Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

I've been reluctant to hop on the BB cream bandwagon, but I figured it was about time. Plus with the oppressive heat of the summer, I was getting tired of my full coverage foundations and wanted something lighter.

This BB cream honestly exceeded my expectations. It's very easy to blend. The coverage is medium which takes care of most of my redness. The finish is a little greasy looking at times, so I brush a little finishing powder over it and it mattifies beautifully. If I want a little extra coverage, I put a powder foundation over this to get those blemishes.

Once on, this stuff stays put all day. Something about it makes my face look radiant, evidently. Literally every time I wear this, people comment on my complexion. Thats always nice :)
I love the fact that it doesn't cake and doesn't feel super heavy, yet the coverage is pretty good.

Even though this stuff has SPF, it doesn't give me that white cast in pictures. Not that I really care, because I don't like to take pictures anyways, especially with a flash. But I thought that would be good to know!

The color selection isn't the best...there's only 5 shades. Luckily the lightest shade worked just fine for me. With BB creams, it doesn't really have to be a perfect match. If it's close enough, you're probably good. I like that this isn't too pink or too yellow. The shades are neutral, which seems to be rare.
This is my favorite bb cream so far. It's good for my skin, feels great on, doesn't break me out, and really improves my complexion. I'd say it's worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very light coverage so it won't cover a lot if you're like me and has moderate redness +acne scarring. Doesn't control oil at all. It has a pretty greasy finish. Didn't break me out, but won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample, I think it was a Sephora 100 point perk. It lasted me a couple weeks of consistent use. Buildable formula but didn't mask all my redness so maybe a medium coverage at best. It did leave me looking quite "radiant" until I applied powder then it matted down. Staying power was okay. Due to price, I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As of right now, this is my favorite bb cream! The texture is creamy and pigmented, a little goes a long way! Well it has to with the hefty price tag for a one ounce bottle! I was recommended this product by a friend with very sensitive skin. Like I mean she can barely wear anything without causing breakouts, dry skin, or any catastrophic skin problem! But this stuff works for her, so i decided to over look the price (about $50's Canadian. Ouch!) I got the shade fair, which had just came out when I bought it. I'm so glad that they brought out a lighter shade to match my mayonnaise colored skin, why don't they ever name a shade that? This stuff hides redness, and doesn't cling to dry skin. But if you have acne concealer will do wonders for you. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone wanting a light, natural glow.

I received a sample of this in the Light shade when I purchased a few products from Ulta and I gave it a try. I am happy to say that I absolutely love it!! Not only does it give a nice coverage (medium) but it does not accentuate my pores which I have found most foundations do. The coverage is also long lasting. When I run out of my sample, I will definitely be purchasing the full size which is a bit pricey but I feel is worth it since I love it so much and has given me such good coverage and staying power.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily and sensitive skin, I would recommend you to stay away from this BB cream. It gives me a massive broke out and it doesn’t control oil at all! pros are ...Texture is great and very easy to apply and it has a wide range of shades.

At first I really liked this bb cream. It makes my skin look really smooth, and minimized my pores a lot. Coverage is light of course, but it wears very well throughout the day. It also helps with controlling oil. Unfortunately, something in this bb cream irritates my skin sometimes. I get irritated patches on my cheeks and nose that clear up after a few days. If this didn't irritate my skin, I still don't think its worth the price though ($50CAD). There are definitely some better ones at Sephora that are a bit cheaper or come with more product for $50.

The thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that the lighter shades are really light.. and therefore quite good matches for the paler skin ladies out there. Definitely more so than the Smashbox foundation which the MUA told me not to even bother with because they don't start light enough, so anyway I tried the BB cream. Great colour match, and the coverage is good for a BB cream, definitely a thicker formula than many foundations. However, that's pretty much the only good points. It totally dried out my skin, and that was with the moisturising primer that Smashbox sells underneath. I was really unimpressed by this BB cream, it clung to every dry patch particularly around my nose. I'm glad I just got a sample and didn't shell out £27 for this product, Wouldn't recommend to those with normal/dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely THE BEST BB cream I have tried! It lasts all day and is my perfect shade. It feels like a moisturizer and has great coverage. I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am very surprised by this BB cream. The coverage is amazing (for me) and typically Smashbox products haven't performed on my skin or they broke me out. I have found myself reaching for this product over foundation and my other BB creams. I pair it with either a finishing powder and it looks great! It doesn't take much to cover small blemishes or redness and doesn't make my skin dry, flaky, or noticeably oily. It lasts about 8 hours without heavy activity. Overall, I am happy with this BB and will continue to use it.