October 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Eye Shadow - Makeup Geek - Eyeshadow (All)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered corrupt, bitten and cupcake. Before ordering I was worried that cupcake would not work on my nc44 skin but I decided to take a risk anyways. Well it turned out to be beautiful and it exceeded my expectations. It came off as a nice wash of soft neutral pink on my lid. It can be easily warn alone on a day when you don't want to understated. If you want to warm it up I'm sure you could use coco bear in the crease. I tried it with mac brown script and it blended in beautifull. I also cupcake with bitten in the crease and it worked for a night out kind of look... very mysterious and almost vampy. Overal I think I'll get great use out of it. I haven't tried corrupt yet but with one swatch on my fingers it looks really pigmented. When I laid it out beside some of my other mac dark browns/dark grey shadows, It looked almost like a super dark blue black instead of just a straight black... interesting. I will buy more of these shadows because the price is amazing and the quality seems just as good as nice as mac in terms of texture and pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

These ES are amazing for its price, I had already placed a second order for colours that I would use. Buttery smooth and easy to blend, in my opinion, these are as good as Mac one. Would love to see Marlena expand the range of shadow.
I had mine in a Z palette and it held up so well. Its only downside is that it took nearly a month to reach me for international delivery.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Amazing shadows!!! I like these better than all my high end shadows, including UD, Laura Mercier, even Nars (although I would say the quality is similar to Nars). As others mentioned, texture is buttery without being TOO soft so that it blends out with a swipe of your brush. The formula really adheres to your eyes, and it's just soft enough that blending shades together is a breeze. I think the price point is right, considering many drugstore eyeshadow singles are similar in price, and these are much better quality. My only complaint would be the packaging, I don't like that I have to purchase a separate palette to store my eyeshadows, especially because I'm not a fan of the z-palettes. Also, I do wish the website had more shipping incentives (i.e. free shipping for $50+) or something similar, but still will continue purchasing regardless!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by geisha0v0x0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So in love with these eyeshadows! They are blendable due to their extreme creamy-ness, simply amazing! I have purchased about 30 shadows and I am in love with each and every one of them. The best color pay off and I love that all except 2 of their eyeshadows do not contain Talc or Parabens. Also, I did not see ANY containing Mineral Oil (Big plus) either :) And for the price? Geez. U have to try these out.

P.S. They have awesome customer service!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Laniebug

These shadows are amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing for the shade Prom Night. I love lavender/ purple shades of eyeshadows but they often look kind of clownish on me against my red hair. After I read on the Makeup Geek website that this was a purple-taupe color I knew I just had to try it. I got my order very quickly. This is a truly beautiful color. It is like a like a perfect lavender taupe color on me and looks really good with my blue- grey eyes. The pigmentation with a primer is good and I would classify it as medium. It has a deep shimmer almost burnished finish which is so pretty. The feel of this shadow is silky and it blends very nicely. I was feeling adventurous today and added a little green shadow mixed with this and it looks great!! Five hours later and no creasing but I did use a primer too. I can't wait to try some of her other colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by VeryCherryBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used Cocoa Bear, Creme Brulee, Peach Smoothie, Mango Tango, Mocha, and Nearly Naked so far. These shadows are phenomenal. They blend seamlessly, have great lasting power, and they are extremely pigmented. A little goes a long way. I love, love, love these shadows, and I'm definitely buying more. Creme Brulee and Cocoa Bear are HG's for me. If they were to be discontinued, I'd spend an entire paycheck stocking up on them.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by apark717

Honestly, if I could give this a rating of zero I would. I can't say that the eye shadows are bad because I never even received my order. I ordered twenty eye shadows, a z-palette, and a foundation brush and five days after I made my order I received an email telling me that they had not been shipped out yet and would be held until I "advised" them because one single eye shadow was out of stock. Really? I have never dealt with any company that would hold an order for one out of stock product when the other twenty-one items in the order were ready to go.

Now, I could of got over this but, after I reply to them wondering why I am getting this email 5 days after I made my order, I was expecting to receive my order between 5 and 7 days, I receive an email from them that was unapologetic, and quite frankly unprofessional and it was filled with spelling errors. I'm sorry but, if I am giving a company $88 of my money, I expect an email that is more than two sentences long and filled with typos.

After explaining my frustrations with them and telling them I would like a refund, I receive another email that is blaming everyone but them for the fact that my order was held (the factory, the fact that they are a small company and even me essentially for not paying extra for priority or express shipping) and to advise them if I still want to try their products or not.

Even though I already asked them in my two previous emails to refund my money I tell them yet again to do so and receive another two sentence email saying simply this:
"Hi,

We will issue the refund. Please note that if you paid with a credit card, refunds take up to 4 days to show on your statement."

No apology, they never offered to give me free shipping to make up for the delay, no nothing. The most absolutely unprofessional company I have ever dealt with, small business or not, maybe you should take care of your customers first.

My advice is to not even waste your time or money on people who care so little about their customers.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by georginags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These eyeshadows are probably the best I've ever tried for the price. They are up there with UD and illamasqua in terms of quality. I came across this by chance. I was googling for a true rose gold and a real deep emerald green. And honestly, I was becoming frustrated that I couldn't find anything I liked. Anything "rose gold" was either champaign or just gold. And anything "emerald" looked like grass.

Then along came Makeup Geek. I started browsing the store and fell in love with Cosmopolitan and Envy. But because I'm in Australia, I thought I'd buy a whole bunch to put into my Mac Pro single palette (which I also recently purchased and magnetised with a magnetic sheet as a base). I ended up buying cosmopolitan, envy, burlesque, peach smoothie, mocha and creme brûlée. Also got my first pigment in insomniac which I also totally and completely fell in love with.

Quality and pigmentation is amazing! I always disliked mac eyeshadows because of quality and price. I loved the colours but I always found that they are not pigmented enough. MUG is another story. I have tried them with different bases and regardless of the base, I haven't had any creasing problems, the colours stay true on the skin and they don't budge.

I haven't had a chance to play with all the colours just yet. But so far I absolutely love burlesque and of course, cosmopolitan.

My only problem? Depotting. Of all of these that I ordered, 2 came as compacts. For Cosmopolitan I ordered one as a pan and one as a compact, just to throw into the handbag. But I was also forced to buy burlesque as a compact because they were out of pans. The site said easy to depot. Funnily enough, there is no guide for depotting MUG shadows!! Marlena has done tutorials for depotting MAC but nothing for MUG. The casing is completely different to a MAC so I wasn't keen on putting it over a flame as I did with my MACs. Nor did I want to try putting it onto my hair straightener as some have suggested.

The best way? I put mine on the heater for about 10 minutes and stuck a pin underneath the pan until it slowly lifted. It didn't depot straight away but with more heat, the looser the pan became.
AND IT WORKED! Not sure if the glue was just weak on that particular shadow, but it was a success.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

So far I have only tried 2 eyeshadows. One matte (peacock) and one shimmery/glittery (Envy). They don't bother my eyes in the least, which most drugstore/low-end priced shadows do. They aren't at all powdery/chalky. Of the two, I definitely prefer Envy just because I prefer the color. Envy is a dark green with teal/blue shimmers. It's absolutely stunning. (very unique) It's perfect for Christmas time because of the color and glitter effect. Peacock, on the other hand, is a nice color but does not apply evenly for me. It's splotchy, no matter what method I try. I definitely hope to try more colors in the future.