January 25, 2015 | 1922 users online

Styling Products - Ojon - Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by creamycustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Believe me, I have tried every oil, serum, you name it on my hair to make it look healthy and not look like candlyfloss. I'm convinced that Ojon serum does the job for me. It's def more potent and moisturising than other high end oils and serums. I use it when I have washed and conditioned my hair, ready for blow drying. For the record, my hair is past shoulder length, thick, coarse, wiry, wavy and fuzzy - nightmare to blow dry sleek and straight. The first time I used this I used way too much (I thought this was impossible to do on my hair) and my hair looked very greasy. I didn't bother to wash it out and by the next day all the oils had sunk in to my hair and it actually looked sleek, shiny and very healthy, with a 'defined' look about it - my hair is usually so frizzy that all my low and highlights all seem to blend into one colour, but after using the oil, the colours were well defined.
If you've hair like mine, I would give it a go and even if you do use too much, leave it and see if it sinks into your hair. I've just used it for the third time, not using as much and my hair looks great and healthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find that this serum works very well. I apply only to my ends on a daily basis prior bedtime. Due to price would not purchase again as I get similar results with NOW: argan oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really long really thick hair so some kind of hair oil is always in my beauty kit and I have used many many kinds of oil for hair and this one is one of the better ones. It doesn't have that thick silicone like texture is actually a bit thinner but my hair seems to absorb it well. the scent is not bad but isnt all that divine either. I like the dropper packaging which keeps the product sanitary. I found that I needed to use more than two drops for my entire hair (I just need this for the ends and then again, I do have a lot of hair). Overall pretty good product, a little pricy for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got a 15 ml. sample of this with Sephora points and all I can say is that I think I have finally found my HG hair serum/oil/treatment product. I've tried a LOT of similar type products to tame my coarse, thick hair and keep it as smooth as I like it (but which is not at all its natural state!). And, don't get me wrong - I still love and will continue to use (at least til I use them up, which should be maybe 10 years!) the products I already had - Moroccan Oil, L'Oreal Mythic Oil, Macadamia Oil, Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener...the list goes on and on). And although it is early days, I am really thinking that I prefer this product from Ojon over all the others. It just seems to work better, leaving my hair smoother than the other products when I let it dry naturally, prior to flat ironing it. If these improved results continue, I will most definitely purchase the full size of this serum.

UPDATE: April 2013 I still have the teeny tiny bottle I got from Sephora and it's still almost full. I have such thick, plentiful hair that I never use the "recommended" amount of most products of this type - I always use more Moroccan Oil than the instruction call for; ditto my Mythic Oil, etc. So I'm amazed that such a minute amount of this serum (okay, so I sometimes use 3 drops instead of 2) can actually achieve the results I get. I imagine this wee bottle will keep me going for another 3 to 6 months (seriously...how insane is that?) at which time, I will run (not walk) to Sephora to get the full sized bottles (which I think is under $40 CDN, which to my way of thinking is not all that costly), which should probably last me for the rest of my life!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This, along with it's butt buddy, the Restorative Hair Treatment, are going straight back to beauty.com. Like I said about the RHT, I could handle my hair being weighed down if, and only if, I thought this was doing something beneficial for my hair. Unfortunately weighed down and greasy comes with other friends as well, like damaged, frizzy, and staticky. How on earth you get static and grease? Ask Ojon, I think they may have a scientific revelation on their hands.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I give this 5 stars because it actually DID something. I noticed an actual difference after using a few drops on my dry hair, followed by straightening. It was SO soft and stayed that soft for days. So impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by icingfairy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product from Ulta and I really notice a difference in my hair when I use it. Hair is more vibrant, shiny, manageable, and feels stronger. I went for a couple weeks with out using it and I can for sure say that this product works. I really like the unique dropplet applicator, but I decided to buy a mini spray bottle because I do prefer a mist. I went back to Ulta and the stylist informed me that this product is popular with African American people, and I have straight asian hair, so overall this product is very versatile.

Smells like leaves and nature to me.. I like it and it works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by LauraAronson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My fine, wavy, colored hair tends to be too dry. This oil has made a difference. My hair needs less since I cut back on shampooing frequency and started using Shea Moisture in the shower. I still use about 4 drops when I shampoo. The two products work well together for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What a terrible product I put this in damp towel dried hair before blow drying. I only put a few drops in in the ends of my hair never near the roots. I couldn't understand why parts of my hair were taking ages to dry when i realised it was dry but terribly greasy looking from the damn oil ! never putting this stuff near my hair again i have tried it a few times always with the same result so in the bin it goes. I will revert back to my much loved Moroccan oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have big/thick/frizzy/dry/damaged hair. So as you can imagine it's a big nightmare.

I went to a Sephora and asked to try a sample of the Ojon oil. I liked it so much I went back and bought a bottle. Do note that I bought the small bottle and after two full months I'm maybe about a quarter done. A little will go a long way.

I'll half my hair (a left and a right side). While still wet I'll use about 5-6 drops on each side then blow dry my hair (I use a high quality T3 which I'm sure does affect things). I'll then add another 3 drops to each side for some extra smoothing.

I love the results. It leaves my hair soft and smooth and really gets rid of alot of the bulk. It also lets me get away with not having to flat iron which is something I always had to do to make my hair somewhat manageable.

This product is one of my very few holy grail items. I've tried the other hair oils and did not like them as much as the Ojon.

If your hair is already in good condition then this is not for you. It is only for those who have very dry hair.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No