is that I wish the pigment was truer or formulation was thicker because when I put this on I have to go in for a 2cnd coat and my under eye circles aren't that bad but they still showed through but I have to say with all the other good things I can deal for the price and quality. & another thing CURSE CLICK PENS ! I hate them and I hate it on this.

I had to add to this review to give a little better insight after using this for awhile. First I wanted to say which I forgot in the first one was that this concealer didn't irritate my skin at all if anyone was wondering & as far as blemishes I don't have much but I do get them and when I do they tend to be really red and this did a good job of covering that. Another thing was I haven't been using a primer for a long time because I had not found a good one that was hydrating enough for my dry skin and didn't break me out ( I will be reviewing soon ) but now I did. Before I had stated that I felt like I needed to use a lot of product to cover my dark circles but when I got my primer and used it in conjunction with this concealer the color became more true and since then it covers much better so for that I put a lippy back :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've wanted this for a long time. I finally picked it up and realized that it's not what I thought. I thought for some reason that this would highlight and blur certain areas. But for me, it just looks a little cakey. :( I'm very sad. I only apply this in the inner corners of my eyes/nose area and sometimes down my nose. And it does highlight those areas. I don't know. It just doesn't really do it for me. It's o-k-a-y, but I think I will continue my quest for the perfect concealer/highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for something that replaces your expensive wand of YSL Touche Eclat, then this might actually be it. This is not meant as a concealer but rather something that brightens, so you'd put it in the same places you put the Touche Eclat. However dabbing this on monster blemishes will not work, if you read carefully on the package this isn't exactly a concealor.

I put this on over my makeup in the car just after buying it after a super rough week at work and people kept asking if I was tired (yes I was and I was sadly out of my YSL). I dabbed a little around the eyes and instantly looked more awake and bright. I then used to it to contour my cupids bow and just under my bottom lip and to make my mouth appear fuller, just as I have with the Touche Eclat. It blended beautifully and well over the makeup I already had on which was very delightful.

At 7 bucks, I find this to be a great runner up when I cant get my hands or wallet on YSL.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by SarahC1086

I bought this product solely to use as a contouring tool - to highlight certain areas. The product itself is WAY too thick, almost like a paste. It is difficult to blend/rub it all in to my skin. It does not cover imperfections very well, however, like I said, I only bought it to highlight so this did not bother me. I will continue to use it as a highlighting tool (under my eyes, in between my brows, down the center of my nose) until it runs out but I probably won't purchase it again.