April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Eye Shadow - Makeup Geek - Eyeshadow (All)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

I love these shadows! When ever I wear eyeshadow, I always prime my lids with UDPP and these shadows last all day with no creasing. I love the how easily they blend and the option to buy in pan form. They are inexpensive and I'm deffinitley going to be buying more!

Pros:
-Pigmented
-Inexpensive
-Blend Easily
-Paraben-free
-Long-warring (when paired with primer)
-Does not Crease

Cons:

-A little fallout

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I bought several of the eyeshadow puts from Makeup Geek and was so pleased, even with the shipping to Australia they came quickly and were pretty cheap. I've only got neutral colours, but I bought both matte and shimmer (I'm not a shimmer girl but damn they are cute!) All in all the products are comparable to MAC shadows and are less than half the price. The texture and pigmentation is great, there's no smell, and the shadows don't irritate my skin. The colours are really blendable and go on so nicely, layering is really easy with these products. Makeup Geek is now the ONLY brand I'll buy shadow from. The quality and price is phenomenal plus Marlena is so nice (personalized emails and really quick replies to my questions). Definitely would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

I am obsessed with Makeup Geek products!!!! The eyeshadows are perfection: pigmented, blendable, no fallout and the price is AMAZING (pans are only $5.99 each). So far I have about 10 of these shadows and they all are so good. Its safe to say that I won't ever spend 15 an eyeshadow at MAC. The creator of MUG, Marlena, (makeupgeektv on youtube) has done such a fabulous job with these shadows and I cannot wait to purchase some more!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

I bought Envy, a metallic dark green. I very much like the color, and it's lovely either on its own but it's especially pretty over a black base.

As for the formula/texture, Envy is easy to blend and work with, but it's nothing extraordinary. It's not bad, but it's also not buttery smooth like MAC or Wet N Wild shadows.

Just a note, the MakeupGeek pans ARE magnetized, but they don't stick to a Unii Palette but magnetize beautifully to Z-Palettes. If you plan on buying a lot of these, I would recommend getting a Z-Palette.

I haven't tried any other MakeupGeek eye shadows, but I'd consider buying a few more "fun" colors from them. I think Marlena (MakeupGeek) has come out with a good product that has the potential to be a great product as the company continues to develop and grow. It's always nice to help out one of your favorite Makeup Gurus!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a MAC semi-serious user and have a good number of the permanent eyeshadows. I bought Envy, a very dark green, on a whim when I purchased my second palette from Makeup Geek's store (17 bucks is a no-brainer) because MAC doesn't seem to like greens, and I do.

Envy seems quite black with dark green shimmer, but it applies as a definite dark forest green. It blends well and is extremely pigmented; you will not need to press hard or do much more than swipe the pan to get the colour. It also makes a great liner. After application I did not notice the shimmer, which didn't really bother me as I had used a UD shadow with it (Sin) and UD can out shimmer anything. There was no fallout with Envy though it did kick up a small amount in the pan when I used a stiffer brush.

This shadow played well with both UD and MAC shadows and I am very pleased with it. I will likely buy more MUG eyeshadows in the future.

Edit: Envy tends to fade within the third or so hour of wear. It definitely requires touch ups. Disappointing. Changed my rating to reflect it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, the pro pans ARE magnetized. I have no idea what the person below me is talking about. And the magnets are stronger than MAC's.

So far I have the shades: Bling, Shimma Shimma, Beaches and Cream, Peach Smoothie, Purely Naked, Bleached Blonde, Latte, Country Girl, Cocoa Bear, Burlesque, Sensuous, Drama Queen, Pretentious, & Bada Bing.
I have used all the colors everyday since I have ordered them. I can honestly say I LOVE these shadows and for the price you cannot go wrong. All companies will have a dud or two in their shadows. Some companies have tons of bad shadows. I can name many from MAC and every other high end brand. But then they have their shining stars as well.
-Out of all the MUG shadows I have the only one I kind of regret buying is Bleached Blonde. It is a pretty color, but instead of being a frost/ metallic, the actual color is a bit sheer and there are flecks of glitter. I will still use it, but will not repurchase that one.
-As for the other colors I literally love them.
-This is hard, but so far if I had to choose a first 5 must-haves just from the ones I already own: Bada Bing, Sensuous, Burlesque, Shimma Shimma and Drama Queen. Just because they are unique to me. Shimma Shimma may not look too unique, but I find it to be the perfect inner corner highlight.
-I plan on purchasing more and updating my thoughts on more of her colors, but so far I am very pleased!
-Plus, I love supporting someone like Marlena. It is not easy creating a make-up line and you can tell she put a lot of thought into these shadows especially on a tight budget.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought these when Marlena had a 30% off sale. I bought about 12 colours and im actually quite happy with all of them. They are smooth, buttery, pigmented and blend well. The also last whole day. Out of the two i bought i am not keen on the shade Bling and Mercury. Both are very sheer and i have trouble building up the colour, which is a shame because at first sight they look great.
I think Marlenas eyeshadows are pretty close to high end eyeshadows and for the price that are great. I wish marlena would have more sales or do deals that make you buy more.
I now have too much eyeshadow so i doubt i would buy more of marlenas. Im looking to get some xmas palettes off sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by alarma

Amazing! Quality is even better than MAC's shadows. Smooth like butter. After purchasing these I put away my MAC shadows. Can't beat the price as well. The only request I would have is a magnet in the back of shadows so u can put them in the pallatte. I bough sticker magnet sheets in Michael's and put them in the back myself. Would strongly recommend to try.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a whole I would give these shadows a 5/5, especially if you pair them with a primer (and you should). There is a wonderful selection of colors and textures to choose from and one could easily build a very workable palette with a lot of great neutrals, many muted colors (what I mostly bought) and a few fun brights. I would say the texture is somewhere between MAC and NYX which is great for the price point they are at. Not all the shades are created equal, but neither the ones from MAC. I also like that they are sold in pans. 9 of them are a perfect fit for a small Z-Palette. A large Z-Palette holds 27.

EDIT: I now have 36 of these eyeshadows with 7 more on the way. These have become my staple eye shadows because at this price point, I can afford to make my ideal pallets and have colors for just about any look I want. My favorite shades are Corrupt, Moondust, Pretentious, Wistera, Shimma Shimma, Cupcake, Unexpected, Sensuous, Unicorn, Poolside, Dirty Martini, Mango Tango, Chickadee, Vanilla Bean, Peacock, White Lies, Drama Queen, Sea Mist and Envy.

The ones I wasn't impressed with were Purple Rain, Yellow Brick Road, and Purely Naked.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First I want to say that I have oily eyelids. I double prime them before applying any shadow with UDPP Eden and MAC Painterly Paint Pot. If I don't do this any shadow regardless of price will be absorbed by the oil my lids produce and the colour will fade rapidly.
Given this issue I am very pleasantly surprised by the MakeupGeek Shadows. I purchased the starter kit as well as 5 other colours and have been using them for a month now. On my lids these shadows last longer and stay true to colour better than any brand I've used, including MAC. At the end of the work day the colour has faded only a little and I am extremely impressed by this. The price is fabulous, even when adding shipping to Canada.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No