Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 3/17/2015 12:23:00 PM

I love this product! This is the perfect foundation for an easy day. It's very light, bendable, and you can build it up easily. What I love most about this foundation is the way it feels after I put it on. It does not feel heavy, and my skin feels renewed and healthy. Now, it does not cover as much as I want, but it does leave the skin looking very natural. I do not need to powder my face (just the T-zone).

on 3/13/2015 11:30:00 AM

My first review so here it goes!

I am a worshipper of bb creams especially Dr Jart silver label. This is because I didn't want to use a foundation as I thought it would clog my pores, cake my face up and seem very obvious. So bb creams (the real deal Korean ones) were my pick. I have a habit of heavily moisturising my skin before putting on any bb cream as it would last long.
That was all good until Rimmel wake me up popped in. At the age of 23, I decided to buy my first foundation as I find Korean bb creams really expensive and also drying. My criteria for a foundation was as follows:
1. light - medium coverage as I have an okay skin so I was not looking for something too heavy. Rimmel is amazing because the coverage is buildable so you can customise it.
2. sanitary packaging - bb creams in tubes were not great so the rimmel pump is amazing.
3. a nice finish; not glowy nor dry - bb creams made my skin have an inner glow, like when you are trully happy and healthy from within. Rimmel is equally beautiful in its finish. I feel so confident and sure of myself. Somesay that it is shimmery but so far, I haven not noticed any shine on my face.
4. natural look - if there is one thing I hate, it is cakiness. Rimmel gives such an effortless finish and that too with just using your fingers! I am no makeup junkie so brushes and other tools are useless on me but omg Rimmel is so easy to use. I only need one pump on my finger and I spot my whole face with the cream and blend blend blend. It blends so effortlesly.
5. Price - I got it for £5 so I couldn't be happier. It is much better than any expensive Korean bb crams that I have used and does so so much more than them in my opinion.

For reference, I have a dry skin with an oily T zone.
I never ever review products but this has imprssed me so much that I had to review it!

on 3/9/2015 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

When I first bought this foundation it was amazing, perfect color match, but after a while of using it, it really broke me out and it made me very oily and it would tend to shift during the day. When I would eat a meal it would just come off completely around my mouth and sink into my laugh lines. Especially being for school and not looking in the mirror by the time I came home it was visible that I was wearing makeup so to this foundation I would give it a 2/5

on 2/15/2015 3:44:00 AM

Good foundation, nice smell, good coverage. It was perfect for me until they stopped selling the lighter shades at the boots in Brighton? I searched all the high street stores and I can only find the darker shades.

on 2/14/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I started liking this foundation as it is very good value for money and very brightening. When first applied I like it. It illuminates the skin and looks fairly natural and fresh however this just melted off of my skin so quickly. It also has reflective particles in it to give the radiant finish however this just looks like you have a face covered in glitter at some points. I have kept this as it would work well on dry skin I think and if my skin type were to become less oily then this might work. Just be careful in harsh light it can look too sparkly.

Love this foundation! The coverage is medium, but it's buildable and has a little bit of shimmer, but they're always not visible. I have a dry skin and use this in shade 201 Classic Beige and this is perfect for me! It wakes you up if you wonder. It doesn't feel oily for me, but a lot of people says it does for them. It can last for about 9-10 hours, and it's my all time fave foundation!

on 2/9/2015 12:12:00 PM

I like this better than my Skin 79 Hot Pink BB cream which I thought I would never stray from. I got this in true ivory which is a perfect match for me. My first impression of this was that it felt heavy, greasy and a bit difficult to spread for a medium coverage foundation after a week of trial I started to love it.

This foundation is best applied with fingers. The formula actually works really well with the harsh dry Canadian winters. I have combination dry skin and flaking around my nose and most foundations looks horrid as the pigments starts collecting in the dry and flaky areas except for this one which is AMAZING. With dry harsh cold winds that hurt my face this foundation acts like a shield...it doesn't feel heavy or greasy under those conditions, it's the perfect winter foundation.

Don't let the glittery particles deter you because I was originally horrified by it too when I took a swatch on my hand but it's actually very subtle and non traceable on the face.

This foundation wears through out a 6 hrs day no problem, no patchy-ness at all. I've also worn it up to 13 hrs but by that point it looks and feels greasy. I wouldn't make this my spring/ summer/ fall foundation though I don't thinks it's going to work well year round.

on 1/30/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was using this product for a long time but few weeks ago I started don't like this product because foundation is quite heavy and after 1 hour my face looked patchy(if this is even a word) in some areas i just looked orange I dont know why it just started to look like that maybe the foundation was out of expire date but happyly today bought a new foundation "maybelline dream matte mousse" going to try this out:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My first day wearing this foundation, and oh goodness, I'm impressed. I bought this because it was relatively inexpensive and a certain YouTube goddess had raved about it being her favourite foundation of all, high or low end.

Well, I can see her point. It glides on like silk and makes my face luminous, not oily or shiny, but not matte either. It's a gorgeous finish. I do use the lightest shade and it is a bit too dark/yellow for my fair skin, but with a bit of MUFE setting powder it's absolutely fine.

Yesterday, I was wearing a matte foundation and was dismayed to look in the mirror of the office bathroom at 2:30 and find part of my face peeling from dryness... and I have oily skin (blotting 3-4 times a day). It's these Canadian winters - that freezing wind does a number on your skin!

I get a sense that the peeling won't happen with this foundation. I really love the look and feel of it, even though it's not precisely a perfect skin match I would say yes, I would definitely purchase this again.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Other

I used to wear this foundation before I got into high end makeup. From what I remmber it did seem quite oily, but also I did used to cake my makeup on back then so that may of had something to do with it, I also remmber the colour wasn't great on me. After seeing this foundation pop up again, I'm gonna try it again soon and see how I get on the second time around, as I love dewy finishes. (Not oily!)