Makeup Geek Eyeshadow (All)

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyisobutene May Contain: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Polyethylene, PTFE, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Lauroyl Lysine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Ultramarines CI 77007, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742dc Black No. 2 CI 77266, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-C14 Isoparaffin, C13-C15 Alkane, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 6 Lake CI 15850, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate

on 7/5/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The shadows are very similar to MAC and almost the same price as MAC. The only drawback is that they fade and lack staying power. They lack the same return policy that MAC does, so it seems I will be sticking with MAC until then. No thanks Makeup Geek. I will not purchase.

on 6/20/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My 17 year old niec came over with a few of the eye shadow's and I swatched them at first they seemed ok, but when I put one on my eye it was hard to blend and after 2 hours it was gone...
this brand my be good for young girls just starting out with makeup.

on 6/19/2014 3:24:00 PM

Oh dear, I think I am the only person not to be in love with these. I agree that many of the colors are richly pigmented (cosmopolitan, homecoming, taupe notch, latte, creme brulee), but I feel there is a balance between buttery soft blendability and long lasting adherance. In the case of these shadows my complaint isn't that the look doesn't turn out well when you create it, but that it fades really quickly. Also, because the shadows are so creamy and blendable, you have to be careful in your blending technique or the look can get muddy very quickly. But my biggest complaint is not with the shadows but the return policy. If your order is messed up they will fix it, but they do not take returns. So if for say, you happen to be in the minority and are less than impressed or they just aren't your colors, they do not take returns. MAC will always take a return and for this reason I will stick with them in the future. Sorry to be less than glowing, these are my honest opinions of my first and only order. I was truly excited for this order and based upon everything I'd read had full expectations of HG-land. But in my opinion they are average, there I've said it. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely my HG of ES!! These are phenomenal! I now have acquired over 30 of these shadows. I intend to own them all eventually. If you are buying MAC or any other high end shadows, you are wasting your money my friend! I have tried everything from MAC to UD, Tom Ford, Dior, Chanel, and everything in between. MUG is just as good if not better than any of the aforementioned brands..and when it comes to MAC, MUG is just hands down better in every single category. The colors are unique, diverse, and beyond pigmented. They are blendable, soft, creamy..utter perfection. Can we talk about price vs quality? One word comes to mind, UNBELIEVABLE. I could seriously go on about these shadows for eternity. I am so in love. I recently purchased some of the new summer releases, and Rockstar is one of the most unique shades I've come across. I love how MUG really takes into consideration cool and warm tones. Warm tones are so easy to find, but quality cool tones aren't as easy to come by. Cupcake has changed my life. I never would have chosen a pink ES color for myself. I saw a video on Youtube and I saw Marlenas eye look and fell in lust with it. I looked up the colors she used and bought them on the spot. This was my first MUG purchase. When they arrived I tried to replicate the look. Well it turned out beautifully, but the shocker was how much I loved Cupcake, and how that one little eyeshadow allowed me to gradually experiment with colors outside my comfort level. It had never occurred to me to try a pink at all, let alone in the crease as a neutral. I'm still in awe of how a matte pink, unassuming color could make such a difference in an eye look. I get compliments almost every time I wear it. These colors are thought out. There is love that goes into the development and it shows. These shadows are a makeup lovers dream. These are the colors you want, with quality you don't expect, at a price thats almost too good to be true. I have never had a problem with delivery, customer service, or shipping. I have never received any broken shadows. I have always gotten a prompt email after ordering, and another upon shipment. Deliveries have always arrived quickly, on time or before expected. I have made small orders, large orders, and even ordered single shadows, and every order was handled in a consistent, professional, and timely manner. MUG may be small, but they know what they're doing. With MUG you can have your cupcake and eat it too. You are getting high end quality without a question, at prices that beat even drugstore deals. I urge any ES wearer, any makeup lover...go! Try these shadows, you will not be disappointed! I can't recommend it highly enough! They are stunning!!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I ordered corrupt, bitten and cupcake. Before ordering I was worried that cupcake would not work on my nc44 skin but I decided to take a risk anyways. Well it turned out to be beautiful and it exceeded my expectations. It came off as a nice wash of soft neutral pink on my lid. It can be easily warn alone on a day when you don't want to understated. If you want to warm it up I'm sure you could use coco bear in the crease. I tried it with mac brown script and it blended in beautifull. I also cupcake with bitten in the crease and it worked for a night out kind of look... very mysterious and almost vampy. Overal I think I'll get great use out of it. I haven't tried corrupt yet but with one swatch on my fingers it looks really pigmented. When I laid it out beside some of my other mac dark browns/dark grey shadows, It looked almost like a super dark blue black instead of just a straight black... interesting. I will buy more of these shadows because the price is amazing and the quality seems just as good as nice as mac in terms of texture and pigmentation.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

These ES are amazing for its price, I had already placed a second order for colours that I would use. Buttery smooth and easy to blend, in my opinion, these are as good as Mac one. Would love to see Marlena expand the range of shadow.
I had mine in a Z palette and it held up so well. Its only downside is that it took nearly a month to reach me for international delivery.

on 4/17/2014 12:39:00 PM

Amazing shadows!!! I like these better than all my high end shadows, including UD, Laura Mercier, even Nars (although I would say the quality is similar to Nars). As others mentioned, texture is buttery without being TOO soft so that it blends out with a swipe of your brush. The formula really adheres to your eyes, and it's just soft enough that blending shades together is a breeze. I think the price point is right, considering many drugstore eyeshadow singles are similar in price, and these are much better quality. My only complaint would be the packaging, I don't like that I have to purchase a separate palette to store my eyeshadows, especially because I'm not a fan of the z-palettes. Also, I do wish the website had more shipping incentives (i.e. free shipping for $50+) or something similar, but still will continue purchasing regardless!

on 3/22/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So in love with these eyeshadows! They are blendable due to their extreme creamy-ness, simply amazing! I have purchased about 30 shadows and I am in love with each and every one of them. The best color pay off and I love that all except 2 of their eyeshadows do not contain Talc or Parabens. Also, I did not see ANY containing Mineral Oil (Big plus) either :) And for the price? Geez. U have to try these out.

P.S. They have awesome customer service!!!

on 2/14/2014 8:23:00 PM

These shadows are amazing!

on 2/7/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm reviewing for the shade Prom Night. I love lavender/ purple shades of eyeshadows but they often look kind of clownish on me against my red hair. After I read on the Makeup Geek website that this was a purple-taupe color I knew I just had to try it. I got my order very quickly. This is a truly beautiful color. It is like a like a perfect lavender taupe color on me and looks really good with my blue- grey eyes. The pigmentation with a primer is good and I would classify it as medium. It has a deep shimmer almost burnished finish which is so pretty. The feel of this shadow is silky and it blends very nicely. I was feeling adventurous today and added a little green shadow mixed with this and it looks great!! Five hours later and no creasing but I did use a primer too. I can't wait to try some of her other colors!!

Top Rated Makeup Geek Products