July 25, 2014 | 971 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Bouncy Blush - Hot Tamale

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by klckelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't really expecting much since I've read such mixed reviews BUT I'm so glad I tried it! I use this with a light hand and it looks amazing on my pale skin :] if you're considering trying this...DO IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Intrigued by this. Just bought it today and tried it on...I was looking for something to go with my true red Smashbox Be Legendary Infrared Matte lipstick (great product, btw!). I wanted a coordinated look, as per the advice of the fabulous Lisa Eldridge, who recommends that your blush and lip product have the same general undertone. Maybe it's just me, but my first use of this blush was a little tricky...I wasn't sure what to make of the texture so I rubbed my fingers on it lightly and found it didn't transfer much when I rubbed it onto my cheeks. I get that this is buildable, I guess I was just too scared of veering into clownface territory at the first try. It does take a bit of blending once it's on my cheeks, so I think it's a matter of getting used to it. It's quite natural once applied, and definitely a redder tone than my other blushes, so I'm glad for that. I probably won't repurchase before trying other red-toned blushes, which are surprisingly hard to find. My only little issue is that it seems to stay on my fingers more than I like, I wonder if it sort of dried before I could apply it onto my cheeks...it just seems like a bit of a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by kandice88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a little cautious when going to buy this product after hearing so many mixed reviews;however, after buying I can truly say I love it. I am have oily fair skin and it stayed on all day and it showed up VERY well on my face. I bought the colors hot tamale and the wine color they both show up AMAZINGLY!!! Love the coloration and I only have to apply once! A really good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by mymakeuprules

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loooooveeee!! Ok, i admit i was scare of this when it arrived in the mail. (It's not out in Australia and way too expensive anyway). The texture is like playing with putty or something and the color is amazing. It goes on very natural, not too pink and not too red. Because it is sheer in applicaion you are left with a very natural flush.
The packaging could be a bit better because it you're not careful, it will come loose. O, and it makes for a nice lip stain as well...
I'm definitely buying more colors and eying up 'Plum wine'.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have a love hate relationship with this line. I love how unique the texture is...how it's kinda like "play doh"...it's also very silky and smooth to apply but hate how MOST of the colors are so gosh darn SHEER!! Hot Tamale is pretty pigmented however. It is one of the more pigmented colors..along with Plum Wine (the rest are VERY sheer). It comes off a nice bright (just in from the cold) red/pink on my cheeks. I need to use a light hand when applying this. Overall, i do find it kinda pricey for a d/s blush...but...i would still repurchase just cuz i love the texture lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by EsBee3

I absolutely love this blush- I was so disappointed when I found out that my Mark. Blushpaint had been discontinued, and couldn't find another non-powder substitute until now. I really don't like using powders, so this is great- easy to blend with your fingers, and very natural looking. Can't wait to buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lovelycristi

very nice. i loooove the color. and the texture is awesome. i was scared to buy it because im not a fan of cream blushes, but its not even a creamy texture....its sooo different. i can put it on top of my mineral makeup and it doesnt look streaky or rub off my makeup. its awesome. but its not as pigmented as it seems like it would be so i probably wouldnt buy the lighter shades

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I purchased all the pink shades offered in the Bouncy Blushes & Hot Tamale (Walgreens has a buy one get one half off sale) & Hot Tamale (kinda reddish toned) was the only one that showed up well on my skin tone. The texture is weirder than weird lol. I ended up returning them all. They were a fail for me, bummer cuz there's not that many options when it comes to drug store cream blushers. I seriously rather use my lipstick as a blush than these!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Sometimes I think companies come up with formulas when they aren't even trying, like leaving a product out to see how it turns out. This has an interesting texture, and brands are on a role when it comes to unique textures these days. I tried a friend's blush, but I won't buy one myself. It's like a gel product that's been exposed to air. This shade reminds me a lot of a rosey flush glow, or Tarte Natural Beauty. Only it does have shimmer. All of them seem to have some kind of shimmer in the base. Don't be too intimidated by this shade because it's not bright at all. It would take two-three applications to build the color. These are good for natural looks or women who dislike blush. I like blush with pigment in matte or subtle sheen/shimmer shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by niferphoto

Would I buy it again. Yes I already have. That is to say I went back and bought another hot tamale since I'm not sure if these are staying in the lineup and I don't want to be without. My favorite color of these new bouncy blushes. The color is a total natural flush - very easy to blend in and glowy. Adore!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No