Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 1/11/2015 6:06:00 PM

I've gone through three bottles of this now. It's a great product! Note: this is the first and only primer I've ever used in my life so I may be a bit biased BUT why try something new when there's absolutely nothing bad about this product? It leaves my skin feeling so silky-smooth and of course, the pump feature is awesome!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Pros :

No bad smell
No feeling of tackiness on skin
Lightweight
Smooth application
Controls oil and blurs skin

Cons :

You have to wait a few minutes for the primer to set into the skin
The price is a bit steep
The packaging is a bit bulky so it doesn't fit into the average muji drawers
The pump can occasionally clog

on 12/27/2014 6:08:00 PM

I'm a huge revlon fan after using the photoready foundation. This primer feels velvety on your fingers and as you smooth it across your face. I find that you need to give it a couple of minutes to "set" before applying anything else. It feels luxurious. I can't say 100% that this helps the longevity of my make up but I always apply it before weddings and parties due to the additional heat etc.

on 12/14/2014 6:47:00 PM

The packaging is the only issues I have with this product. Eventually the pump stops working and there's still lots of stuff in there. This has happened with two bottles of it. BUT I still just went out and purchased another bottle!!!! This stuff does wonders for my acne covered skin!!! It calms my skin right down and makes it so soft so there's even less to cover with makeup. My HG of primers!!!!!

on 12/14/2014 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this primer. Goes on super smooth, barely need any to get full coverage, and it keeps my makeup on all day!

on 12/9/2014 12:03:00 PM

The BEST primer I have used!!! I have acne, red-blotchy skin, and dark spots. When I use this my face looks near perfect, my pictures come out looking like I photoshopped my face (in a good way). It keeps my makeup on and glides right on ( I use revlon color stay combo/oily). My face looks so soft with this! Definitely try this!

on 12/8/2014 11:27:00 AM

I really love this primer it controls my oils and makes my face look perfect and my skin is really picky with makeup. some primers (By some I mean most) cling to my dry patches when I have them and just don't control my oil. I love this stuff

on 11/26/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I actually really like this primer. Smooth application, no offensive smell, no feeling of the dreaded tackiness and no visible colour on the skin. It does a pretty good job at covering the pores on my cheeks but not quite enough for my nose. I find that my makeup looks a lot better with this on and i don't feel the need to blot until about 5-6 hours into the summer day where i am extraordinarily oily. Will continue to purchase this until i find something better but this sets a pretty high standard - good job Revlon! :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It smells nice and has a smooth application. It doesn't help my makeup to stay on all day though but for the short while it lasts, I notice it helps cover my blemishes/redness and offers a soft base for my foundation.

on 10/28/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

For a drugstore primer, this primer is pretty great at delivering on what it promises, however, that doesn't mean it doesn't have its problems. I'm a big fan of Revlon's PhotoReady line in general. I've been using the liquid foundation, concealer, translucent powder and cream blush's since they launched and have repurchased consistently. So when I ran out of my Hourglass mineral veil primer I decided to try this one out because it's a line I already use and like and the price point was much more doable for me at the moment. I purchased this from Amazon for about $10 which is pretty comparable to what I've seen it priced at in stores. It comes in the same size pump bottle that the foundation does, so you're getting your money's worth of product. The primer itself is almost gel cream hybrid that is real lightweight and smooths into the skin easily and drys to a semi matte powder like finish. It does a great job of blurring larger pores and fine lines without the heavy and greasy feeling that most silicone primers leave behind. This reason alone makes it a great choice for anyone that has oily or combo skin, such as myself. Because this primer has a dryer finish it's important to note that if you have any dryness or flakey patches, this primer will call attention to them especially once your foundation or concealer is applied. Making sure your skin is exfoliated and fully moisturized before use will ensure a much better experience when using this primer. This primer works really well with all the products in this line but also works well with any other liquid foundation. I'd say it works better with liquid just because liquid tends to be more moisturizing on the skin but it's also a great primer to use if you're only spot correcting because it does a good job of just evening out your skin tone even though it has no pigment to it. It doesn't have any glitter or shimmer, yet it creates an illusion of a brighter complexion. I haven't had any problems with this primer breaking me out and I have pretty sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts. This primer prolongs my makeup wear greatly and I find that touch ups have been greatly decreased since using.

Popular Primer/ Correctors