Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The smell, ugh.

Not sure that it helped my makeup's longevity much. The texture is smooth, it dries on the skin a little after a few minutes. Makeup goes on about the same as with my normal primer.

I thought I could get over the smell. After two uses, I'm really not sure. The smell is awful. Someone said rotting leaves and that is pretty accurate to me.

I want to keep using it because it is a decent primer but I've used it twice and the smell is really putting me off. I bought two bottles, I will likely finish this one and take the other back.

on 4/20/2014 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not impressed. For the brand, I expected more, but the texture and scent of this product are deal-breakers for me. I found no added benefit for my foundation or face and even experienced a bit of irritation after removing the product from my sensitive skin. The rancid smell does not dissipate after the product dries, the texture is more slimy than smooth, and my foundation did not last any longer with this primer underneath. To their credit, Almay was kind enough to provide this product in a clear pump style bottle, but that is the only positive I can muster up for this primer. Waste of time and money; There are better options out there.

on 3/18/2014 7:18:00 PM

When I bought this primer I thought it would help brighten and reduce the redness on my skin. It did absolutely nothing! When I smoothed it over my skin it seemed to just go clear, it didn't really help with the longevity of my makeup either. Not to mention the burning sensation when applied to my face. I figured if I didn't like it then I should let someone else give it a try because my skin is pretty sensitive and I didn't want to waste it, so I let my friend try it at my house. Her face was hot and red and she said it burned too, we had to wash it off almost immediately. Definitely regret buying this and would not recommend.

on 2/26/2014 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This primer does not work for me. It does not correct or perfect at all. As I have a combination/ oily skin, the product does not do anything to help it. And its so watery that seems like I haven't put anything on, but just make my skin more oily and not correcting my skin color. plus it has a terrible smell!

on 2/25/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for about a year now and love it. This is the first and only primer I've ever used so I'm sure that are better ones out there, but I definitely feel it does what it says it'll do (even tone & reduce redness). I don't find it has a smell to it at all and it seems to dry quickly and absolutely helps my foundation last through the day. I feel the price is reasonable, especially since a bottle seems to last a long time (I use one "pump" pretty much every day of the week when I get ready in the morning) and I like that it's an readily available in a wide variety of stores so it's easy to replace when I run out. Oh, and most importantly, it doesn't clog my pores or irritate my sensitive skin. I will absolutely repurchase!

on 2/17/2014 8:02:00 PM

AWESOME for getting rid of any red spots or blemishes you have!!! I use it on its own when I don't use foundation - just so I can go out without my red spots showing. Hydrates skin. Let dry fully before putting foundation on - or else no good

on 2/15/2014 12:30:00 PM

Absolutely hated it. Not only does it smell TERRIBLE (like cat pee), it doesn't do any of the things it was supposed to. Didn't notice any color perfecting at all and it didn't help my foundation stay on any longer than it normally would. Save your money and splurge on a primer that actually works.

on 1/28/2014 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this product about a year ago because I realized then what primer was for! Pros for this product: Your makeup stays on the whole day. It reduces any redness on your face. It has a cool swirl in the bottle which is just cool looking lol. The cons: Definitely the price was a little much for me, however this product works for me.

on 1/6/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

How it swirls is really pretty. This primer doesn't reduce redness but it does act as a decent base for makeup. The smell may seem a bit strong at first but you can ignore it. I honestly tried better primers but this isn't bad. It does an okay job. Check out my other reviews!

on 1/5/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have no clue what kinda nose people have here....the smell is horrible??? Really? cat piss? wow! let me meet your cat please, so I can adopt him! The smell is totally no-existent, like all Almay's products. Does it really do what it says it does. Not exactly but I do notice a slight decrease in my redness.