July 24, 2014 | 1847 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer (color 002)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by coffindodgers

For reference I'm NW15 with normal / dry skin.
This primer sucks.
Actually, this is the worst primer I've ever used.
I tried really hard to like this primer. I gave it so many chances to be great...I used with with like 5 different foundations, with setting spray, without setting spray, with Fix+, without it, with like 5 different powders, and it sucked every single time.
First off, it smells like Play - Doh and kinda feels like it. It gets very clumpy and feels very thick. I was expecting it to be more siliconey feeling, but its not. It kinda feels like lip gloss on your face..ew.
The packaging sucks too. The pump is lame and the primer comes out in some sort of spatter, getting all over my bathroom lol.
I normally LOVE Revlon...but seriously
there are so many other BETTER drugstore primers out there.
Don't waste the ten bucks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by condiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this primer when my skin is feeling normal to oily, though I don't think it'd do much for my skin when it is being dry. I don't necessarily think this colour corrects much (maybe a bit!), but it does make my skin smooth and matte, which is really what I want in a primer. One pump works for me, and unless my skin gets more oily, this is going to replace Benefit The Porefessional as my go to oily skin primer! I don't think it;s quite as good, but it is a ton cheaper, in Canada the Benefit one is $34/0.75 oz while the Revlon one is $17 for 0.91 oz.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, mainly because I have been a huge fan of revlon colourstay foundation. I managed to get this free as my local drugstore was having a one for one with revlon products.

When I first tried it, it glided easily onto my face and did cover fine lines and pores. Does reduce redness slightly. It actually felt like a good primer. But, it gave my face an odd whitish cast and starts faking after a while. Looked like my skin was peeling! Definitely not a desirable factor. It doesn't have a pleasant smell to it either.

My liquid foundation did not have longer staying power with this. In fact, my foundation started to slide off after a few hours! Such a pity as I'm now left with a close to brand new bottle of primer. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It did not "correct" color, at least, not in any noticeable way. I have really smooth clear skin, and I seemed to have some sort of sensitivity to this product because I could feel it stinging, and my skin became very rough in texture. I will attempt to upload a pic. I've used 3 other primers, and I haven't liked any of them, but this one will go at the bottom. It didn't shrink my pores. You can see them in the photo as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by MacPops

Overall, I really like this product. I'm still looking for my HG primer, but this is a good one to have in the meantime. It blurs the uneven look of my skin. I have a bit of redness as well as a couple of dark areas from sun damage. My skin is combination, but a bit more dry in the winter. My skin stayed matte with this. It's not slippery like most primers. I'd buy it again for sure. I have fair/light skin and felt that this added just a hint of brightness to my complexion. I feel like I look a bit younger with this on.

EDITED: I revised this down a notch. When it goes right, it is really good; and when it goes wrong.....eeeewwww. This stuff has sticking power and since I use tarte Amazonian clay full coverage foundation, which also has sticking power....sometimes it looks perfect. Sometimes it looks awful! I don't know what I'm doing wrong on the bad days. Just don't know...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by daym17

I was in need of a new primer and was looking to save a little money. I usually use primers by MAC and BareMinerals, both which I love. I have to say that I am pretty satisfied with this primer. It goes on nicely and does a good job of evening out my skin tone and blurring the fine lines around my eyes. I wear a a Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer on top of it along with MAC mineralize to finish it all off. The combination of all 3 lasts from day into night. My makeup stays looking fresh for hours. All in all, I really like this and would definitely purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on the hunt for a less expensive version of my "Holy Grail" of primers (Benefit's That Gal) and decided to try this one. All in all, its pretty good. My skin is very fair, sensitive and combination and I can get really oily in the T-zone. I also have some redness which we fair folk tend to get too. This product very quickly mattified my skin without feeling greasy or too dry (other primers have done these 2 things to my skin). For those who are looking for a colorcorrecting primer to completely change the look of their skin, they are looking for something no bottle is going to accomplish. It does even the skin but its a primer, not a foundation, so its not going to "hide" everything. My makeup went on smoother and stayed on longer with much less mid-day fade. My skin wasn't as oily as it normally is either. The one thing, for me, that disappointed is that I didn't get that "glow" that I love from the Benefit primer. This is good and I would buy it again and also recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by littlecutefishy

i like this primer a lot, i have a oily t zone and aplying this will instantly mattify the area and make my make up last a lot longer. its in pump form so very hygeinic and easy to apply. only downside it the horrible plasticky smell or else this would be 5 stars :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by arnoldc5

I love this primer! I read reviews and was scared to try it but I did it anyways!

It doesn't smell beautiful but I promise, if you have combination skin that tends to be oily, this makes such a HUGE difference in the longevity of your make up. It's not cheap but it's still less than Smashbox, Urban Decay, and other high end primers.

If you are looking for something that mattes your complexion, helps your makeup wear longer and prettier, try this product!

Love the pump. Easy to apply and control the amount you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by junex126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have found my new primer that is affordable for $10 for 1 oz from Target. It is used for uneven skin and color corrects your skin tone. I purchased this as a base primer before applying foundation since I am using the Boscia Skin Perfecting primer oil free. I was impressed the Revlon primer minimized my pores 75%. It did not claim to do so but works as well the Benefit Porefessional that I used for $28. I used this primer all over and still use the Benefit porefessional to minimize my pores more. It worst well this way. No need to purchase the name brand primers when I can use this drug store one. Plus side is it does not break me out and also mattifies my skin. Great product.