April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Nice formula, hydrating. The color is beautiful and subtle orange. It shines, but is not glittery, is more like a creamy shine. Very good for natural make up. Cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip butter for 2 reasons; #1: It was on sale. I decided I'd take a risk and buy an outrageous colour for cheap that way I wouldn't feel bad if I didn't like it. #2: I love the Revlon lip butters so much. I've purchased about six and even purchased doubles of shades I really liked. Hands down Revlon has me completely addicted to the lip butters as I love comfortable, moisturizing and shiny lip colours.

This colour is a really great shade. It's my first orange lipstick and I'm a woman of colour so I was really afraid of trying it, but it's really great. It's an orange-ish coral. Initially the colour of the bullet and the cap scared me, but when I put it on my lips I was shocked. On my lips it applies soft, sheer and looks like a coral toned down by the natural colour of my lips. It looks really juicy! It's clearly orange, but it's not obnoxiously bright.

With these brighter colours, make sure that your lips are carefully exfoliated or else the colour will cling to the dead skin and make the lipstick feel gritty and make the colour go on unevenly.

I absolutely love the lip butters and Tutti Frutti just deepened my love for the lispstickline. I really do love this colour and the formula is fantastic! It wears so comfortably through the day; no dry lips or flaking. It is so creamy and shiny you won't need to top it with a gloss at all.

I will gladly repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This color was what I thought I was looking for. It's an orangey coral, which I've been wanting to try out, so I bought it when it went on sale. I was super pleased with my swatch. On my lips though it is super sheer and basically leaves only a light orange tint and sparkle. I think it looks nice, but I was hoping for a little more pop. I found that the tube was a little loose feeling, like it might break which made me very worried during initial swatching and application. The butter goes on very smooth and feels great on, so I would recommend it but I don't think I personally would repurchase, instead I'll try out some other colours in the collection.

Edit: Have come to love this. It's a little peachy and corally on the lips, but is rather sheer. It looks great but is a little drying after a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by whisper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this. This shade is totally flattering on my light-med, yellow toned complexion (I'm half Korean, for reference). I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis, but when I swipe this on, it instantly brightens up my face and, along w/mascara and a bit of under eye concealer, makes me look so put together. Creamy smooth formula, shiny but not overly glossy (which I personally hate in lip products), and lasts a respectable amount of time given that it's not claiming to be particularly long-wearing. I get a decent 3 hrs before having to reapply. And it's under $6. No complaints here.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have several of these lip butters and i can honestly say they are a hit and miss. This one was definitely a miss for me. In the tube it's a beautiful orangy coral color, but on my lips... the color pay off was very sheer and streaky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

While I think that the colour of this lipbutter is gorgeous, it did not work on my lips. I am a fan of the Revlon Lip butters because they are very moisturizing, last a fair amount of time and aren't too strong for those days when you're not feeling that adventurous. The colour is a really stunning neon orange but from the swatches I had seen on the internet it just looked like a light wash of that colour, but not on my lips. My lips are a very bright pink colour naturally and when I applied this colour over it, my lips were like the bright orange it looks like in the tube which was way stronger than I was anticipating. I also have strong cool undertones in my skin which seemed to clash with this particular shade. I do think this lip butter is pretty and really looks amazing on some people but just not on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

This is my third lip butter and definitely my favourite one so far. On me it looks like a pretty orangey coral, kind of similar to mac Vegas volt but not so bright. The formula is creamy and moisturising. As with most lip balm/lipstick hybrids they do not stick around for hours on end and need topping up every hour or two but it is easy enough to do without a mirror at hand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

My girlfriend was wearing this, I tried it on, and she convinced me to buy it. This is a mellow shade of orange. It's looks like a mid-orange with slight coral hues on my NC45 complexion. It's not a show stopper color, but I like it because I get the color orange and a subtle look at the same time. It's mid-sheer, yet has enough pigment that it can't be mistaken that I have some type of ice pop stain on my lips. For more intensity, I line my lips with LA Girl in Coral that works! I could also see using Geo Pink gloss over it for more intensity. I prefer L'Oreal's lip butters because they're softer and don't feel as balm like, but this isn't bad. I"m just glad I found a shade in the orange family (beginner's orange) that I like. I think it should be a bit cheaper, but oh well!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by rolltide17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the color of Tutti Frutti. It's very flattering to any skin tone (and I say this because I have cool skin that usually looks awful in oranges, yet magically this shade WORKS on me, regardless of opacity). After initial application, it feels very smooth and buttery. However, after about 10 minutes or so, my lips started getting this tingling sensation! I know that peppermint (which is really bad for lips) does that, so I scanned the list of ingredients for peppermint. Did not find it, but I did find that it contains various kinds of alcohol (-ol suffix) which are extremely drying to lips/skin!!

I still want to keep trying lip butters because the shades are so flattering, but after that realization, I am definitely going to be putting a protective layer between this stuff and my lips. (Burt's Bees wasn't sufficient for me..will be trying plain petroleum jelly next)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by jlee92

I LOVE THIS. Such an easy orange to wear. Because of the medium opacity that the lip butter have, they allow some of your natural lip colour to come through. Tutti Frutti might look like a downright crazy neon orange in the tube, but on the lips (considering my pink-red natural lips) it gives me a nice and fun orange-coral colour without looking garish or looking like a clown. Great for lazy weekends when you just wanna wear little eye makeup and bring some attention to your lips! amazing colour! definitely one of my favourite shades in the lip butter line (which is my fav line of lipsticks btw). Adds a little moisture to your lips and wears comfortably. Wear for abt 3 hours and sometimes leaves a cute coral stain on the lips. I highly recommend this for those who may be a little hesitant about bringing out the full on bold lips! :) You'll love this