April 21, 2014 | 1221 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gonatural18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I AM SO FRUSTERATED! I've used many dry shampoos because my hair is medium length, curly and very thin and fine. I enjoy most products I purchase from LUSH, so I thought this would be perfect. And all I have to say is, thank GOD I bought the sample size. Firstly, this dry shampoo doesn't even work as a dry shampoo! Instead, it only matted my Hair and made it even greasier! Yuck! It also left my hair feeling extremely dry, frizzy and with a grey tint! (So if you're going for the 'finely aged' look, this is the product for you) and the packaging is not right either! I either get too little amount of the product or a huge pile of it in my sink. I mean, if anything, this dry shampoo only ruins your hair and it doesn't make me at all happy that I have to throw it out. Grrr..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by HDK

i thought this product would be great but nooo, it gives my black hair a grayish tint and it makes my hair feel cakey and even more disgusting! do not buy!!! save your money & buy a cheaper, much better one from the drugstore!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful. Turns my hair into a big, wollley, matted mess. It doesn't brush out easily and doesn't even remove the oil. My hair actually feels dirtier after using this. I give it two stars only because of the fresh grapefruit smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I'm glad I got a sample of this first from someone at Lush instead of buying an entire bottle. Just from using the sample, I hated it. I use a lot of dry shampoos because I wash my hair maybe 3 times a week at most and so dry shampoo is a must.
Firstly, I hate the packaging. Even from looking at the big bottle, it's hard to apply. Some people drizzle it over their head, some put it on their hands first. I put it on my hands first but i couldn't get it all over my scalp and it was very messy.
When I put it on my head and tried to rub it in, it looked like flour. I have jet black hair and the powder would not disseminate in my scalp so it just looked like a floury mess.
It also did absolutely nothing to absorb the oils from my roots. So, I ended up with a floury mess and still oily hair.
And for the price of the big bottle I think it is absolutely too expensive for the bad quality. Will never purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This is the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. I used to have one of the spray ones but my hair felt really wet and it didn't do much about grease. This one took of 80-90% of the oil out of my hair and I had volumized hair that didn't feel oily and grimy. What I do is put some on my hands, rub my palms together and work through my hair. Then, I leave it on for a couple of minutes (5-10) and then brush out. The fresh citrus scent leaves your hair smelling great. This product also last ages and I feel it works better than other powders because it doesn't leave my hair white or grayish. The only con is the packaging. I think it should have a small jar with holes on the lid so that you could easily sprinkle on your hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, this smells delightful but I get scalp pain and irritation from it. Not sure which ingredient is responsible. Also do not like the packaging - impractical and messy. Maybe it would be better in one of those sifter containers they use for body powders? I am hoping they come up with a mist-on hair refresher!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sparky333441

I didn't like this at all. And it's not like I haven't given it a chance, because trust me, I have.
First of all, the packaging is bad. The way it's shaped and awkwardly made to get the powder out is just bad. The white powder stays in your hair, and looks like dandruff. It didn't help me at all in terms of "soaking up oil". I had tried many tactics, including putting it on a brush, putting it directly into hair, or putting it on my hands first. Also, the damn little white flakes get everywhere! In the sink, on the floor.

Bad, bad, bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

This is such a great dry shampoo.
It smells like lemon and removes about 80% of grease from your hair.
I will deffinitely repurchase, The only thing I hate is the packaging, wayy too much product comes out.
I would recommend pouring it into a clean salt shaker and dusting it into your hair for even distribution.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mgarcia0418

This is the best dry shampoo I have used. It doesn't leave my hair white or gritty feeling. My hair actually still looks shiny after using this, but not at all oily. I think the key to making this is work is not using too much. I usually section the top of my hair and add a little to distribute the product better. Gives my hair a little volume too! Too bad the packaging doesn't make any sense!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

This was a very disappointing product from Lush...the only appealing thing is the price. Lots of product for only $13! But it made my hair feel even dirtier with no volume at all. The packaging is also kinda hard to work with too because you can't control the amount of product that comes out. I recommend the oscar blandi dry shampoo in the powder version!