July 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was an ok product and gave good coverage. However I did end up far too shimmery when left on a a while! I'll use this foundation again but only when I'm not going to be out for long. I wouldn't purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by katieb16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best drugstore foundation I have ever used! I bought this and MAC studio fix fluid at the same time and I MUCH prefer this! There's so many pros to this foundation! The smell and the subtle shimmer it leaves on your skin are lovely; and the price is fantastic for what it's worth. It's not too cakey and can be built upon to your liking. The only reason it isn't 5 is because it tends to go patchy throughout the day but overall a great go-to product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by miranda13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product because i had heard of a few people raving about it. I can safely say that I do not like this product. The first few times that I used this I quite liked it as it gave me a nice complexion and was nice coverage, I only wore it for about 2 hours so it stayed well. Then I tried wearing it to school- big mistake, after about 3 hours i could feel it on my face, i went to the bathroom and it was completely patchy, even after powdering and primer. A girl even started teasing me for being 'covered in makeup' when i had a very small amount on, it just looked like a lot because of how patchy it had become. As well as this the glitter was much too intense for me, and instead of being a nice shimmer, was like someone had sprinkled glitter on to my face.. In photos it looked particularly unflattering.

To sum up, I disliked this product. If you are looking for something long- lasting and natural looking, I would not recommend this product. However, it looks great in the fist hour of application and in dim lighting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Ellam77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is actually much better than I expected. I was a bit worried about the shimmer but the finish is quite beautiful; you get a nice glow without looking overly dewy. The lighter colours lean a but too pink for me but that's pretty standard for drugstore foundation. Overall, it's a lovely daytime foundation and I'll purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by bailey1008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have already reviewed this product but that was when I first purchased it and since then I have seen rapid improvements of this foundation as my skin has become clearer. I have become more accustomed to the dewy finish and as summer dooms I prefer it more than my winter matte look. I love the way you can adjust the amount of blending you need to do for this foundation depending on how much coverage you want. I have this in the 201 classic beige and although it was slighty dark for my skin tone when first buying it,I have discovered that when fake tanning it is the perfect shade!! Cannot rave about this product enough but only in SUMMER!!! Definitely not a winter foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by millielowe1

I would say this foundation is average. For my personal skin tone, it is way too yellow meaning that I always look orange when I wear this. Secondly, it is quite shimmery, which can sometimes help with tired looking skin, however I sometimes feel in certain lights I look like I have glitter all over my face. The lasting power is pretty average too, it would probably last a good 4hours, but for me personally I don't really like this foundation. It is excellent quality for it's price, but I don't think I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation so much!
It looks amazing, has great coverage, lasts brilliantly, feels good on the skin, and smells really nice as well - I know that's not always something we look for in foundations but it can't hurt! (unless you've got super sensitive skin that might react to certain fragrances - although this scent really isn't strong at all so I think it should still be fine for most people).
The packaging is also really lovely. The shape of the bottle looks a bit different to the usual old square bottles and the orange lid also catches the eye and makes it look really nice as well. I like that it's got a pump because the last foundation I'd been using was the Revlon Nearly Naked and although I'd gotten used to just having to kind of awkwardly pour it onto my hand or into the lid, I would have much preferred if it had a pump.
I think this retails in Australia for either $19.95 or $18.95, but I picked it up from Priceline on sale for about $14.
Overall I absolutely love it and definitely recommend. It does make your face look a lot brighter and slightly shimmery so this isn't quite suitable for people who've got oily or shiny skin but I personally have normal skin leaning towards being dry so this is fine for me and looks lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

This is a pretty good drugstore foundation. I live in the states so I had to purchase sight unseen through a UK makeup site. I have used Rimmel foundations in the past so I sort of had an idea of what color to pick, but it was still guesswork. I don't have my bottle with me, but I ended up choosing a fairly decent shade.

I personally don't see the "glitter chunks" people claim to see. There is a shimmer to the foundation, but that is about all I've noticed. This is what gives it is luminous properties. I set my foundations with Wet 'n' Wild Cabana powder, which contains some glitter/sparkles so I guess I like this look. If you don't I would probably not try this foundation out. It is definitely for someone who wants a young, vibrant, glowing look. Think dewy and luminous. Those are the keywords to use with this foundation.

Other than that the coverage is great for a drugstore foundation and wear time is failry decent (6 hours - 8 hours depending on level of activity). I'm really surprised by how much improvement these drugstore companies are making in their products. A few years ago I would never have tried any of Rimmels products because I knew they wouldn't compare in quality to higher end products, but I think the gap is decreasing and the disparity in results and color payoff is going away. I think that is a good thing. Perhaps we will see more creativity from both sides and great products as a result.

That rant aside I give this product my approval. I use it and I like it. I'm not in love with it and it wouldn't say it is HG, but it pretty damn good. I can see why people rave about it. My only complaint is that this should be available in the U.S. I think it would get a lot of love over here. Especially because it seems to be a star of the Rimmel foundation lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Chloeroose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I know 16 people who use this and none of them have had a bad word to say, it has a really nice smell, good coverage and makes me seem awake when ive had hardly any sleep. Bit shimmery but the pros outweigh the cons because this has so many great things about it. It blends really well and feels really good on not like your caked. Colours are also very good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by BassChicken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin leaning on the oily side that's very, very fair and scarred and prone to breakout. For me, I haven't found a better foundation, yet.

The biggest problem I have with any foundation is when it going orange on the skin. Previously I used an array of BB creams including Garnier and Rimmel but they all left my face looking like an oompa loompa. Wake Me Up does still go orange especially around the neck line but when blended out properly, is hardly noticeable.

Overall coverage is good for me and easily builds apart from areas I'm more oily, like my nose which it kind of doesn't stick. This can be fixed with a concealer or highlighter of course but is still rather annoying. Can I happily go out with just this foundation on? Yes I can. But for the more flawless look and covered scars, concealer is needed.

This foundation does get a little shiny but that's to be expected with having 15SPF, it's not too bad needing a powder do-over once again during the day. It does leave little lines under the eyes which can be blended out with fingers easily.

This foundation doesn't look cakey and looks good in photos. The price is a bit much for me only having a casual job and completing studies but is manageable, just annoying. It runs out rather unexpectedly and leaves you needing to buy another within like 2 days of it spluttering out of the bottle. The packaging is a bit slippy and the pump swivels around unexpectedly. BUT this is the closest matching foundation for my skin that I've found so far, I get 100 Ivory.

So, all in all, I do like this foundation and will continue re-purchasing until some new amazing foundation is raved about around the community.