L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Conditioner

3.6

AQUA / WATER / EAU • CETEARYL ALCOHOL • GLYCERIN • BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE • CETYL ESTERS • ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE • QUATERNIUM-80 • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • POLYSORBATE 20 • ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • POLYQUATERNIUM-37 • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • CAMELINA SATIVA OIL / CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL • PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL / APRICOT KERNEL OIL • VITIS VINIFERA SEED OIL / GRAPE SEED OIL • TOCOPHEROL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • CHLORHEXIDINE • DIHYDROCHLORIDE • LINALOOL • PPG-1 TRIDECETH-6 • CARAMEL • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5

on 2/7/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very decent conditioner, detangles reasonably well, leaves my should length slightly wavy hair soft and clean with some slip. I do like the warm vanilla smell, in fact I much prefer it to the usual fruity floral scents of most other hair products I have tried. I use this with the corresponding shampoo and alternate between the conditioner and the deep conditioning mask of the EverCreme line.

on 1/18/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I had been using Pureology Hydrate (which is made by the same company) as my go-to conditioner but when I ran out, I bought this conditioner to tide me over until I could get my usual. Plus it was on sale at my local drugstore so I figure why not? I also picked up the EverPure shampoo for color treated hair instead of the one that pairs with this because my hair is colored at the moment.

The result: Very soft, manageable, smooth hair with lots of bounce, movement and shine. My hair is waist length, wavy, very thick but with medium texture and the shampoo paired with this conditioner kept it very tame without weighing it down. I didn't notice any greasy or oily feeling but then again, my hair tended to be on the dry side and I only apply a quarter and a half size of product from middle of my waist length hair down to the ends and work the product in. I leave it on for 3-5 minutes in a shower cap before rinsing. I don't apply near the roots.

Yes the scent is like warm vanilla and to me it's okay although a bit strong for my preference. The scent lasted 2 days in my hair. Also the consistency is very thick and buttery, unlike typical drugstore conditioners that tend to be on the thin side. The consistency is closer to that of salon conditioners. Has a good slip and detangles hair easily with a wide tooth comb. The next day, hair still feels soft and smooth with no greasy or oily feeling. Overall I will repurchase again IF I'm really in a bind and can't find my usual shampoo and conditioner. In my experience it's not as good as the Pureology conditioner but I don't expect it to be at this price point. At most it's a good substitute for more expensive stuff and if you're on a budget this is a great product to try.

on 12/23/2013 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-Transforms dull dry hair into soft shiny hair
-Won't make your hair greasy
-Affordable

Cons:
-Strong vanilla scent that some people may not like

This is my favorite conditioner, sure there are higher end brands that may work a little better, but none are quite as affordable as this. I had to try this after I bought the EverCreme Intense Nourishing shampoo, and I've been loyal to both the shampoo and the conditioner for around a year. I also used this when I had shoulder length hair that had been tortured by bleaching, dying and heat styling. After first use I noticed an immediate change in my hair, it was softer, shinier and had more volume. I have had my hair cut into a short pixie cut since using this, and my natural (virgin) hair looks fantastic. My hair has never looked this healthy. Unlike most heavy conditioners my hair never looks greasy or weighed down. I will continue to repurchase this as long as it's made.

on 12/13/2013 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have very dry coloured hair a couple of inches below shoulder. After using this conditioner for the first time, I'm surprised how soft my hair is. Now after a week, i'm really impressed. For the price this is a really good conditioner. The only complain i have is the scent. In fact this was given to me by my friend because she couldn't stand the smell. I really dislike the smell too but i can live with it because it works. If L'oreal, change the smell (maybe like shea butter kinda smell and not in a nice way) then it.ll be perfect.

on 12/8/2013 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff along with the shampoo.. I have thick hair and it makes it soft and manageable to style.. Love the smell.. Only use two or three times a week and that's good for my hair... Will repurchase once I run out...

on 11/4/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A very thick conditioner, it looks like a body butter and is so creamy. I'd consider this the texture of most hair masks because it seals hair with a rich product. I normally leave it on for the rest of my shower time and rinse at the last minute. This goes fast, though. Much faster than the shampoo. I wish it came in a bigger bottle.

on 10/26/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

[This is my first review on here, and I'll start by saying I have fine/medium 3B ringlet curls that are bleached and ALWAYS dry (even before the bleach.) I use the curly-girl method.]

Used as a rinse-out, this is underwhelming. I agree with other reviews that said it left a coated, dry feel. However, using a quarter size amount as a *leave-in* after rinsing it out gives me silky-soft curls!
(Only two other conditioners have accomplished this - also as LIs: Eversleek Repair & Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud. Just in case other girls are struggling with their curls like I am.)

** I will keep a close eye on my hair for splits and breakage due to the mind-baffling amount of ispropyl alcohol (drying) in this!

Also, I HATE the smell of this, its cloying and heavy - but I don't like vanilla.
I think the Eversleek has better ingredients (despite the same alcohol content and a flowery-chemical scent) so I will probably alternate between the two for LIs.
It isn't the best for detangling, and makes me feel like my hair is tearing when I try, so I use a lot of water, my fingers, and go slow (Its the only conditioner I keep at my boyfriend's.)

I hope this helps someone!

on 10/18/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My hair gets oily quickly, is very prone to breaking and can be quite frizzy if I use the wrong products. Because of this, I'm always trying different products and VERY rarely actually finish one up. This, paired with the shampoo, has been the best product combination for my hair so far. This smells heavenly, it moisturizes very well, it helps to smooth down my hair and leaves it quite soft and shiny. I really love these products and will absolutely repurchase them.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This conditioner does wonders for my hair. I have thick, curly hair and I can see how this product would not work for those with thin hair. In my case though, it's great. I also use the cleansing conditioner in this line, because my hair can never be over-conditioned (or treated too gently) and this is a great follow-up. I love how soft it makes my hair and how smooth it makes it. I've been using it for a year now and have no complaints (also, love the smell - very nice warm vanilla scent).
Highly recommend to those with thick or very dry hair - hope it works for you!

on 6/21/2013 2:53:00 PM

I wish I could give this a rating between 2 and 3.

I mistakenly bought this instead of the normal nourishing conditioner, and it really was a huge mistake.

Packaging: The packaging is luxurious I must say, I really liked it, but it's what's inside that counts.

Texture and scent: It smells like a warm vanilla, I didn't mind the scent honestly. Once it was on my hair though.. no no no, I just didn't feel clean with that smell lingering, plus it got into my scalp too and besides feeling oily, the smell was even stronger.
The texture is creamy and light beige, and it actually feels warm in my hand, I knew it was going to make me break out. Plus, it was a bit hard rinsing out.

Results: While it added manageability and probably a bit of shine, it just didn't hydrate my hair enough. I could still feel my hair a bit stringy, and it didn't have movement... so no, this does not make your hair feel like silk. Plus, the poor moisture this brought to my hair would disappear within some hours, and I'd be left with dry and dirty hair again.

Even though it didn't moisturize my hair well, it still left it looking oily, specially at the roots... it looked dirty. It also made me break out on my scalp and forehead.

Now the pros in general: It made my hair grow longer really quick, and I also used it for co-washing and I was amazed with how clean my scalp was (More than usual at least) but it did left my hair a bit dry.. but clean nonetheless.