December 26, 2014 | 1166 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Hogwartian

I reeealllly wanted to like this because I'm generally a LUSH fan but it's a horrible product. I gave it 2/5 because it smells great imo (like a cross between a subtle citrus-y smell and marshmallows), but it just doesn't work for me at all. It's not wildly expensive, but there are better, cheaper dry shampoos around so it's definitely not worth the money. It didn't leave a white residue on my hair, but it didn't soak up any oil either, and because of the packaging I found it awkward and messy to use. My hair does get pretty oily if I don't wash it every day but I have used other dry shampoos on day-old hair with no problems. Sorry LUSH, I hope we can still be friends.

(It's maybe worth noting that I'm generally not motivated to write reviews of products I've tried, so that gives you an idea of how much I disliked this product.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by CreepySleepy

love this!
I use this on my second day hair to add volume and remove grease. I've used batiste lots of times, but always found that the cans ran out quickly, were big to carry around with me and smelt meh.

This product is lots better. It leaves my hair with body but without too much of a chalky whiteness. It smells good, its cheap and I will defiantly keep buying it! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm fairly new to the whole dry shampoo world, and this is only the second one i've ever tried (First one i tried was the Kenra brand spray one which was meh) but i am officially hooked! I love it. The smell is super light and fresh, and i already prefer the powder over the spray kind, tenfold. I have fairly thick, dark brown hair that gets greasy pretty darn fast, and this absorbs perfectly. Sometimes if i use too much it makes my hair look grey-ish but i just keep rubbing it in if that's ever the case. It goes away eventually. I tend to wash my hair everyday (which i know is not good) but with my hair, if i want to wear it down, it pretty much requires a shower, and then by the next morning it looks greasy. So when i came across this, it really changed my world because now i can wash every other day without worrying how greasy my hair is going to look within 24 hours. I love it. The only thing i don't overly care for about this product is how messy it can be. I just started putting it in my hand and then sprinkling it on my roots, which has definitely helped, but before i was smart enough to start that, i was just lightly trying to pour it right from the bottle onto my head which made it go everrrrrrywhere. Its not the most efficient packaging in my opinion, i'm sure there has to be a better way. But other than that i love this product and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ac06493

I have very thick, dark hair that gets oily very quickly and I've had difficulty with a lot of dry shampoos. This one has become a holy grail hair product for me. It smells so so soooo good like light citrus. Only downside is it starts to build up quickly and feels very grimy if I don't wash it the day after using which is normal

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

This is the only dry shampoo that didn't weigh down my hair or leave it looking hard/ treated. I find the spray can versions of dry shampoo always made my hair heavy or feel "hard" textured. This one is a powder, which might sound messier, but really it's not that bad at all! I just sprinkle some on my hair at the top NEAR the roots (NOT ON), and let it sit for a bit. Then I use clean hands and rub some in my hands, then rub my hair. Takes literally 2 minutes and you're all set to go!

I love that it doesn't weigh my hair down and my hair looks so clean and fresh for the day. Nothing replaces washing, but I'd say this comes close. I usually have really really REALLY greasy hair by day 2, so I never use to go without washing daily. It is the one bad thing I do to my hair. But i decided to try washing every other day, and used LUSH No Drought to help. It was amazing and I can't believe I use to wash daily. I'm on week 3, and I can even go to day 3 now using Lush. My hair isn't weighed down at all, and this dry shampoo leaves a fairly light scent.

Dry shampoo doesn't take place of showering though, people!!! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mamacali

I bought this product because it was the cheapest of their shampoo line, and I knew it could be multipurpose.
When I wash my hair at night, I use this in the morning after, since my roots tend to get really oily. I don't need to use very much, and it adds a little volume to my thin, fine hair. I can't imagine it adding volume to thicker hair though. It blends in well with my dark, almost black, roots.
I also use this with a cotton ball to blot my forehead, and to deodorize my daughter's shoes. I've been using this product frequently for about a month now, and it looks like I've hardly used any!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So basically it's a powder dry shampoo, I tried it today and it removed grease and all but it's kinda hard to remove all of the powder from your hair, I put it on for like five minutes then massaged it in my scalp then I tried brushing it out but it was hard to, my hair was grey and it looked like I'm old so I had to put water in a cotton and then remove all the white powder off, maybe I'm using it wrong because on YouTube I've watched many good reviews and tried to do like it but obviously it didn't work

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Erikahasani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didnt really use any other dry shampoos so I guess this was okay. It smelled good, a bit pricey, but it was a gift, so I'll keep using it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I guess I would buy this again, if just for the smell versus other dry shampoos. For a scalp powder, it's alright, but doesn't add volume like other brands I've tried. The container is NOT optimum for the type of product. The SA that encouraged me to try it said she put it in her own container with a swivel shaker lid for easier travel. That's something I would require to use this product for myself, which is no problem.

This is a product that I wouldn't use as a dry shampoo for more than one day's use, unlike Batiste spray or POW powder. It blends in with my medium-copper-brown roots very well and doesn't flake on the first day. Using it again in the morning, I saw some buildup that was just enough to be annoying. Since I don't wash my hair every other day (sensitive scalp, and all) this isn't an optimum product for me.

I do recommend this if you're looking for a product to touch-up a sweaty-day's do. I would use this the day after a concert where I was too tired to wash my hair when I got back. The smell would lift me up in the morning and afternoon after a big night, even if it was just to put all my hair up into a ponytail.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I love the smell, like lemon lime seven up. But the bottle makes this so hard to use. If you shake it out of the bottle it goes in one spot and it comes out fast. Or you can put it into your hands and kinda sprinkle, I had decent results for this. I have light brown/ dirty blonde hair and I just couldn't get it to work in enough. It always made my hair look kinda grayish, but it might just be my hair color. It gave me tons of volume And soaked up all the oil. I would ask for a sample before buying