Borghese Superiore State-Of-The-Art Mascara

3.7

on 7/24/2009 10:34:00 AM

I am a Mascara lover. I wear mascara all the time, (except for the beach and/or pool). I took a chance to try Borghese superiore mascara, purchased at a half of the price, and i really like it for daytime wearing. Easy aplication, no clumps, no flakes, you got separated and long eyelashes but looking very natural, almost like you are not wearing mascara. My eyelashes look moist, and it so light that you dont feel like you are wearing mascara. So i think i am going to buy this again for daytime / daily use.
My eyelashes look better with Rimmel London Magnifier, in less timing aplication, but once it dries, lashes are a little bit hardened. That's the difference besides Borghese Superiore, soft, natural looking, and healthy eyelashes.

My Favorite mascaras are:
1) Estee Lauder (Magnascopic: to truly get magnascopic eyelashes, and Sumptuous: for separate,long and easy to the sides eyelashes) Both mascaras are light on the eyelashes, not heavy.
2) Rimmel London: Magnificent for big, separate, fan looking perfect eyelashes and saving money, little stiffness but not a big deal.
3) Borguese Superiore Mascara ( i think i am going to use this instead of Rimmel Magnificent)

I didn't give Borguese Superiore Mascara 5 points, because: no volume, no thickness, is more like a daytime mascara like i said.

on 7/6/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got two nice deluxe sized samples of this mascara in a goodie bag and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. First off, it does have quite a few short-comings pertaining to the things I look for in a mascara - one of the most important being that it doesn't lengthen AT ALL. It doesn't really volumize either, but at the same time it is absolutely clump free. Used by itself it can't hold a curl, but with my Shiseido Base it has become my go-to mascara for day-to-day understated looks. It does require a couple coats to get it to my level of liking, but on the plus side - it would be pretty hard for you to get the spider lash look with it. All in all, it is a decent, everyday mascara, but if you're looking for one to enhance what you have you should look elsewhere. The price-tag is a little steep considering the results it delivers, so I'm not really sure if I would purchase it again.

on 5/13/2009 11:17:00 PM

Better than most mascaras for me but not perfect. Im still searching

on 3/25/2009 12:07:00 PM

I think I've finally found a replacement for my adored, beloved, no-longer-available Dior MaximEyes. After trying a gazillion in ALL price ranges, this one is doing the trick for me. Goes on a little wet but not so much so that I have to use a lash comb (thank god!). Lashes stay soft. Washes off easily. No flaking or smearing. No odor. Decent price. Outta' site packaging (!!). Nice deep rich black. Yep. I'm hooked.

Later: there's better. this clumps (HATE THAT!) and globs (HATE THAT!!)

on 7/22/2008 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really excited about this mascara, waiting with bated breath for a couple of weeks for it to arrive from StrawberryNet. The packaging is gorgeous, a silver tube with swirls that looks more like a Parker pen than a mascara. However, that's where the compliments stop and the complaints start. The mascara is still too wet for my liking - a month and a half later the formula hasn't dried at all, so Great Lash lovers out there (all five of you, hah!) will like it, but this retails at about three times the price of Great Lash! I think I was paying for the tube rather than its contents. Serious eyelash combing is required for separation, otherwise I end up with five large spikes for lashes. The brush is a good size for me, a fuller size but not too fat or too long, similar to Max Factor's 2000 Calorie if I recall rightly. I've found it works best when the wand is wiped to within an inch of its life with a tissue as the tube leaves far too much product on the wand - but this is a gyp because most of it gets wasted on tissues instead of my eyelashes! Once dried (about three minutes, too long for my tastes) it holds out for four to six hours, a bit longer if I've powdered my lashes beforehand. If I rub my eyes it smudges like hell but that's par for the course with non-waterproof. It's a natural look mascara, as long as you comb out the spikes. Dramatic lashes require at least three coats but then the combing rigmarole for this is enough to make impatient gals have a conniption in the bathroom and reach for trustier steeds like Masterpiece Max. Extra coats can take you into Shirley MacLaine in 'Terms of Endearment' territory. I would not repurchase and I'm relieved I bought it on sale instead of paying full price.

on 7/15/2008 1:33:00 PM

This is a favorite of mine, I use it in Black-01, non-waterproof in the silver fluted tube with a gold ring around the opening. It gives really great volume & is a very dark rich black color. Also, I can really pack this on & it is so smooth and clump free that I rarely have to use a lash comb between coats. Another plus is that with multiple coats it stays very soft & flexible ( I hate that crunchy lash feeling ). Two thumbs up.

on 3/15/2008 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was the only mascara, I would wear years ago. I would order two every time off ShopNBC ( back then $18.00 tube ). Anyway, I loved the silky application and how it wore without, any clumps or flaking. Removing it at night time was a breeze. I'm thinking, Borghese used a silk powder ingredient in their mascara. I could be wrong, but don't think so.

I have used Costco's Borghese mascara, but there is a distinct difference in the formula's. The Kirkland formula is a little drier and clumps more. ShopNBC seems to be phasing the Borghese line out. I noticed Borghese is getting less air time. So, my new choice for mascara is Mary Kay's Ultimate mascara.

on 2/22/2008 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the "Say no to clumps, Say yes to volume" mascara in jet black, and it is the best mascara I have ever owned. It stays put through out the day, even during allergy season. It holds curl really well and gets every individual lash. I love it!

PROS: Long wearing, rich colors, doesn't clump at all.

CONS: Kind of expensive at 14 dollars, has a comb brush which some people have issues with (I don't mind it at all personally, I think it works better than a brush,) not available in waterproof.

This is the best mascara I have ever used EVER. It comes on so smooth and thick it is perfection.

on 9/14/2007 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very nice mascara!
Super soft luxury brush and you can put loads on. I like the packaging as well!

Top Rated Borghese Products