September 22, 2014 | 1912 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AWESOME for getting rid of any red spots or blemishes you have!!! I use it on its own when I don't use foundation - just so I can go out without my red spots showing. Hydrates skin. Let dry fully before putting foundation on - or else no good

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Absolutely hated it. Not only does it smell TERRIBLE (like cat pee), it doesn't do any of the things it was supposed to. Didn't notice any color perfecting at all and it didn't help my foundation stay on any longer than it normally would. Save your money and splurge on a primer that actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by TGarrigues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product about a year ago because I realized then what primer was for! Pros for this product: Your makeup stays on the whole day. It reduces any redness on your face. It has a cool swirl in the bottle which is just cool looking lol. The cons: Definitely the price was a little much for me, however this product works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by kawaiidesu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How it swirls is really pretty. This primer doesn't reduce redness but it does act as a decent base for makeup. The smell may seem a bit strong at first but you can ignore it. I honestly tried better primers but this isn't bad. It does an okay job. Check out my other reviews!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have no clue what kinda nose people have here....the smell is horrible??? Really? cat piss? wow! let me meet your cat please, so I can adopt him! The smell is totally no-existent, like all Almay's products. Does it really do what it says it does. Not exactly but I do notice a slight decrease in my redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MsLucyRyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to agree with other reviews on the smell, it is awful and doesn't seem to go away. Also it makes me have an ashy look to my skin when I use it. Would definitely not buy again, can't even make it through the 1st bottle :-(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by AstralAshley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason why I would EVER use this again is for hydrating my skin. This doesn't work as a primer or as a color corrector. The smell is absolutely horrible (cat piss). I can barely put it on my face without gagging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by joshctso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer works great for me, but not as a primer. I am using it for an alternative reason to help treat my redness and dry skin. This product works great as a moisturizer that leaves combination skin slightly dewy and matte with good protection from redness. Yes, I have noticed that the redness that usually comes from washing the face with harsh facial cleansers subsides when this primer/moisturizer is applied. I am a guy who works in a fast food place and I don't bother wearing any kind of makeup, so this is a great product to wear to enhance the look of the skin. It makes your skin looks glowey while it reduces skin redness and dryness. It also helps with oiliness because it prevents the skin from over drying and in turn over compensating with sebaceous oil. Overall its a great product when used as a moisturizer, especially for post accutane guys with sensitive skin. By the way, the packaging is very aesthetically pleasing,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by LuckyLucy777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product after reading reviews, as I noticed that the people who gave it good ratings were more within my age group (26) whereas the people who gave it poor ratings were mostly in the "18& under" age group. I wondered if maybe younger skin, which is often more prone to breakouts, might be the reason this age group had a lot of troubles with it...?

So, a few different-aged friends and I all tried it out, in different scenarios. We overall found it worked best on mid-20's and older skin that settled down and was not prone to breakouts. It also worked best on sensitive skin that wasn't oily. And, the two acne prone, 17 and 18 y/o girls who tried it with us only had breakouts with it when they didn't take their makeup off at the end of the day. We concluded that this primer really does hold your makeup well, so we wondered if not washing it off at night clogged pores...

The 6 of us (ages: 17, 18, 26, 26, 30, 36) would all buy it again, and all use it on a regular basis now!

Great bottle, and the smells goes away after a moment or so.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Ilovegelt

The packaging was good as you could see the product and it looked as if the the primer colors would be good to use with my complextion and make-up.

This product was very runny and oily and did not adhear to my face at all. It dissapeared as soon as I tried to apply it.