October 23, 2014 | 1101 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Whimsical 430

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

3 coats and not that much glitter came out. There was no glitter in the first coat. This polish looks cuter in the bottle than on the nail for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ChinaGlazeJunkie

I love this polish. It is close enough to Glitter In the Air to kill that lemming and $4 compared to $28 makes me happy. It is very sheer so I got China Glaze Sea Spray to wear under it. Sea Spray is a perfect match for it. Whimsical is a pale blue with sparse pink and blue hex glitter. I like that I don't have to fish for the glitter.I love wearing this around Easter. Since its readily available and cheap I will be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I actually HATE glitter polish. They all seem to take FOREVER to dry. This is no exception. I think when I saw it in the store I thought, what is that vomit? Yet I somehow got to google and saw more pictures of it and really got into it, as well as discovering China Glaze Sea Spray, which I LOVE! So I started to rack my brain of where I saw it and went to a good number of stores in search. When I finally found a place by phone I ran in to get it and was so excited.

It has very sparsley placed glitter and too many layers gets ruined big time, so if you want super concentrated glitter, this isn't for you. You also need a base color since this is very sheer. It will slightly alter the color when you put it on since it's in a sheer greenish polish, but it doesn't come up very strongly alone so you need something underneath it. I do wish it dried faster but my kids love it, and I think it's super cute just on one nail or toe. I'm excited to try it under other blues greens and purples since those are my favorite colors. Also the price was great, if you can find it. If it helps any, I found it in Rite Aid.

Oh, yea, and it's a dupe(ish) for DL blah blah like everyone says, but that's not why I bought it. I bought it because I wanted this particular brand and polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

An adorable hex glitter polish, and (as many have said) a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air. But it does need a base color to make it 'pop', otherwise it has a very sheer sea foam blue base. I used Revlon Blue Lagoon for the base color but many colors would work underneath it; including pale greens, pinks and purples. I think this color is worth it for the little extra effort it takes to find a base color to go with it. I love the pale blue and pink hex glitter - very spring-like, but it also reminds me of baby shower colors (which I like, but realize it's a taste preference lol).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Large silver-pink and light blue hex glitter and small silver glitter in a super-milky robin's egg blue opaque base? HECK yes! It looks sweet, a bit easter-y, a bit glittery and adorable. Not a lot of glitter comes out in each thin layer, which makes me sad, since I need to use many more layers.

Revlon nail polishes are my go-to polishes. The color selection is great, the color payoff is great, the finish is great and the durability is AMAZING! Best for durability I've ever tried. Where I normally get chippage on the ends of my nails from every other brand I've tried so far, Revlon wears down just around the end edges after a week and a half. I've worn these without top coat and had the same result, just sooner. The longest wear ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Missmarch23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would like to say this nail polish is gorgeous! It gives you just the right amount of girlyness in a blue polish with light glitter in it. I apply 3-4 coats to get a nice even cover. The jelly formula is a nice blue see through kind of color. I would definately recoment this product to anyone. I was lucky enough to come across this at my local walmart. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeDown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Saw a similar color online and have been trying to match it. Success! Long wearing even through washing dishes when paired with Revlon Top Coat!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by glitzerland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this polish! I have the two other glitter nail polishes by Revlon (Scandalous and Popular/Starry Pink), but this colour never really appealed to me in pictures and swatches I had seen so I never bothered to try it. The other day I just happened to be at the drugstore and saw Revlon polishes were on sale and no other shades really caught my eye and I grabbed this on a whim. I'm so impressed! It's such a pretty pale blue and the glitter is so subtle but so noticeable (in a good way) at the same time.. which really just means it doesn't look tacky.
Overall rating is a 4 though, because it does take at least 4 coats to get full opacity and I actually ended up adding a 5th the next day because I wanted it even more opaque. However, it dries relatively fast, and with a good fast drying top coat, shouldn't be a problem. Love this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I liked this polish, but I didn't love this polish. Whimsical is a sheer light blue polish with small & large pink & blue glitters. Admittedly I bought this polish because of all the hype surrounding it. If you are purchasing this to use as a top coat, I think you will like it. If you are purchasing this to use on its own, I think you will be disappointed. The first time I wore it I applied it on its own. 3 coats and it was still sheer, and my nails just looked - off. I looked sick or something. I tried it a second time using as a top coat and I liked it much better. As a top coat it adds a nice little pop of glitter. Lasting power was better as a top coat, terrible on its own for me. It chipped pretty quickly. Love the finish it gives though, almost gel-like. The glitters were also not terrible to remove like some are. This polish is also a good dupe for Deborah Lippman Glitter In The Air.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am really happy with this creamy, yet sheer glitter polish. I've heard it's very much like Debra Lippmann's Glitter is in the Air. I've worn it a few times, usually with undies like a pale mint green or robin's egg blue. I imagine a pale pink would also be lovely under this polish.

Application was very nice, not clumpy like some glitter polishes can be. Also, the glitter lay well on the nail and I was able to get nice looking glitter "spread" when applying.

This is one I am definitely getting a backup for.