September 17, 2014 | 981 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible (US shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SC2493

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought smoldering plum and midnight blue to create some night looks. These eye shadows are incredibly pigmented and go on smooth. The color pay off is amazing for a drug store product. Both of the colors that I bought can be worn on their own. Depending on how the light hits the shadows on your eye, you get the illusion that you are wearing more than one product. Fantastic pigmentation, smooth application, unique multidimensional colors, and amazing quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mariatrann

I LOVE THESEEEEEEE! They have such a wide range of colours that all look amazing. I especially love the hourglass beige and eternal black. The pigmentation is impressive (the thing I love most about it) and works great as an eyeshadow base. This contains a lot of product so it will last long. Will consider purchasing other shades sooner or later :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by completelyloony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Skin: very pale (nc10 mac, Nars SG Siberia) oily eyelids, green eyes.

I bought this after seeing them all over the internet and the shops. I got it in the shade Pebble Grey/ Sultry Smoke.

The packaging: The packaging is a small pot with a silver lid on the lid it says the name of the colour on it. On the bottom of the pot you can see the colour of the product. Inside there is a black stopper to keep the product fresh.

The product: The claims that it makes are that it lasts upto 12 Hours. personally it doesn't last on its own more than 3 hours but with a primer it lasts 12+ hours. It's smooth and applies evenly, there it also hardly any fall out when you apply it, I apply it with Boots No 7 Blending brush and it blends out great it's so easy to work with.

The Colour: The colour is a matte Blue Based mid - dark grey.

I will buy this product again its a really nice grey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by cutelilram

Great eyeshadow! It lasts all day and doesn't travel around my eyelid. I wear this in Eternal Sunshine which looks awesome with my green eyes. It isn't as shimmery as it looks in the little pot, so I can wear it to work. I plan to try some of the other colors and I will repurchase Eternal Sunshine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

The consistency of this eyeshadow is very unique and soft--- it applies so well! One little swipe is all it takes to get color all over your lid. They are brilliant and last forever without primer.
The packaging is excellent, but the price is kind of . . . meh. It feels to me like the price is kind creeping up to high-end. But, you do get what you pay for and it's well worth the money.
I do hope the rest of the colors come to the US! ::fingers crossed::

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like everyone and their mother, I was excited to try these. I picked out Endless Pearl (off white) and Continuous Cocoa (dark cool brown). Turns out that both are satin finishes. I don't mind that, but I didn't realize that some were satin finishes because everything I had seen looked so metallic and shimmery. [Note: I have since figured out that you can tell the finish of the shadow by sticker on the packaging. If it has a slight shimmer/glitter on the sticker, it's a shimmery shadow. If it lacks the shimmer/glitter, it's a satin.] With that said, I found it pointless to purchase Endless Pearl since it's just a basic off white shadow and we all have a ton of those. Also, it's not very pigmented. It doesn't blend easy, either. Patting it onto my lid didn't do much since the pigmentation is lacking. I would have returned it except that I could not find my receipt. It's ok as a browbone highlight, I suppose, but since you have to unscrew the cap and remove the plastic insert, it's often too much work to use. (Wow, how lazy am I?) I liked Continuous Cocoa better as it is more pigmented and blended much better. I would rate it 4 lippies in an individual review, but it is nothing spectacular or amazing like all the hype. It's a good alternative for those who find black too harsh in the outer V. I don't know if I need to try a shimmery shade to see what all the fuss is about. I do like the packaing in that the bottom is clear and the package itself is square and flat. Drugstore packing can be bulky and these, while not expensive looking, are sleek in design which I appreciate. ***UPDATE*** Since writing this review I have purchased 3 additional shadows and have increased my rating. I picked up Golden Emerald (warm green with gold glitter), Smoldering Plum (darkened plum), Gold Imperial (neutral gold), Gleaming Bronze (bronzed olive). And, wow, are these things amazing. I have a few Armani Eyes to Kill shadow and these are just as amazing and (dare I say) smoother. The price, of course, cannot be beat. While $7 might sound like a lot of a drug store shadow, they are dirt cheap because of the quality. I wish the satin colors in this line were more pigmented and easier to blend. My theory about the shimmer (or lack there of) on the label appears to be holding true: the label for Golden Emerald has the most shimmer and the it the shadow with the most glitter.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by DAndrea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I was excited to try this eyeshadow with me being a licensed Aesthetician and considering that I'm a make up fanatic! I like how it went on easily and smooth, but after a few hours it started to crease. It didnt last no where near 24 hours like it claim. Maybe it's not for people with oily skin?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture of these shadows are interesting, but nothing spectacular. I like the packaging of these because they don't take up too much room. I don't have much to say on these yet, but i will update this later.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by viediva01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sad to say I am not as in love with this product as the other reviewed seem to be. I got the bronze and the sage shades. They were both shiny in the tub, shiny going on and shiny shiny shiny all day. Did I mention shiny?? I am at 48 too old for this much shimmer, but I probably would have loved it 20 years ago. I agree with the others that is high quality for a drugstore shadow but it's too intense and (shiny!) for daytime for me, and it does not work well in a light application. I did so want to like this as much as the Maybelline eye tattoo shadow (which I love).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by TGarden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE EYESHADOWS. Flat out, all the way. Witness the fact that I have purchased almost every single color, except for the blues and grays. Ladies, this is the *only* metallic/frost eyeshadow I have ever used that didn't just enhance all the wrinkles around my eyes and make me look ancient. I don't know how it works, but it does. And staying power? Oh my god. I literally went snorkeling 2 miles off the coast of the Florida Keys last week with my daughters. All three of us were wearing these eyeshadows when we went in, and two hours later when we came out, all three of us were STILL wearing these eyeshadows. Win, win, win, win, win. My only quibble is the little plastic "cement level" - like device that holds the powders down is not quite the same size as the pot itself, so when you're toting this around in a bag while traveling it can shake out around the presser thingie and make a mess. Other than that, I am totally crazy about these eyeshadows. Make more colors, please!!!